PDA

View Full Version : KR7A 133 power up issues

Taver
12-28-2004, 12:08 PM
I have a KR7A MB with an AMD xp 2800 with 512mb pc2100. 40gb seagate 7200, 128 ati VC. 5.1 soundcard.

Yesterday the usb connected cable for the optical mouase got tangled and pulled and the I had to hit the reset button to restart after reconnecting the mouse. now the issue

The pc will only power up for about 2 seconds and just shut off. It will not boot. Any Ideas on where to start my trouble shooting?

Lvcoyote
01-01-2005, 08:59 AM
I didnt know that KR7A would even support that CPU....hmmm. Anyway try plugging a regular mouse into the machine and see if it will boot. Hopefully you didnt pull to hard on the USB port the mouse was plugged into and rip it loose from the board. :(

Lvcoyote

Taver
01-02-2005, 06:47 AM
OK a screwed up wrong cpu. I have a Athlon T-bird 1.1 in the KR7a. I have taken it apart and tried a rebuild with just the basics on board with a new PSU and still will not power up I think the posts are fried.

annoncompgeek
01-04-2005, 09:29 AM
I think you may have damaged the usb ports or possibly caused the motherboard to short out on the case when the mouse cord got pulled. You shouldnt have had to restart to get the mouse working again. It simply should have started working as normal a second or two after being reconnected.

Taver
01-06-2005, 08:31 AM
yea I tried messign with the mouse for about 5 or so minutes and even different usb ports and also couldnt even get the ctrl alt delete to bring up the usage screen

sllywhtboy
01-09-2005, 04:06 PM
are there jumpers on the mobo to disable usb?

--sllly

STEvil
01-12-2005, 01:04 AM
look at the port the mouse was plugged into and make sure you didnt bend the pins grounding one out.

If one is bent incorrectly and touching another or grounding out you can bend it to where it should be and just put some glue in the port once you verify the machine is working again so you dont use it...

sjohnson
01-12-2005, 08:37 PM
I have 2 kr7a's here, both running XP1700's, and have run XPM 2400+ - so XP *is* supported :cool: At 200 FSB, they still go up against any other non-64 bit 200 FSB board for speed.

I'd do as STEvil suggests, plus generally check out the board. It's even possible you tweaked the board enough to cause a partial short to ground, so removing the motherboard and re-installing might also be necessary. kr7a were notorious for shorts to ground on the case stand-offs, you had to get them fastened to the case just right else they won't boot.