PDA

View Full Version : Settings IE

Wingless
11-29-2004, 05:50 AM
Ok i wanna ask u something but i dont knoiw if i can explain it properly
Every time I visit couple of site on the net(This forum,Nvnews.net, Xbitlabs.com, and other sites my IE downloads :banana::banana::banana::banana: from net)
Like last night i visited yandex.ru this forum 5 times, nv news.net and some other web sites and my Comp Dowloaded 59MBs of :banana::banana::banana::banana:......
I have got an internet plan 10GB Limit so i dont wanna pay extra for OverDlowlaoding....Is there any way to stop my IE downlaoding so much :banana::banana::banana::banana:?Any change in the setting..
I really appreciate ur feedback guys!
Tnx

Karnivore
11-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Well first thing I would do is make sure youkeep your machine clean of spyware etc. Then I would also turn off the individual foruns options to display Avatars, Signatures etc. You can also turn of the downloading and displaying of graphics all-together. Could also up security settings to restrict cookies but then you may have problems on some sites.

My first choice would be a new ISP, bandwidth restrictions suck, and are a pretty rare thing these days. Unfortunately I'm sure your located in some place that gives you little choice.

masterofpuppets
11-29-2004, 09:44 AM
Get rid of that IE! IE is evil! Click the Get Firefox button in my sig and download it. If you dont know what FF is, it's the only decent browser availible and many people will tell you that.

Disposibleteen
11-29-2004, 10:35 AM
agreed, firefox is the king of te browsers