PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Console thread

JBELL
11-11-2002, 03:46 PM
What is your poison?

XBOX got my vote cuase of the head on head and online ability of HALO

Hardass
11-11-2002, 03:49 PM
I will vote just as soon as I try one of these. Never owned or tried any of them.:D

JBELL
11-11-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Hardass
I will vote just as soon as I try one of these. Never owned or tried any of them.:D

I still got love for the Gamecube and bro - you'll LOVE it!!!!!

especially games where you get to play sniper or just shoot the hell out of everything ;)

Hardass
11-11-2002, 03:53 PM
Sounds like my kind of fun.:)

JAWS
11-11-2002, 05:05 PM
XBOX....hands down!

JBELL
11-11-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by JAWS
XBOX....hands down!

Reason?

do you have Halo?
do you have broadband?
do you have a router?

JAWS
11-11-2002, 05:21 PM
My bud at work has both XBOX and Playstation2. The only reason he has the PS2 is because of the GTA VC. He has convinced me without any doubts that the XBOX is superior.

Anyways, I'll have the XBOX hopefully before Christmas. Halo is on my "must get list" along with Kelly Slater's Surfing. ;) Got BB and router so I'm 2/3's there. :p

JBELL
11-11-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by JAWS
My bud at work has both XBOX and Playstation2. The only reason he has the PS2 is because of the GTA VC. He has convinced me without any doubts that the XBOX is superior.

Anyways, I'll have the XBOX hopefully before Christmas. Halo is on my "must get list" along with Kelly Slater's Surfing. ;) Got BB and router so I'm 2/3's there. :p

I got halo and was on last level with in 2 days - not cuase it was that easy but becuase it was that hard to put down...

sysfailur
11-15-2002, 09:38 PM
Playstation 2... I dunno what I'd do if I couldn't play Gran Turismo 3. :P

mook
11-15-2002, 09:57 PM
Hey, I won't argue about GT3...but I voted for gamecube for 3 reasons:

1. Zelda
2. Metroid
3. At least Gamecube's version of BMX XXX didn't get all the nudity taken away from it (Hahahahaha @ PS2) :D

Smizack
11-16-2002, 01:46 AM
Joe, Dogg... (The sony gods are gonna slap me for this) I just got an Xbox and now I'm waiting for Halo to arrive so you can get yo ass fragged! ;) heh.
But this freaking thing rawkz much ass!:D

Tha boxxx got my vote.

JBELL
11-17-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Smizack
Joe, Dogg... (The sony gods are gonna slap me for this) I just got an Xbox and now I'm waiting for Halo to arrive so you can get yo ass fragged! ;) heh.
But this freaking thing rawkz much ass!:D

Tha boxxx got my vote.

dude i just finished a 13 hour halo fest and had a 15hour fragfest last wekk and i play daily - you will go down G - so bring it!!!

oh yeah did I mention I defeated the game in under 4 days of play?

Tweaked!
11-17-2002, 05:34 AM
Jbell, that must of been while you inbetween jobs then;)

Don't feel bad Hardass, I can't vote either. The only one I have ever played out of this list is the playstation. And I know most all the other ones blow it away. Maybe I should have my sons come in and vote. They would know better than me:)

SHrKY
11-18-2002, 12:02 PM
Xbox for sure.

I've got mine completely modded. It's got a mod chip of course, 40gig HD, tweaked DVD drive (reads any type of cd/cdr/cdrw/dvd/dvdr media now), secondary fan (I dremeled out the green "X" and replaced it with a low profile fan to cool the HD), and a converted USB keyboard. Software-wise I've got MAME-X with about 900 games, Xbox media player (Divx/Mpeg/Mp3 compatibility; great for pr0n), a bunch of *cough* backup *cough* games on the HD, and Mandrake 9. I couldn't be happier with it. :)

JBELL
11-18-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by SHrKY
Xbox for sure.

