PDA

View Full Version : HELP......wont boot

Kobalt
11-05-2004, 09:26 PM
wow...

so i have my raptors as the drives ive been using. i have a seperate drive (60gb), but it was originially in two partitions. so i use partition manager to delete everything on the drive so its all for storage and now it wont boot off my raptors. doesnt even recognize the drives even though the 3112 sata bios and windows setup does. if i select serial ata ..or hdd-0 or even scsi in bios it keeps bypassing those and wants to boot from cdrom. i tried rewriting the master boot record and using the fixboot command but it didnt work. then i tried added a winxp installation to the boot menu (bootcfg) cause it said there were no windows installatoins being boot from. i entered the label or whatever it said as windows xp professional and then it asked for load options? what am i supposed to put there? if i leave it blank it says failed or something, but if i check to see if it was added it was, but when i try to make it default boot os it says invalid or something. grrrrrr help please!

also...theres no option to "repair" the installation. it wants me to format the raptors even though its already formatted with all my games and music and such that i need!

edit: it now says ntldr is missing so im going to try to copy that from the disc to the hard drive brb

edit: in dos right now and there is no boot.ini file on the raptors. there needs to be one right? should i make one on a floppy and copy it to the raptor drive?

Kobalt
11-05-2004, 09:55 PM
fixed...WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEee

had to rebuilt boot.ini and ntldr and netdetect. did it all at the same time so dont know if i needed boot.ini or ntldr. but whatever

i win biatches! lol

Detract
11-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Good stuff.

Nothing more I hate than loosing all your files, it's happened to me twice.

Kobalt
11-05-2004, 10:31 PM
well...it takes longer to boot...ill have to mess with it later. also it hangs when trying to copy large files to the storage drive. ill fix it later. im sure ill just have to reformat it.

ibby
11-16-2004, 01:40 PM
nice to hear u got it running.