PDA

View Full Version : IC7-Max3 Problem

DocGolem
12-08-2004, 07:22 PM
System specs are in my sig.

I was running at stock speed while I tuned my chiller before I put it on. So I just had air cooling so I wasn't overclocking at all.

Here's what happened before: I went out of the house for awhile and my brother jumped onto my computer to play a game. He said that after around 5 minutes it just "turned off'. I don't think that he is lying but it could be a possibility.

Here's the problem: I disconnect everything but the cpu fan, video card, and ram. No hard drives or optical drives. The motherboard gets power from the PSU but when I push the power button, it momentarily starts up (leds, fans spin), but then it promptly shuts off.

I have tried multiple power supplies and video cards. I haven't tried any different RAM because I don't have any direct access anymore. I've tried taking the whole computer apart, reseating the heatsink. I've tried clearing CMOS, taking out the battery, and even letting it sit for hours before trying to start it up again.

I don't have another CPU that I can test in it, but I believe the problem is with the motherboard. It looks like an electrical problem. I don't know if it is a faulty board or not.

I think I've tried everything besides CPU, Mobo, and RAM combinations. I can get some RAM to test if it is something I should try out.

Thanks in advance.

Lvcoyote
01-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Try a bare bones install out of the case. Just use the COU and fan, a stick of memory and a vid card for the test. If it still wont post then RMA.

Lvcoyote

DocGolem
01-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Yes that's what I did. Tried doing everything short of a hammer :)

I ended up RMAing the board and it turned out to be a pleasant experience, thanks Abit!