PDA

View Full Version : boot disk question

Scapre
11-25-2004, 09:11 AM
ok my computer went out in a power outage and when i started it back up i would get to a screen that would say
start in safe mode
start normally
start from most recent succesful thing or something like that

well i was informed that i needed to make a boot diskette

1 problem, i dont know how

i tried going to websites trying to figure out how and the only things they said was how to re install windows

i DONT want to reinstall windows for i do not wish to lose all my files n whatnot

i do hav 2 other working computer so if someone could guide me on how to make a boot diskette from them that would be great

bxa121
11-25-2004, 09:53 AM
you are asking of either three tings..
either you want advice about what to do at the menu you mentioned or you want to make a boot disk or you want a stratup disk for your current o/s

regarding the menu that you get when your comp whent out.. thats ok.. you get this menu on startup when your computer thinks somit is wrong with it and it wants you to look around and repair it.. thats what safemode is.. its windows loaded up without the major drivers.. thast why it looks crap. if you know the problem or there isnt one windows is being a dumb ass, then go to normal.. etc..

if its a bot disk you want, use the link..
http://www.bootdisk.com/

if however, you want a startup disk (the windows setup usually asks you if you want to create one of these during setup).. if you didnt make one then simply go to control panle and then to add.remove software..
go to the top tab which says startup disk and then just make one..
hope that helps ;)