PDA

View Full Version : Swiftech MCW50...Any Input?

N8
11-07-2002, 10:16 AM
Seriously considering getting this waterblock for my GPU and was curious if anyone had used it or seen reviews of it around. I want to put it in-line after my CPU block because it doesn't look too restrictive, and my return water seems to be very close to my feed water temp-wise.

Any comments/suggestions?

Here's a link to it @ swiftnets:

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcw50.asp

Hardass
11-07-2002, 10:53 AM
Just sit tight a review is coming soon!:)

N8
11-07-2002, 11:03 AM
I'm impatient...but I'm tryin :D

Dissolved
11-08-2002, 11:43 AM
i was just gonna post about this..
i have a swiftec 462 block awaitng me, and this would be a nice addon.

Altho, i dunno if water cooling just the gpu is worth it?

and what about the memory? does it need to be water cooled as well?

Thanks!

N8
11-08-2002, 11:56 AM
I just want to watercool the GPU to further quiet down my rig as my GPU cooler is currently the loudest thing since watercooling the CPU. My memory doesn't even get warm to the touch unless I apply the vmod to it, so I just got ramsinks for that...don't even know if I'll put em on.....the memory runs mighty cool :)

Dissolved
11-08-2002, 12:13 PM
well ill just buy the basic unit
its 38 dollars (that i dont have)
So then at least i wont void the warrenty ;)

Btw, how are u gonna run your system? cpu or gpu first?
ill just have a small dtek HeaterCore pro ehiem 300gph, and the swifty blocks.

if i were to have the water hit the gpu first, then that wouldnt cool the cpu as well. but if i cool the cpu first, thn the water might get to hot to cool the gpu(warm enough to make it the block useless when compaired to a U1 sink with a fan.

the only reason why i wanna w/c the gpu is bec #1 it will match the vid card cuz its blue, and i have the swift cpu block, #2 w/c isnt as messy as air (i have a very dusty room)

Dissolved
11-08-2002, 12:28 PM
http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcw50.asp#

will this block work with 1/2" tubing? 1/2" ID tubing?

im a lil confused..

N8
11-08-2002, 01:21 PM
Yea....but I think you gotta order the 1/2" barbs w/ it for 1/2" ID tubing....least that's what I plan to do.

I'm going to run it in series after my CPU. I've checked my return water and even @ 2.2vcore & over 2GHz it still feels near room temp after benching.....so I'd imagine it'd cool that little GPU no problem. I've got some pretty hefty air-cooling on it right now....so I'll know if it works well....I'm more worried about it restricting my system flow and making my CPU hotter, lol.

Dissolved
11-08-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by [N8]
Yea....but I think you gotta order the 1/2" barbs w/ it for 1/2" ID tubing....least that's what I plan to do.

I'm going to run it in series after my CPU. I've checked my return water and even @ 2.2vcore & over 2GHz it still feels near room temp after benching.....so I'd imagine it'd cool that little GPU no problem. I've got some pretty hefty air-cooling on it right now....so I'll know if it works well....I'm more worried about it restricting my system flow and making my CPU hotter, lol.

Aight sounds good. Thanks