PDA

View Full Version : Modded IS7-E BIOS

Mr. Tinker
12-15-2004, 05:37 PM
I noticed that the only modded IS7-E bios out there is 17, so tonight I modded v22. I haven't tried it yet but I will when I get home. All I did was enable some really basic hidden functions. One interesting item was called "CPU feature" under advanced options if I remember correctly. It had some weird items including NX bit enabling and temp sensor selecting I think. I'll post how turns out and if everything looks good I'll post a link.

Mr. Tinker
12-15-2004, 08:07 PM
OK it worked. Get it here. (http://www.adamsanders.net/files/IS7A_22.BIN) It's nothing spectacular :rolleyes: . I'll work on it a little more tomorrow and see if I can enable anything else.

Edit: After update and filename change I updated link.

NST6563
12-15-2004, 08:40 PM
you don't do the AI7 do you? I don't really need it but am curious as to any other settings that may be hidden.

btw...how do you mod the new bios'??? I've tried using Modbin 6 and all it does is bomb out on the AI7 bios files I've tried. Messed with a couple other programs too and did get very far.

thx

Mr. Tinker
12-16-2004, 04:24 AM
I used the old modbin. I happened to try it first and it worked, but modbin6 doesn't. It's a bit buggy, and I had to use Tmod's boot disk. I'll give the AI7 a look tonight and see If I can't find anything, but who knows if it will work. Basically, you just have to use the Tmod boot disk, put your bios on it, mod it, save it, then copy it to the a: drive.

I see you're from Cape-town. I have some friends from there, I'm in St.L.

NST6563
12-16-2004, 05:45 AM
dang...small world!

I'll d/l Tmod's disk and play around with it then. Don't have a whole lot of time lately b/c I'm in the process of moving...

If you find anything interesting with the AI7 bios, let me know. After the move, I was planning on doing the Vdimm mod and a sense mod on my PSU (12v rail is a little low @ 11.93v...all the other rails are nice and stable though...was hoping I could break 3.6Ghz with my 3.0c)

Mr. Tinker
12-17-2004, 04:22 AM
OK I went in and opened up as much as I could in the IS7-E BIOS. YOu may notice that a few things that shouldn't (like gaps and the name of the processor) be changeable look changeable, but aren't really. It may be a little TOO open at this point. One interesting things is 3 more GAT settings under Game Accelerator. Anything that I made selectable that had no name I named with ?'s I'll mess around more soon, my goal is to make all CPU/RAM dividers selectable at all N/B straps, particularly so I can run 3:4 on my 533, since the pin mod doesn't work on this board.

Use link in second post.

Mr. Tinker
12-17-2004, 07:15 AM
I should add that you can now try running your ram at 2-0-0-5 timings with my bios. I don't know why Abit put this in, but I'm pretty sure that the reason that it was hidden was because IT WILL NEVER WORK.

BTW, does anyone know a contact at Abit that I can ask about why these timings were put in there?

NST6563
12-18-2004, 06:36 AM
I d/l those bios tools and such (modbin 4.5 and modbin 6...all the way up to beta 2.0) and none of them like the AI7 bios. Looks like Abit bastardized the AI7's bios for whatever reason...I can open the IS7-E's bios...but not the AI7's. That sucks ass too... I'm thinking when tax time comes...I'm ditching this AI7 in favor of an Epox board.... :p:

Mr. Tinker
12-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Yeah it looks like some have problems, but there may be a fix somewhere out there yet. Have you tried awdedit? Have you looked at biosmods.com?

NST6563
12-18-2004, 02:59 PM
yeah, when I googled on bios modding, I found biosmods.com. d/l and tried just about every file they had for editing a bios...none worked. They work with the IS7's, but not the AI7 :(

ohwell though...I guess it runs good enough for now... 3.6Ghz isn't all that bad :rolleyes:

bh2k
12-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Does this bios work for the is7-g? Also, does it affect an oc?

Mr. Tinker
12-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Does this bios work for the is7-g? Also, does it affect an oc?
I don't know...Check Abit's website and if the BIOS filename for both boards is the same, it's probably a good bet that it will run. The original file that I downloaded under IS7-E bios was called "IS7G_22.BIN." In fact I'll just go ahead and say probably, since there really isn't mcuh difference. Your firewire might stop working, that's it. I even have a board with the "accidental" gigabyte lan and it works fine.

LenniZ
12-19-2004, 05:16 PM
i have a IS7-E , but i dont know how to flash the bios :confused:
i use the stock is7-e bios..nothing special.. want to try yours :)
excuse my bad english
:p:

Mr. Tinker
12-20-2004, 04:20 AM
download the "Flash menu (ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/utilities/flashmenu/Flashmenu136.exe)" utility from Abit's site. Choose "Update from File" and choose my bios. Make sure you first know how to save yourself from a bad flash and BE CAREFUL!

brechtvm
07-11-2005, 01:53 PM
higher vdimm ?
greetz

Mr. Tinker
07-11-2005, 03:11 PM
nope. do the mod.

brechtvm
07-12-2005, 04:05 AM
nope. do the mod.
link ? url ?
is it difficult ?