PDA

View Full Version : please critique my proposed setup

jikdoc
11-18-2004, 06:00 PM
hey all, gonna try out my hand at watercooling with the following setup. please give me feedback on things to improve

i've got an fx55 and 6800gt in a lian li pcv1000 case.

my priority is semi silent operation, i'm currently running with an xp-90 with a 35dB fan which is about what i can tolerate on a 24/7 basis. second, i want the pump to be able to fit inside the case and i don't want to cut the case up.

waterblocks: storm g4 (swiftech mc-6000 if not avail), silverprop fusion HL (swiftech mcw-50 if not avail)

pump: swiftech mcp-650, how quiet is this pump? i hear conflicting reports

radiator: dtek pro120 with shroud, to be mounted on the rear of the case with a swiftech radbox. anyone tried this out? will i be able to mount the dtek to the back of my case without the radbox? other question is, do i remove the 120mm fan that is installed inside the case when i mount the radbox?

reservoir: swiftech 525

fan: sanyo denki 120

7/16" tubing, hose clamps, water wetter

my last question is, if the aussie waterblocks aren't available, i'm seriously considering just getting the swiftech 120 kit, considering the only thing i'd get different is the dtek heatercore instead of the swiffie radiator. how much of a difference in performance is there between the swiffie and the dtek?

i plan on using this setup for a while, until i can save for a vapoLS at which point i'll use it to cool the vga only, possibly dual SLI.

Occidere
11-18-2004, 07:12 PM
I'd say go with a kit, they're focused towards people who want a quiet system, easy install, and professional appearence (i'm assumeing this is high on your list considering your case). This is a case where some reviews would probably tell you more then you'll get here. The only draw back of kits is they are meant to run as a package and so usually they aren't very upgradeable, and of course price

jikdoc
11-19-2004, 08:10 AM
thanks occidere.
i'm wondering if anyone has experience with the swiftech mc650 pump, is it loud? are there any comparisons between the swiffie radiator and the dtek?

LANjack
11-19-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm curious about the 7/16" tubing...

jikdoc
11-19-2004, 01:23 PM
i read a post by cathar on another review site saying that the 7/16 fits 1/2 fittings with some effort and that he recommends it. i can't remember the site, but i think you can google it to find it.

Ancient_1
11-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Here (http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=10509&highlight=7%2F16) is that thread on 7/16 5/8 tubing

jikdoc
11-22-2004, 09:46 PM
took the plunge and ordered my parts,

aquaxtreme 50z. any suggestions on how to mount the pump inside the case? the aquaxtreme doesn't come with an adhesive pad like the swiffie.

swiftech 6002-64
fusion HL, tweakmonster bga ramsinks

dtek 120-pro with shroud

swiftech 5.25 reservoir

swiftech radbox. any tips on mounting the radbox? specifically, do i have to remove the internal 120mm fan if i mount the radbox externally on the other side?

7/16" tubing, 120mm sanyo denki fan, miscellaneous fittings

hopefully this setup will last me a year until the fx57 comes out by which time sli boards have their kinks worked out and i might upgrade to phase

Occidere
11-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Do you have links to those items? I don't have one of those beautifull lian cases to work with so I'll do the next best thing, make suggestions for yours :D

You hope that system will last you a year? Damn you people :soap: I'm hopeing my athlon system with no mem controller will last me a year

jikdoc
11-22-2004, 10:35 PM
swiftech = swiftnet.com
dtek = dtekcustom.com
aquaxtreme = found the pump at dtek
sanyo fans = do search for sanyo fans on ebay

i'm hoping to win the lottery during the year i hope this system lasts :)