PDA

View Full Version : Laing Centrifugal Pump

Occidere
11-04-2004, 03:27 PM
I fried my iwaki, who would have figured electric motors don't like getting wet >< The guy I got the iwaki from has this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46547&item=3850733830&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) for sale. I like the specs for flow/head but I'm not sure about the rest. I'm worried about heat dumped into the system, A few searches on google say that it's a pump used for hot water circulation and used in jacuzzi's. So I'm not sure how much heat is transfered to the water. The swiftech is a smaller laing designed motor so maybe someone has info on heat transfer from a swiftech

Cathar
11-04-2004, 05:01 PM
The pump is listed as drawing up to 65W of power at the laing site.

Avoid any pump that is rated to draw more than 50W of power. I cannot stress this strongly enough. Such pumps add too much heat into the water-cooling loop, and you are generally better off with a smaller pump.

For the pump you have pictured, you would need to be using at least a quad-fan radiator to even begin to justify its use in comparison to a lower powered pump (such as an Iwaki MD-20RZ).

The pump you linked to, while indeed a very nice quality pump from a quality manufacturer, is not terribly suited for PC water-cooling use.