PDA

View Full Version : gpu cooling?

bam~bam
12-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Hi
i'm totaly new to this but i'm planning to waterchill my setup this vacation :)
i've got this : http://users.skynet.be/fa239763/watercooling.zip

i had a dtek whitewater but my abit nf7-s crashed and i could sell it for a gooood price
now i'm running on a 64 bit 3000+ with a chaintech VNF-250 and some bh5 ( voltmod on mobo )
mine goes at 2400mhz on air but i want to use my watercooling ( and chiller :p: )
so i've got these questions

1 / is it good to buy a maze 4 for my A64 and my waterchiller project?
2 / i have got this crazy good 9800xt card for overclocking, i want the core to go above 500, so i want to chill that to, is that possible?
3 / i've got a nicce nova 800l, is that powerfull enough?
4 / if i want to use my frigus block to chill my graka, wouldn't be that a problem becouse the space between the two fittings is zooo litle
5 / can someone post a pic of there res inside ( with the waterchilling parts pls ), becouse i doubt if the eva has to be inside it :s

thanks & sorry for my baaad english

MaxxxRacer
12-14-2004, 10:32 PM
no idea on the eva.. got a link to the pump
dont buy a maze4 for waterchilling.. I suggest a mcw6002 as it will cool much better
but do get the maze4 gpu cooler.. with the brass top. It will be the best solution for whaterchilling as there is precut neoprene u can get for it.

frigus block??? enlighten me as to what that is pls.

Whaterchilling is usually done with an aquarium waterchiller... you can buy them online.. or you can do it with TECs on ur tubing.. but the aquarium ones work better to the best of my knowledge..

Ancient_1
12-14-2004, 10:45 PM
I dont have any experience with a chiller but the coolant in a sub freezing chiller (with anti freeze added) would have more the consistancy of a light oil than water and I believe that the restricion would become a major issue with the MCW6k series.

For refferance a Maze4 has the same restriction as about 6 feet of 1/2" id tubing and the MCW has the resistance of about 50 feet.

MaxxxRacer
12-15-2004, 12:56 AM
oh i forgot about the thicker coolant... well fiddlesticks.... well hey here is an idea... dual iwaki rd30's at 24 volts with a g5... heehehhehe. you would relaly ahve to strap down the tubing but it would give AMAZING temps...

Ancient_1
12-15-2004, 01:10 AM
The jets in a G5 are so small even that pumping power could have issues with a thick fluid to get the effect in the cups thats needed to make it perform the way its meant (I dont really think it would but is unknown).

MaxxxRacer
12-15-2004, 01:55 AM
it was a joke.. but u do have a point... well i think with enough psi it would start acting "normal" but that psi that it would take is a bit extreme i would venture to guess...

bam~bam
12-15-2004, 09:35 AM
frigus blocks

www.frigus.nl
i've attached an image

don't look @ the dirty 2 euro coin :D
you can see the two fittings are very close , doens't that gives me a problem for insulating it?

MaxxxRacer
12-15-2004, 11:19 AM
it shouldnt give u a problem.. if you are really paranoid about it, put some dielectric grease around the tubes.. it will stop the condensation.