PDA

View Full Version : Good Newegg, Baaaad Newegg!!!!!!!!!

fireandsmoke
11-15-2002, 10:33 PM
All,
start with the bad, now Newegg says the xp2800 may only be purchased WITH the purchase of a motherboard AND one of their crappy heatsink/fans.....BAD NEWEGG

and the good, I received this case from Newegg from $31 and it'd actually a great case... 2 X 92cm fans, places for 3 x 80mm fans!
It's an unbelievable value!
f&s:D

Chong345
11-15-2002, 10:48 PM
When I got my chip today they didn't have that but I guess something happened and they changed their minds.

Chong

Tedinde
11-15-2002, 10:57 PM
I've tried those case. It flexes real bad in the rear, In and out. Good for a cheap rig, but move it around and the cards work out.

fireandsmoke
11-15-2002, 11:06 PM
Yeah,
It does seem a bit flexy, but it'll be stationary for me... I'm just shocked for the $$
f&s

Tweaked!
11-16-2002, 03:36 AM
Looks like a great housing for some folding rigs..... :)

thetoxicedge
11-16-2002, 07:07 AM
*Looks at $30 cases around the house.* Damn... :) Not a bad price for that kind of case cooling (well, compared to what I have).

shray
11-16-2002, 07:23 AM
hey gimme the lnk for the case mebbe ill get it for christmas

fireandsmoke
11-16-2002, 11:12 AM
it's the first one, $31!!!
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=7&manufactory=1524&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

MAXTOP midtower "cool case" GRAY
After assembly, here's my thoughts:
It seems bigger than it is, this rig used to be in an Enlight 7237,
but only had 1 x 80mm rear fan, the MAXTOP has 2 x 80mm rear fan mounts. I compared it to the Enlight, they're the same height!
Flimsy, yes.. a bit. But once the side panels are secured, it's plenty strong. Just wouldn't use it for LAN parties! The interior has rolled edges, so no surgery after assembly! The 92mm fans included are quite powerful and well placed. Well fairly well placed...I had to remove the unused metal flange on the back of my psu to clear the fan. The hardware pack is complete, the case also has a removable motherboard tray!!! If you don't use the top 2-5.25" slots, there's room for a radiator on the top of the case and it's real "w/c rig" workable!
Appearance wise....it looks expensive. The picture doesn't do it justice. Color wise it's a perfect match to my Liteon 48x12x48 cd-rw and is painted (or powder coated) immaculately. The front panel is screwed on, no more removing the front panel to get to the side! And the trim color is a nice textured gray. The on/off and reset switches actually have a quality feel! I covered the USB slot (also the case badge indent) with a case badge, because my mobo has 4 rear USB's already.

Now, I know it's no Lian-Li PC 61, but it does come with one more fan mod...and for the price of the Lian-Li I got my case PLUS an ASUS A7N8ZX for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whaddya know? I may even use it as the upper case on a Prommy.
f&s

Kurrurrin
11-16-2002, 12:11 PM
I have the same case and I'm really liking it. The only problem I have is the airflow through the front intake 80mm. There simply isn't enough room for air to flow through it. I've even punched holes in the depressions at the botom of plastic face and my 80mm panaflo still feels like its struggling. Any ideas on how I could mod that to get better air flow and look above decent?

fireandsmoke
11-16-2002, 06:43 PM
Kurrurrin,
Yeah, I was looking at that too, You could remove the front panel, hold it up to light and drill a rear hole HALFWAY through the plastic, so from the front the holes still look square, but the plastic behind them is gone...
Also there is quite a gap on the bottom, if you have the case on carpeting it could be choking it a bit. Even with no front fan, the 2 rears would pull a lot of air through the vented side panels and the front vents...
f&s
Ahhh, I see you have already punched the holes... try raising up off of carpet...

Kurrurrin
11-16-2002, 07:04 PM
lol, i already do that too. I just have some cardboard pieces underneath the footpads to push it up farther, but it just sounds like that fan is struggling to pull enough air. I've been trying to think of something cool I could do to the plastic bezel that would let a lot more air through but not look bad (like a big gaping hole in the plastic, for one ;) ) When I get a hold of a dremel, all the metal over the fan openings is coming off and i'll be putting wire grills over them. But the main problem is that front plastic....

And air is getting sucked in through the vent holes on the sides, but my dorm is damn dusty. I've already cleaned dust off my heat sink and I've had the comp for 2 weeks, lol.

fireandsmoke
11-16-2002, 08:11 PM
k,
yeah, if you come up with a good solution, post it. here's a test you could do, with the cover off take a piece of ribbon or something and hold it in front of the fan, replace the cover and see if you're really losing airflow?? btw in front of the fan getting blown, not the other way ;)
f&s

Kurrurrin
11-16-2002, 08:26 PM
I'll give it a whirl and let you know. What would be really neat would be if i could fit 2 80mm's up there..... :D there might be a lot of modding in my future ;)