PDA

View Full Version : Explination needed...

Smizack
03-03-2002, 09:14 PM
What the hell are Wampeters, Foma & Granfaloons?

JBELL
03-03-2002, 09:19 PM
A Wampeter is an object around which the lives of many otherwise unrelated people may revolve. The holy grail would be a case in point. Foma are the harmless untruths, intended to comfort simple souls. An example: ''prosperity is around the corner.'' A Granfaloon is a proud and meaningless association of human beings. Taken together, the words form as good an umbrella as any for this collection of some reviews and posts for computer overclocking and abuse.

Smizack
03-03-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by JBell
A Wampeter is an object around which the lives of many otherwise unrelated people may revolve. The holy grail would be a case in point. Foma are the harmless untruths, intended to comfort simple souls. An example: ''prosperity is around the corner.'' A Granfaloon is a proud and meaningless association of human beings. Taken together, the words form as good an umbrella as any for this collection of some reviews and posts for computer overclocking and abuse.

Ahhh.. I see. So basically, it's the general public.:)

JBELL
03-03-2002, 09:32 PM
yes

I also posted this at OC

''So what if he has been here from the beginning maybe it is someone SKIP personally knows and that senior knows his stuff - every forum has to start somewhere.... who cares - Seniors earn them one way or another.

... I agree with the forum being different but that happens everywhere when you have XTREME growth like you do here...
they now have 14,645 members - when I signed on it was below 10,000 if I remember correctly.

''

teehee I said xtreme

Smizack
03-04-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by JBell
yes

I also posted this at OC

''So what if he has been here from the beginning maybe it is someone SKIP personally knows and that senior knows his stuff - every forum has to start somewhere.... who cares - Seniors earn them one way or another.

... I agree with the forum being different but that happens everywhere when you have XTREME growth like you do here...
they now have 14,645 members - when I signed on it was below 10,000 if I remember correctly.''

teehee I said xtreme

LOL!!
I think there was like 8,000 when I got on there. And it was a better place. But as far as the seinors knowing thier stuff? Bull*cough* Shiii*cough* I've heard SOO many stupid answers to simple questions there lately. I can't believe some of the crap that flows from that place...