PDA

View Full Version : DDR Booster Prob's

AlterBridge86
11-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey guys - i just got my OCZ DDR Booster in and my OCZ PC4200 Platinum RAM - it has worked at its advertised timings and speeds perfectly, however, the booster is giving me some issues. I have the Neo2 Plat. and i put the booster in the 4th slot. I turned the PC on, and to my dismay, the booster's LED's flashed "6.6" and then turned off...has anyone experienced this problem? Or know of what to do to fix it? Thanks.

ryanpgroovy
11-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Just email support@ocztechnology.com they will help you troubleshoot it

AlterBridge86
11-28-2004, 07:29 PM
thanks ryan - i'll shoot them an email tomorrow :)

andyOCZ
11-28-2004, 11:48 PM
It's your PSU. The booster will not work with most Enermax PSU's. The compatability list on te OCZ site tells you about it. You must have a -5v line. Sorry.

AlterBridge86
11-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Thanks andy - i just spoke to a guy at OCZ Tech Support and he told me the same thing...he did say that the -5v line only powers the LED's and the booster will still work, so i guess i can shoot from the hip :) I'll be putting a fan over my modules and booster just in case though...lol...thanks again OCZ - most knowledgeable and helpful support staff ever! :toast:

andyOCZ
12-02-2004, 06:33 PM
:banana:

KieutNinjah
12-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Sorry for the bump, but this is happening to me too. 6.6 flash when start up and then the LED's don't light up. I checked my psu and it doesn't have a -5v line... so how do I know how many volts I'm running through the thing?

alexio
12-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Sorry for the bump, but this is happening to me too. 6.6 flash when start up and then the LED's don't light up. I checked my psu and it doesn't have a -5v line... so how do I know how many volts I'm running through the thing?
You don't, lol. Or you need a dedicated 5v PSU with -5v line and so many mods it makes your head spin.

KieutNinjah
12-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Damn I didn't know that I didn't have a -5v line :( I guess I'll just use my fingers to test RAM's temperature...

edit: Are there any psu that actually have a -5v line? Because right now I'm using a Fortron 400W oem

double edit: Apparently I tried messing with the nob to make sure the Booster itself works, but I don't think it does... or my ram is messed up...

Tony
12-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Guys you can measure vdimm on the board with a meter if the LED display is not working.
I would do this to make sure vdimm is not to high, you could damage your memory without knowing here.