I've got mine completely modded. It's got a mod chip of course, 40gig HD, tweaked DVD drive (reads any type of cd/cdr/cdrw/dvd/dvdr media now), secondary fan (I dremeled out the green "X" and replaced it with a low profile fan to cool the HD), and a converted USB keyboard. Software-wise I've got MAME-X with about 900 games, Xbox media player (Divx/Mpeg/Mp3 compatibility; great for pr0n), a bunch of *cough* backup *cough* games on the HD, and Mandrake 9. I couldn't be happier with it. :)

Where do you do all this and how?? I am very interested in modding mine...

Adamantine
11-18-2002, 12:30 PM
NCL has always made great games, with many being genre defining titles that other systems try to copy but never truly succeed.

SHrKY
11-18-2002, 12:59 PM
Some good places to start are xboxhacker (http://www.xboxhacker.net) and xbox-scene (http://www.xbox-scene.com)

Xboxhacker's forums have all sorts of first hand explainations and discussions on hacks and mods. Xbox-Scene has some really good tutorials for getting started.

The first thing you need to get started is a mod chip. There are a whole bunch out there with all sorts of different features, but it really depends on how comfortable you are soldering. Since I have pretty shaky hands and didn't want to risk screwing up my $300 xbox, I waited for the first screw-on mod to come out. The downside to these are that they're new and a little more expensive ~$60. Anyway, xbox-scene has a pretty good buyers guide for mod chips, so you should probably check that out first. :)

Edit
link here (http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips3b.php)

Technically, these all work pretty much the same way. They tap in through test points used for factory testing/repairs on the original BIOS. The chip itself has a secondary hacked BIOS on an EEPROM which circumvents the original BIOS on boot up and allows the system to run unsigned code.

pulverizer
11-20-2002, 12:54 PM
Go GameCube! I have 1, and there is now 1 reason to own a gamecube.....Metroid Prime! But, it I bought another console, I would definately get the X-Box.

JBELL
11-20-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by pulverizer
Go GameCube! I have 1, and there is now 1 reason to own a gamecube.....Metroid Prime! But, it I bought another console, I would definately get the X-Box.

Jeah I loved my GameCube!!

Smizack
11-20-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by SHrKY
Xbox for sure.

:slobber:

I see my warantee going donw the crappa!

SHrKY
11-20-2002, 04:06 PM
Bah, warantees are for pansies. :p Besides, it's only good for six months or so; after that you're on your own anyway, so why not?

JBELL
11-20-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Smizack
:slobber:

I see my warantee going donw the crappa!

its microsoft - only way to keep it running is to upgrade and modify!!!

Enox
11-20-2002, 09:52 PM
SNES = Still my all time favorite console

PS2 (Had it for a while) = Final Fantasy, GTA:3/VC, MGS2, GT 3, SSX/Tricky, Dial-Up Adapter
(I know alot of these games are on or moving to the other consoles)

GC (Just got it) = Mario, Zelda, Metroid, FUN! (Kiddie? Hello? There games damnit)

XBOX (Dunno if I want it) = Ill play my shooters on pc, uhm, looks good gfx wise, Hackable!, MS will buy alot of ok developers, Broadband only :( I live in the ghetto ouside chicago we only get 28.8 modem speeds here.

felix88
11-26-2002, 02:09 AM
i'm going to vote for the ps2.

it's got a huge selection of good games, oh and i've gotta agree with sysfailur about gt3. i'm also a big rpg fan, and as far as i know square still makes games for the ps2.

JBELL
11-26-2002, 11:23 AM
Final Fantasy sold rights BACK to Nintendo kids... say bub-bye to playstation!!!

felix88
11-26-2002, 10:24 PM
i haven't heard that one jbell. where did you read that?

JBELL
11-26-2002, 10:50 PM
common news man .. I will look for some news on it for you.

felix88
11-27-2002, 01:11 AM
yeah, i did a search for it on google. i could only find a little info on a ff spin off game that should be out on game cube in a year or so. i didn't find any licensing info though.

oh well, i think the guy that made all of the good ff games isn't making the new ones. at least i know he isn't working on XI.

rockstar said that gta is sony(and pc) exclusive until 2005. and i believe polyphony digital is a division of sony. those 2 companies make the games that i play 85% of the time.

i'll probably get a gamecube eventually because nintendo always has some good games.

