PDA

View Full Version : Heres the starting line...

VeryProudOfYa
11-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Damn, after months of research... Im going to start this Water-Chiller Project... ( Semi-Water Chiller )... Anyways... Basically all Im doing is popping two heatercores, a big reservoir, and a pump inside a fridge... The only thing that I might do though is bend the freezer box down into the reservoir... Give some extra cooling potential... In theory it should cool the water down below the teens in Celsius... Im thinking somewhere around 5C if not lower.. Seeing how this Chip dont give off that much heat to begin with... If all goes well I should have a nice water-cooling setup inside the system... Im gonna take some pics along the way and put it up onto my website... I will post once done... Peace... Any comments are appreciated... Peace :toast:

Juicy629
11-07-2004, 08:08 PM
err... Ill just say good luck

Crankster
11-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Remeber that most fridges aren't able to take the load. They are able to sustain low temps if you add only very little heat. Check the power-rating and run it by one of the refridgiration gurus here.

MaRtIe
11-09-2004, 02:33 PM
i dont think putting the cores "in" the fridge will do much.. you might aswell strip the frezer of its compresser and use it to chill the water tank..

VeryProudOfYa
11-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Yea.. me and a friend have been debating the subject for a long ass time... I was about to buy a Chiller from aquastealth.com... But I need to know whats the cost to build one from the fridge I got... Can someone show me a guide to building a chiller... lol... Not to sound newbish but to admit the truth I am a newbie to water-chillers... :toast: ( Thanks you guys have helped a lot.. )

Holst
11-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Fridge generally wont work all that well, as they cant sustain low temps when you have a biggish watage on them.

A freezer on the other hand may be a better bet.

But you wont do any real harm by putting the watercooling resevoire in the fridge and seeing if it works.
Just dont be too supprised if the fridge dies.

VeryProudOfYa
11-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Yea.. Well I got about 20 more of em hangin around here... So It wont matter... Iv decided to turn it into a chiller... Im gonna post a project Topic once Im done... Pecae :toast:

Once again... thanks a bunch for all the suiggestions

Juicy629
11-09-2004, 09:22 PM
err from my experience a fridge and a freezer run off the same stuff..if you tweak your fridge it will go all icy...

lalPOOO
11-10-2004, 08:00 PM
err from my experience a fridge and a freezer run off the same stuff..if you tweak your fridge it will go all icy...

It might also die if you turn it up all the way and leave it for a while... :( (The fan/fan motor in my fridge did that and it cost something like $80 just to buy the replacement part)