PDA

View Full Version : Hi all here at Extreme Systems

Mr.Orange
11-19-2004, 08:31 AM
HAIL all you gurus of cooling

After a periode of reading all your posts and learning from them, i decided to go for it and build me a chiller !

I got the 1/6 compressor (Unidad hermetica) from a freezer and the piping is done by me (once i was a plumber-but now i dont know :D )
instead of a capillary tube i went for the danfoss ten2 valve (well a same valve that is , at a litle less of the costs )
also i got a condenser from a cooling van (thx to thermoking groningen)
the heat exchanger is made out of a 80 mm copper tube with in it a 15 meter long coiled 8mm coper tube.(Drawings wil be posted)
the setup is on a wooden board , but wil be in a coolermaster stacker or a server case

http://members.lycos.nl/jhonnfeikens/hpbimg/P1010010.JPG

http://members.lycos.nl/jhonnfeikens/hpbimg/P1010012.JPG
The system is currently not that impressive (in low temps...) but i filled it yust today with r134a to clear out the piping and will move on to r404a tomorow.
(upde) its tomorow now and i have refilled the system with a slightly diferent gas (r410a) the system ran fine for about one hour, temp -25 ande even beter .
cant tell how much better becouse my thermometer only goes down to -25!, after the first euforia i decided to go for a load temp and atach a pum to the system......that was not a good i.d. becouse now the compressor wont restart , even after testing al the things that could be wrong it yust shakes a few times and stops (this repeats itselve until i cut the power )

I have a few questions ; WHATS WRONG WITH MY COMPRESSOR
how low can i go with a 1/6 hp compressor and 404a?, and wil a pur foam insulate enuf?.

grtz orange

Charles Wirth
11-19-2004, 11:03 AM
R410 is hard on a compressor, it may be destoyed. Recharge it with a little 404 and try and start it. If it starts up then hope for the best if not you need to change out comrpessors.

Mr.Orange
11-20-2004, 06:54 AM
wil do that monday but am also cosidering building a new rigg with out the mistakes i made at this atempt , have ordered some parts;
drieyer lookingglass and a storige tank to put inline of the system, also am thinking of charging with r404A this time.

also it might be a good i.d. to look for a compressor that's already prepared for the gas i use this time

saaya
11-21-2004, 03:28 PM
welcome to XtremeSystems :toast:

good luck!
what fans are you using on the condenser?

Mr.Orange
11-21-2004, 05:59 PM
wanted to use the 13cm fans i have lying around , but stil not shure to go with this size condensor (to big for my case.....)
orange