PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia + Intel

Kanavit
11-19-2004, 07:16 PM
http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=7376

check it out, Nvidia finally got license to make chipsets for Intel!! uh oh, watch out ATI. also watch out AMD . cause Intel is comin into town. LOL :p:

some more news..

''NVIDIA and Intel Sign Broad Cross-License and Chipset License Agreements''
http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_17070.html

Nforce4 for P4 wow, should make things very interesting. Nvidia could make faster chipsets than Intel lol.

quintus
11-20-2004, 03:30 AM
omg!!!
So now Intel will go make chipsets for amd!!!hahahaahhaaa

Kanavit
11-20-2004, 07:40 AM
omg!!!
So now Intel will go make chipsets for amd!!!hahahaahhaaa
yea i think intel lost some appeal to the enthusiast market, what better way to win them back by using nforce4 for Pentium4. a very smart move by intel. they did that knowing that this could jeapordize their own chipset + gfx family of products. This just shows you how important and urgent this matter is to intel.

Biffsta
11-20-2004, 12:21 PM
oh...my...god.....finally. :)

this is good news for us Intel users.

jem10
12-14-2004, 02:30 AM
a lot of the newshounds seem to think that this deal was specifically for intel to be able to offer an SL1 solution seeing as AMD/Nvidia are now the only real choice for gamers though the SL1 market IMHO will only be very small

maybe i can expect Nvidiot graphics on intel mobo's :eek:

Disposibleteen
12-14-2004, 01:09 PM
not a bad idea by both of them, hehe, maybe when i order by new P4EE ill also think about throwing in a mobo that has SL1 capability. (not for a long time though)

skate2snow
12-17-2004, 07:49 AM
omg!!!
So now Intel will go make chipsets for amd!!!hahahaahhaaaWhat are you saying there???? nVidia is NOT AMD, it's a compagny that makes some chipsets for AMD, and now for Intel too...

beau_zo_brehm
12-22-2004, 08:03 PM
will nvidia make an sli compatible chiopset for intel? if they dont, i might have to convert to amd :(

WesM63
12-22-2004, 08:42 PM
What should AMD watch out for? Intel using a good chipset with there crappy cpus?

Now if it was a good NF Chipset with Donthan :D

Kanavit
12-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Nvidia providing chipsets for Intel P4 will take away buyers from AMD/ nvidia market. the P4 is not that bad enough, even. having Nvidia on board will definitely lure buyers from AMD nvidia based systems. Or more importantly keep P4 loyalists with Intel. instead of jumping ship and going AMD because they were the sole cpu makers for Nvidia before.

WesM63
12-22-2004, 10:23 PM
I doubt nvidia making chipsets for Intel will make the general population start switching to Intel nor lure them away from AMD based systems. If people are going basing they're systems on the chipset it uses, they truely need help. Even a AMD/VIA setup trounces anything Intel has to offer in gaming.

Think of it this way, Do you think Dell will sell more systems if they switch to using a nvidia chipset over a Intel chipset? Me: No, because 90% of Dell's business is there business products. Someone in the office isn't going to rant and rave over what chipset they're system is using. At least none of my customers have, and the only one that has remotly cared is a big PC enthusiast.

Kanavit
12-23-2004, 12:00 AM
maybe. but it puts intel on equal ground with AMD now. if the possibility that the nforce chipsets are superior to intel chipsets, than that would help Intel eliminate any chances of loosing buyers.

reject
12-23-2004, 01:50 AM
btw. its called nforce 5

skate2snow
12-23-2004, 06:10 PM
The Chipset wont change much... The Intel chipsets were starting to be bad, but I dont see why it whould put Intel on par with AMD now? Do you know something called CPU? A64 S939 as a direct connection with the RAM's Dual Channel, and as the power of older A64 S754.... When Intel as just raised theyre speed and a little bit the bus speed... A such change in bus speed wont change much since they are still on QPB...

And I dont defend AMD because I have an AMD rig(I actually owned Intel way much more then AMD, and my title and other forums are Intel Addict). Intel is a great compagny, thats the simple reason why I love them, but there product are not better(at least pricewise) then there rivals, so I will go AMD for sure...

jem10
12-23-2004, 10:34 PM
i would not say that intel chipsets are bad, if anything the opposite, BUT the ARROGANT FOOL who decided to only implement 1 ide channel at this time (maybe in a couple of years) makes me and i am sure many others look to another manufacturer eg Nvidia when choosing chipsets/mobo

Kanavit
12-24-2004, 05:52 AM
with Nforce5 and hyperthreading and if Nvidia makes SLI for P4 , things can get pretty interesting , especially with the LGA 775 P4 3.46EE with 1066fsb. I'm sure Dell will jump all over that one, it will cost an arm and a leg.

WesM63
12-24-2004, 06:50 AM
i would not say that intel chipsets are bad, if anything the opposite, BUT the ARROGANT FOOL who decided to only implement 1 ide channel at this time (maybe in a couple of years) makes me and i am sure many others look to another manufacturer eg Nvidia when choosing chipsets/mobo

They might be arrogant but even the single channel systems put a whoopin on P4's. ;)

True kanvait it my help them chose Intel, but the only people that are going to care is us enthusiasts. Which is what 1% of the market. Businesses is where it's at, and if intel can't see it to dell/hp/compaq i'm sure we won't see much of it.

enzoR
01-10-2005, 01:46 PM
every motherboard manufactureer is gonna use NVidia's chipset so that they dont have to mess with the stupid OC lock on intel and intel is gonna learn its lesson.