PDA

View Full Version : DFI LP UT + OCZ PowerStream + AIW9800 Pro

thephenom
11-14-2004, 09:47 PM
I just got my OCZ PowerStream to replace my antec.

It was a pain to install because the OCZ PSU is extra long comparing to antec, so it bumps into my 120mm blowhole fan. After taking out the fan, putting it on the outside of the case. Spend like 30 minutes on tidying up the cables hoping I can take advantage of the adjustable pots.

CLICK!

Fans spins up, powers down. Tried EVERYTHING on it, reseated EVERYTHING, still no go. After spending hours troubleshooting it, tested it part by part, everything works fine. Ughhhh.....so I tried the antec again, works fine, OCZ, no-go..... :grr: I also tried a TNT2 in place on my 98 Pro, and it booted just fine.

So I spent another hr or so taking out OCZ and putting antec back in place, now I'm back up and running.

Is this a KNOWN problem? 3200+ CG Clawhammer + DFI LP UT + AIW 9800 Pro + OCZ PowerStream.

I gave the PSU to my friend who's waiting for his, when his comes, I'm going to try it out again. So meanwhile I was hoping for some feedback for anyone who has similar problems.

Cliffs:
- Got OCZ PowerStream to replace antec
- OCZ psu will not power up system
- Take out the AIW98, it works fine
- Antec works fine with AIW98
- Spent whole sunday nite replacing psu and now back to step 1

reject
11-15-2004, 12:52 AM
maybe the pots are turned waaay down. try adjusting them with the sys unconnected (green to black on atx)

saaya
11-15-2004, 04:30 AM
post in the ocz support section :)

make sure the pots are adjusted correctly, maybe too high rails cause the problem?
a friend of mine had the same problem with his nf7 9800se@xt and an enermax 353W psu, turns out it was the mainboard :confused: dont ask me how and why, but i replaced the board and the system booted and ran fine...

split
11-15-2004, 04:46 AM
We had similar in this (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45279&highlight=OCZ%2A) thread.
Shame the thread didn't end with a solution :(

thephenom
11-15-2004, 08:43 AM
I did adjust the pots, 12v at 12.1v, 3.3 at 3.33, 5 at 5.1

But still no luck. I already sent bigtoe a note, he should get back to me soon.

b0bd0le
11-15-2004, 11:39 AM
I just got my OCZ PowerStream to replace my antec.

It was a pain to install because the OCZ PSU is extra long comparing to antec, so it bumps into my 120mm blowhole fan. After taking out the fan, putting it on the outside of the case. Spend like 30 minutes on tidying up the cables hoping I can take advantage of the adjustable pots.

CLICK!

Fans spins up, powers down. Tried EVERYTHING on it, reseated EVERYTHING, still no go. After spending hours troubleshooting it, tested it part by part, everything works fine. Ughhhh.....so I tried the antec again, works fine, OCZ, no-go..... :grr: I also tried a TNT2 in place on my 98 Pro, and it booted just fine.

So I spent another hr or so taking out OCZ and putting antec back in place, now I'm back up and running.

Is this a KNOWN problem? 3200+ CG Clawhammer + DFI LP UT + AIW 9800 Pro + OCZ PowerStream.

I gave the PSU to my friend who's waiting for his, when his comes, I'm going to try it out again. So meanwhile I was hoping for some feedback for anyone who has similar problems.

Cliffs:
- Got OCZ PowerStream to replace antec
- OCZ psu will not power up system
- Take out the AIW98, it works fine
- Antec works fine with AIW98
- Spent whole sunday nite replacing psu and now back to step 1

i had similar problem to yours...

a 9800XT nor would a fx5600 boot up in my dfi nf3 board. But it worked fine with a gf2mx and a gf3. I swapped everything out and it did not make any difference.

I had to rma mine :(

Tony
11-15-2004, 12:45 PM
I have run a 470W Powerstream with a 9800AIW SE soft modded to a 9800 pro and a 250UT no issue...i run 9800Pro's all the time here and the 520W im using is also running fine.

I have noted that on some of my newer boards the board needs 2 or 3 pushes of the power on button to get things started which I felt weird but on other boards it was fine and even the problem boards once booted the PSU has no issues etc.

Let me know if the new unit is ok, if it is i will RMA the problem one and we will test your config back at the LAB to see if we can reproduce the issue.

thephenom
11-15-2004, 02:49 PM
I have run a 470W Powerstream with a 9800AIW SE soft modded to a 9800 pro and a 250UT no issue...i run 9800Pro's all the time here and the 520W im using is also running fine.

I have noted that on some of my newer boards the board needs 2 or 3 pushes of the power on button to get things started which I felt weird but on other boards it was fine and even the problem boards once booted the PSU has no issues etc.

Let me know if the new unit is ok, if it is i will RMA the problem one and we will test your config back at the LAB to see if we can reproduce the issue.
Thanks!

I gave my current one to my friend for his rig, he's going to test it in his first, and see how that goes. If it works fine in his, I'll take the one he ordered, if not, then I'll RMA it.