PDA

View Full Version : Fridge and Liquid...

VeryProudOfYa
11-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Me and my friend are planning on doing this project and a lot of people have said it wouldnt work... I dont see a way it couldnt work... but here goes...
Getting about 20 feet of copper tubing, creating a sort of heatercore/radiator stick that inside the fridge... Run a large reservoir inside the fridge also... And run the pump inside of it... Have regular PVC tubing running inside the fridge... And then use automotive grade tubing or other tubing that wont condense... Well I guess this would be a good time to ask... Can someone please reply with a way to keep the tubing from condensing... Because I know that I will get below ambient... And Im going to seal up around the socket... and the insulate the tubing... So have everything running inside the fridge... Crank the temps up... If you dont get what I am talking about please refer to this website http://www.overclockers.com/tips798/index04.asp...

It should sum everything up... :D

Basically all I really need to know is how to insulate the tubing so I wont get any condensation dripping off of em... :toast:

saratoga
11-01-2004, 04:56 PM
What size compressor on the fridge? Small compressors make for very long pull down times :)

Also, many smaller (and some larger) fridges have fairly weak condensors. You may want to add a fan to the condensor if it gets really hot.

lalPOOO
11-02-2004, 07:58 AM
If you used automotive grade tubing I don't think you'd have to deal with any condensation really.. For several reasons.
1) In the article the guy doesn't talk about using any addatives in his water, meaning that he was probably getting nowhere near 0c.
2) He was only cooling an athlon 1.3ghz@1.7ghz, if you're cooling what you've got in your sig, including videocard, I don't think you'd encounter condensation unless your fridge was really powerful.
3) In the article the tubing he was using to and from the fridge was not insulated at all.