PDA

View Full Version : Giga K8N Pro F12 BIOS prob

Stoned2Death
12-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Hello everyone! This is my first post and let me say I am glad I stumbled across this forum. Here's my problem, hopefully all the heads here can muster up a good answer.

I am currently running the F11 BIOS for the K8N Pro and have my A64 3200+ running a stable 2200mhz @ 10x220, 1.55v....Nothing special easy o/c via BIOS, and steady as a rock. Anyway, I recently tried updating to the F12 BIOS and to my amazement found that a clock multiplier setting had been added. However, to my dismay, I noted that it allows selection, but changes nothing. On top of that the DDR timings seem to have been disabled.

Are the current F12 BIOS flawed or am I missing something here? I can set the multiplier to 15x and boot, but when I boot system is still at stock speed. However, the settings do save in the BIOS....

Anyone know what's up with that? Also any advice for further o/c or modded BIOS with more features would be greatly appreciated!

:banana4:

Stoned2Death
12-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Well, maybe somebody here can recommend a particular BIOS for the K8N Pro? I'm currenty back to running the F11 BIOS as I find I can get a stable o/c with all features working properly. However, I would like to tweak a little more, and I am quite interested to see if any other BIOS for this board provide more options, better stability at higher speeds, etc.

I've read a couple posts about the F9 BIOS being faster/more stable than the others. Can anyone confirm this? Or, is there a set of modded BIOS that just beats all for this board? I think I've seen some people flashing with the other K8Nxxx BIOS. What kind of results does this produce, and exactly what BIOS is it people are using?

Anyone with this board care to offer some insight into the possibilities of other versions of the BIOS?