PDA

View Full Version : w2k pro erroring

Tweaked!
11-11-2002, 08:09 AM
I guess I need to ask for some advice here, I've got XF2 up and running on a Shuttle ak35gtr w/ a xp1600, geforce 2 pro, 2 - 128mb pc2100, w2k pro, and a netgear fa311 nic. I started w/ loading the os ( with no problems) loaded the mobo drivers in proper sequence, loaded the vid card drivers, loaded the nic drivers, then went on to get sp3, F@H, etc...
The problem I'm having is it won't successfully load Norton system works 2003 or Unreal tourneyment 2003 ( full version). It will load and run the demo for ut. I keep getting the same errors w/ Norton, _5969._mp.exe is the file name that causes the errors. I'm starting to figure that it has to be within windows virtual machine loader, but I've got the same os on my duallie and haven't had a single problem outa it. The only reason I'm having issues with Ut is after failing to load Norton, I tried to load Ut just to see if it will load anything else. I'm not having any issues loading any of the drivers (mobo, vid card, etc...)
So, does anyone have any clue to why it won't load Norton??? Like I said, Norton loads just fine on my other w2k pro rig, and it loaded just fine on my other w98se rigs too. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

TheDude
11-25-2002, 07:52 AM
Other than clean reinstall ...all I can offer is a bump..sorry

JBELL
11-25-2002, 10:21 AM
first problem summed up in one word ... NORTON!!!

DON'T USE IT.. as for UT 03 I don't understand why it is not uinstalling...

I would check original install file - maybe it is a bad file?