PDA

View Full Version : New DI/LN2 container

robocopy
12-28-2004, 05:30 PM
This is my new DI/LN2 container.

http://hem.wasadata.net/2501/turez/DI/

I will try it on my 3200+ s939 0433SPMW soon.
I hope it will give me some nice results ;D

The container is made by chefnr1

//turez

TheTrebleKing
12-29-2004, 01:27 AM
that looks very neat and tidy and well insulated, great work :D

k|ngp|n
12-29-2004, 07:26 AM
Looking great!
Really neat and clean looking.
I tried a design like yours where the mounting holes were in the base and I had problems with capacitors around the cpu freezing up and making the board go crazy. Make sure you insulate all the components around the socket as best as possible, or it may cause you problems on some mobo's. This defintitely was the case on neo2.

When using a design like chilly's, where the container is mounted through use of a hold down plate, you can easily isolate the cold to just back of cpu. Had 0 problems with his container.

great work,
Good luck... and looking forward to your results :toast:

twilius_basic
12-29-2004, 08:09 AM
Looks clean and well-insulated :) GL on some high clocks :cool:

robocopy
12-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Looking great!
Really neat and clean looking.
I tried a design like yours where the mounting holes were in the base and I had problems with capacitors around the cpu freezing up and making the board go crazy. Make sure you insulate all the components around the socket as best as possible, or it may cause you problems on some mobo's. This defintitely was the case on neo2.

When using a design like chilly's, where the container is mounted through use of a hold down plate, you can easily isolate the cold to just back of cpu. Had 0 problems with his container.

great work,
Good luck... and looking forward to your results :toast:

Thanks for the tip!
What did you use between the mobo and the insulation (spell) ;D
I have a lot of armaflex/neoprene that i will use as insulation.

Thanks again for the great response.

VeryProudOfYa
12-31-2004, 09:46 AM
Not really into Dry Ice... More of a liquidcooler/chiller... But looks great... Like the other posters, looks neat and tidy, good job... Post your OC Achievments once done

robocopy
01-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Not really into Dry Ice... More of a liquidcooler/chiller... But looks great... Like the other posters, looks neat and tidy, good job... Post your OC Achievments once done

The results:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49224

A64 3200+ Winchester 2000@3206MHz. Not to bad ;D