PDA

View Full Version : Volt mods and folders...What do you think?

TheDude
11-14-2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by OPPAINTER
sysfailur,

Your best bet on the mods would be to send DDTUNG the same mobo:D, it makes it much easier for him to figuer out.

OPP

The above was taken from another thread by sysfailur. I didn't want to misdirect his thread and think this deserves its own.

I don't think OPP was joking when he said this, it makes good sense. Why can't we all go together when a new board like this comes out and pitch in a small amount each..maybe $10...and have the board sent to DDTUNG (if he is willing) so he can figure out the mods? It is certainly worth $10 to me to have someone who knows his stuff, figure out the mods...so I don't fry my brand new board. If we only had 15 or 20 people interested, that would cover the costs of most new boards. We would have to allow a few bucks for supplies, and could use the same PS/ ram, VC etc over and over.We could order it, the second it comes out and have the mods much sooner this way. After DD does the mods, the board could then be donated to the folding team for the next foster folding rig. Make an awesome folder!
We could put a post out in anticipation of the release of a board that we want mods for...if enough folks send $ in...it gets done..if not the $ goes back to sender or is held on account for next time. If we use Paypal, there will be a record generated and sent to us when we donate.
What do you guys think? Could also apply to video cards, etc. This would 1st require DDTUNGs OK of course and I have not asked him.:D

Hardass
11-14-2002, 08:07 AM
Good idea!:)

TheDude
11-16-2002, 07:36 AM
No one else has a comment? Pro or con? Let me know why this will or will not work? What probs do you see...why would you be interested or not? Everyone wants these mods, but we look to only several people to do the work for us. Why not pitch in and help them to help us? :D

PimpJack
12-03-2002, 08:16 PM
I think that I would be willing to donate if a new product came out. Currently sys, dd and others have managed to figure out the newest quite well =) but for futer technology it would be great.
I like the idea of making them folders or just letting dd keep the cool stuff for a job well done. On second thought maybe i'll just become a vmodd guru lol!