PDA

View Full Version : 90nm AV8 problem

Skip
12-08-2004, 10:24 PM
my mom just had me build her a new system for her work, she wanted it powerful so i got her an 90nm 3000+, 1gb 2-3-3-5 ram, 2x80gb raid 0 etc. but its hanging at post code 9.0 i just found out from some places that some AV8's don't have bios 1.5 or later which fixes this 90nm problem. is it possible that if i just email ABIT they will send me a new bios chip? i really don't want to have to send my board back and wait for them to do it, this way it will be much quicker for me and i'll have that system for my mom quicker.

SIOUX
12-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Yes...you can just contact the ABIT support, and then ask for them to send you a new chip:) How you tryed just booting with 1 stick of ram in slot 1 or 3 ????

charlie
12-09-2004, 11:36 PM
If Abit customer support is slow or hard to work with, and you're uncomfortable flashing the BIOS yourself, check here:
www.badflash.com
You can send him YOUR BIOS chip and he'll reprogram it for a small fee, or he'll sell you a pre-programmed chip for you to install in place of the older one.

C

Skip
12-10-2004, 10:27 AM
i couldnt even get it to go to the bios screen so i couldnt' flash it.

but luckily my abit nf7-s v2.o has the same exact bios chip made by phoenix, i took some nf7-s runme.bat, awardflash.exe and abitfae.bat file and renamed the av8-18 bios to nf7_d26 and i was able to hotflash it using my nf7 board. its working just fine now.