JBELL
11-27-2002, 01:24 AM
RARE - a nintendo centerpiece sold out to XBOX as well as SEGA

Both are now exclusive to XBOX

felix88
11-27-2002, 01:45 AM
sega is an xbox exclusive now as well? i guess i have been in the dark. i knew about rare though, too bad.

you know, i'm liking this place more and more. JBELL, you are mod, correct?

if so, the mods never interact with the rest of the posters like this at the other forum i visit regularly. it's kinda nice.

JBELL
11-27-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by felix88
sega is an xbox exclusive now as well? i guess i have been in the dark. i knew about rare though, too bad.

you know, i'm liking this place more and more. JBELL, you are mod, correct?

if so, the mods never interact with the rest of the posters like this at the other forum i visit regularly. it's kinda nice.

I'm admin

Smizack
12-12-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by JBELL
RARE - a nintendo centerpiece sold out to XBOX as well as SEGA

Both are now exclusive to XBOX

There are a few others that sold out not too long ago as well.

I don't want Rockstart to sell out because the PS2 controller is perfect for that game, but I'd like to see what MS could do with GTA4.

TheDude
05-26-2003, 04:31 AM
I didn't see PC as a choice? I don't own any of the others, my PC is a great gamer, among other things,
I played Postal 2 last night for 1st time...love it...senseless violence...great stress release! I tend to play FPSers..Hitman2, Vice City...etc. :D

sandman
06-14-2003, 07:12 PM
N64. The only one I own, and teh only one I probably will ever own.

KennethChong
06-14-2003, 07:49 PM
I loved my n64, zelda still owns.

antipop
06-15-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by JBELL
Final Fantasy sold rights BACK to Nintendo kids... say bub-bye to playstation!!! I thought the designer said the next one will be for the xbox. I hope they won't do it for the gamecube, i mean it's mostly for young kids except for a few titles like zelda that i want to try so much

gouda96
06-15-2003, 01:19 PM
I know i said xbox, but they have not made a single game that i have played for more than 2 days(splinter sell:slobber: ) since project gotham and halo. Until this christmas i am going to say game cube. That zelda game is so damn fun it is insane. The idea of using the ocean as a replacement to the field from the n64 game is brilliant. It has this grandioso feeling of adventure that i have never had in any other game. I have played it for about 40 hours straight now, and i don't want to stop!!!!

Smizack
06-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by TheDude
I didn't see PC as a choice? I don't own any of the others, my PC is a great gamer, among other things,
I played Postal 2 last night for 1st time...love it...senseless violence...great stress release! I tend to play FPSers..Hitman2, Vice City...etc. :D

*a-hem.. "favorite console thread.:stick: :D

Lunatic
06-21-2003, 01:12 PM
my vote goes for gamecube. just cuase i like nintendo and the games

CCW
06-27-2003, 11:15 PM
it isnt up there, gamboy advance, game while you move! :D

otherwise PC is best for games

mccompunerd
06-28-2003, 03:09 AM
i said xbox, but it's a very tough choice for me between it and gamecube... gamecube stuff is just so darned fun, but how can i leave out halo... don't own any of them, but have played friends....

gouda96
06-28-2003, 09:55 AM
I think when halo2 and project gotham2 come out everyone will pretty much go xbox.

Did any of you guys see the trailer for that? It looks almost as good as half-life 2 and doom3, no lag and on a console. THAT IS INSANE!!!

For people that just can't figure out gaming on a pc (yes some are out there, and i can't understand that either), this will be such a huge seller because everyone understands insert disc and play. I doubt i will be playing it as much as w3 frozen throne or half-life2, but I am sure that thousands will.

Master Chief
06-28-2003, 08:50 PM
XbOX
of course...
Got Castle Wolfenstein for xbox today...sux
the flaming zombies and stone soldiers...pppfffftttttt.
Running around dark catacombs is so.....1992
MC

Capn
07-18-2003, 09:59 PM
WTF?

wheres the SNES on there??? its by far the best system

but i do have an xbox im currently Linux modding

lundrog
11-12-2003, 09:51 PM
X B O X