PDA

View Full Version : Fable, Comments.

WesM63
11-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Since my gaming rig has been down as of late and recently sold, I had to resort to something else to play. GTA:SA just wasn't my cup of tea. I picked up fable off ebay, brand new and sealed for $44.

First Impressions: Reminds me alot of Zelda:Orciana of Time for N64. I love the emotions thing, the first time i discovered it I farted infront of a bunch of lady NPC's whoops ;) The story line is decent so far, just another family got killed get your revenge type of thing.

Other than that, I need to play it more :)

So if you like RPG's pick a copy up, its worth the money.

LANjack
11-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Ah I was interested in playing this game.. maybe I'll rent it this weekend.

This is the game where "Every action has a consequence" and you start to look evil or good depending on what you do, right?

Karnivore
11-11-2004, 09:11 AM
My son anticipated that game feverishly for around a year. He enjoys playing it, however they really cut the content down. Game would have been simply amazing in its original concept form, there are a few save files that even let you play with/in some unfinished portions of the game.

WesM63
11-11-2004, 11:15 AM
LANjack,
For the most part yes. Do something wrong, your alignment changes. The worse you get your appearance changes (devil horns/red eyes). Do tons of good things and you soon become an Angel (well for the most part, you get a halo above your head).

I was saddened about how short the game was. The story line is quite robust, but they made it really short. I beat it in 10hrs gametime spanned across 3days.

You can even play the game after you beat it, but there just isn't anything left to do. Besides massacring whole towns;)

Crankster
11-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Not fond at all... So disappointed, why did they do the game like that, they had such a good game going, and they changed it to basic hack 'em up? (admittedly good hack 'em up, but still?)
Peter Molineux has deeply disappointed me.

Kunaak
11-14-2004, 10:41 PM
I was looking forward to it about 2 years ago, when it was called "Project Ego", cause it sounded so damn cool back then.
but every few months I would read a new interview, and it always got alittle worse, that always kept answering questions with things like "no we have to cut that part of the game out, the Xbox just can't support a idea that big".
seemed like every few months, they were gutting out another part of the game I was looking forward to...
by the time they changed the name from Project Ego, to "Fable" I gave up.
fable to me, just sounds like a fruity game to begin with.
but with how much I watched them cut out of the game over the years... I just lost interest.

maybe if I find it for sale at like $20 in a few months, and got nothing to do one weekend, maybe I'd buy it, but till then... theres halo 2 ;)

PyroTeknik
11-15-2004, 08:22 AM
its ok way to short and way to easy... once you get some decent armor and the pound the ground thing its just ridiculous....