PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Blue Screen in XP SP2

SkyGod
12-13-2004, 08:09 PM
I've been using XP for about 2 years NEVER had a blue screen.... I've had service pack sense day 1 NEVER had a blue screen (on my old system) I upgrade to the system in my sig... No problems I have my system mildy overclocked 220X10 2.5-3-3-7 1t, and its been running fine for about a week or 2. Now yesterday I'm watching a DVD in windows media 10 and I get a blue screen (dont remember what it said it flashed pretty fast) Today same thing but I'm using Win DVD to watch a SVCD and poof another blue screen!! I'm not sure if this is a stability issue with my processor, or a problem with the DVD decoder in Win DVD 6, or something completely different, I find it rather strange though. I was oc'd all the way up to 240X10 and was perfectly stable. I just lowered the FSB to 220 cos I'm on a stock HSF and am waiting on my XP-90 to show up.

So has anyone had a simillar problem or even had XP blue screen on them before??? It has never happend during game play or anything that uses significant resources, just while viewing these 2 differnt movies. So I think its maybe the DVD decoder, but I dont have a clue, Thanks for the help as always!!