PDA

View Full Version : Audigy 2 problem

Kobalt
12-13-2004, 04:58 PM
I hooked up my audigy 2 and it doesnt work. i go into device manager, and it says there arent enough resources. Ive unplugged every pci device except the soundcard, uninstalled my nvidia audio drivers and tried installing the drivers 3 times. if i try to uninstall the creative drivers, then i get a bsod..like internal page fault or something. any advice.....

god creative is so fricken stupid just make something that fricken works and installs without a hitch. other ppl have had problems too and i hear you all sucked before. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr die microsoft.

Disposibleteen
12-14-2004, 02:59 PM
sp2 installed? some people re having problems with this card and sp2. on mine i had to install the drivers before i put the card in the slot... (it was wierd)

Donnie27
12-15-2004, 06:38 AM
I hooked up my audigy 2 and it doesnt work. i go into device manager, and it says there arent enough resources. Ive unplugged every pci device except the soundcard, uninstalled my nvidia audio drivers and tried installing the drivers 3 times. if i try to uninstall the creative drivers, then i get a bsod..like internal page fault or something. any advice.....

god creative is so fricken stupid just make something that fricken works and installs without a hitch. other ppl have had problems too and i hear you all sucked before. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr die microsoft.

If your system has become unstable, first use the "System Restore" to back to an earlier date.

Always double check your BIOS settings first. Second, I've always had better luck removing and BUS Master PCI Cards of all kinds in safe mode. Use F8 to enter safe mode. This is also the absolute best way to remove video card drivers. Believe it or not, I've had better results with Creative's uninstaller than I would have thought. Now Aver Media TV drivers are a different story, hehehehe!

I have an Audigy 2 ZS and Service Pack 2. I have Zero problems with; Creative's software, Music Match 8.1, Windows Media Player 10, Quicktime, Nero Player, Roxio's and any of the other crap-o-la on there.

Donnie

Kobalt
12-15-2004, 06:58 AM
well i emailed tech support and they told me how to install it differently or something instead of using that demo shield crap. it worked fine and i installed the 4 driver updates rebooting each time. since they told me i should remove all pci cards before installing, i did so and when i reinstalled my tv tuner...by by soundcard. it doesnt even show up in device manager! usually it would show up with a question mark saying it doesnt have enough resources.

Donnie27
12-15-2004, 07:30 AM
well i emailed tech support and they told me how to install it differently or something instead of using that demo shield crap. it worked fine and i installed the 4 driver updates rebooting each time. since they told me i should remove all pci cards before installing, i did so and when i reinstalled my tv tuner...by by soundcard. it doesnt even show up in device manager! usually it would show up with a question mark saying it doesnt have enough resources.

Glad you got it going!

Donnie

Kobalt
12-15-2004, 08:01 AM
Glad you got it going!

Donnie

uhhh it doesnt work...in that post i said that when i added my tv tuner the soundcard all of a sudden couldnt find resources. in the bios it says that my raid controller and 2 multimedia audio devices are in one irq. im losing my patience and im about to go return this thing and get a better quality soundcard. creative is disappointing me...

edit: basically every time it stops working i have to...

reboot into safe mode, uninstall all creative drivers and utilities, boot into normal mode, install the software and drivers, reboot, install update #1, reboot, install update #2, reboot, and install update #4 and reboot.

lol its kinda annoying....

Disposibleteen
12-15-2004, 06:02 PM
do i smell a faulty card? most people ive talked to have said only good things about this card...

Kobalt
12-15-2004, 06:13 PM
yea but a lot of people ive talked to say creative sucks ass :)

im thinking maybe if since i have the tv tuner drivers installed now, it wont mess up because windows will know what the device is and properly assign an irq to it? my tv tuner isnt installed now cause im pretty sure it will mess up the sound card and i really dont feel like installing and uninstalling the drivers for a 5th time today.

Donnie27
12-22-2004, 07:25 PM
uhhh it doesnt work...in that post i said that when i added my tv tuner the soundcard all of a sudden couldnt find resources. in the bios it says that my raid controller and 2 multimedia audio devices are in one irq. im losing my patience and im about to go return this thing and get a better quality soundcard. creative is disappointing me...

edit: basically every time it stops working i have to...

reboot into safe mode, uninstall all creative drivers and utilities, boot into normal mode, install the software and drivers, reboot, install update #1, reboot, install update #2, reboot, and install update #4 and reboot.

lol its kinda annoying....

Sorry about that! I'm using A.P.I.C. so I get more IRQs and my TV card doesn't cause any conflicts at all. I like my Audigy 2 ZS.

Donnie