PDA

View Full Version : GA-K8NS ULTRA 939 Any thoughts?

trans am
11-01-2004, 11:14 AM
I am looking at building a new system for a friend. I am going to get a 939 90nm 3000+ and i'm looking at motherboards. I saw this board at newegg for $116. I can't seem to find a review anywhere. Is this brand new or something? It sure is cheap. I was going to wait for nforce4, but this guy is using agp 8x. What do you guys recommend? Is this up there with the msi and the Epox? I am new to 939 and don't know which motherboards are best, but most point to the MSi neo2. your thoughts will be appreciated/

HKPolice
11-01-2004, 11:34 AM
looks promising.... if gigabyte is smart they would of fixed the issues with the K8NSXP-939.....

trans am
11-01-2004, 11:42 AM
looks promising.... if gigabyte is smart they would of fixed the issues with the K8NSXP-939.....

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-K8NS%20Ultra-939.htm

bios dates look fairly new. I wonder if I should give it a shot. the cpu and mobo come out to under $300

HKPolice
11-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Ya sounds good :)

s e t h
11-01-2004, 12:13 PM
test it please :D
someone has to be first.

charlie
11-01-2004, 12:32 PM
this COULD be a great board :D

misteroadster
11-01-2004, 12:52 PM
this board is the same than K8NSNXP-939 without the mosfets HSF.

trans am
11-01-2004, 01:50 PM
this board is the same than K8NSNXP-939 without the mosfets HSF.

You are absolutely right.

Ok, I called Gigabyte US, and talked to a rep. They couldn't tell me if 90nm will work out of the box. (this was annoying) But considering that the bios for the XP that includes the D stepping(90nm) update is from September and the shipping bios on this new board is from October, I'm going to assume it will support 90nm out of the box. :)

Also they said the main difference is the lack of the mosfet fan. and it lacks dual power system "DPS" technology. The bios allows only 1.7vcore max, and .1 or .2v over the stock vdimm. WTF? HTT goes from 200-300mhz. I guess I am so used to the DFI UT LP, that anything less seems lackluster. Not impressed iMO, but at only $116 at newegg, It doesn't seem like a bad deal. comes with 1394b and 4 sata/raid. 2 from the nf3-250, and 2 from the silicon image controller. 3 fan headers and active cooler on the chipset.

This looks like a great board for 939ers on a budget.:)

btw, what are the negative issues on the XP version?

Perc
11-01-2004, 06:39 PM
hmmmmm? yeah no shizit i think i may go first!! only thing though? whats the voltage options on this mb? i have a FX-53 comming this week and im in need of a mb for it. i wanted to wait on the DFI but only god knows when that will get released? I was going to buy the MSI K8N Neo2 but no one has it in stock and for 140 bucks plus shipping im not even going to bother... i think i may order this mb this week ill let you guys know how it runs...

this mb is the same as its bigger brother then what were the problems that needed to be fixed? any reviews on the other mb that would give me a basic idea of what this thing has to offer...

peace perc,

mad mikee
11-01-2004, 07:00 PM
NEO2 @ gameve,140$ and free ship (call & make sure) (http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=MB-MSI-068)

Perc
11-01-2004, 07:11 PM
NEO2 @ gameve,140$ and free ship (call & make sure) (http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=MB-MSI-068)

yeah i seen that. what you dont think this gigabyte would be a good mb? im not realy a big fan of MSI and what ever mb i do get for this FX-53 is just a temp solution til the DFI board comes out anyways... i mean for 116 bucks this gigabyte cant be that bad can it? i wish i knew more about 939 mbs and all. i think i need to go read a few reviews and trudge thru some threads and see what i can learn about the 939 platform cause i need a mb now! i cant wait too much longer and i do plan on ocing with this system so i need something with all the voltage options one would need... anyways i still got the MSI on my list but this gigabyte is looking pretty damm good right now :)

peace perc,

trans am
11-01-2004, 07:12 PM
hmmmmm? yeah no shizit i think i may go first!! only thing though? whats the voltage options on this mb? i have a FX-53 comming this week and im in need of a mb for it. i wanted to wait on the DFI but only god knows when that will get released? I was going to buy the MSI K8N Neo2 but no one has it in stock and for 140 bucks plus shipping im not even going to bother... i think i may order this mb this week ill let you guys know how it runs...

this mb is the same as its bigger brother then what were the problems that needed to be fixed? any reviews on the other mb that would give me a basic idea of what this thing has to offer...

peace perc,

I would just use google and look for reviews on the xp version for now. Also read the 939 shootout at anandtech. I think the XP is in that review. Go to the Gigabyte site and download the manual. It shows voltage options in there. there is chipset voltage options. vcore goes to 1.7v fsb goes form 200-300. since the ocz ddr booster worked with XP, I'm guessing it will work fine oon this board so you can increase your vdmm higher than the stock values.

Here are the oc options according to the manual: (I can't find the ram options on this thing! WTF? is it in a hidden menu somewhere?

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.)
CPU OverClock in MHz
200MHz ~ 300MHz Increase CPU frequency as user selected.
AGP OverClock in MHz
66MHz ~ 100MHz Increase AGP frequency as user selected.
CPU Voltage Control
Supports adjustable CPU Vcore from 0.800V to 1.700V by 0.025V step.
(Default value: Normal)
Normal CPU Vcore
Display your CPU Vcore voltage.
AGP Voltage Control
Normal Set AGP voltage as AGP required. (Default value)
+0.1v Increase AGP voltage +0.1V.
+0.2v Increase AGP voltage +0.2V.
+0.3v Increase AGP voltage +0.3V.
HT-Link Voltage Control
Normal Supply HT-Link voltage as HT-Link required. (Default value)
+0.1v Increase HT-Link voltage +0.1V.
+0.2v Increase HT-Link voltage +0.2V.
+0.3v Increase HT-Link voltage +0.3V.
DDR voltage control
Normal Supply DDR voltage as DDR required. (Default value)
+0.1v Increase DDR voltage +0.1V.
+0.2v Increase DDR voltage +0.2V.

HKPolice
11-01-2004, 08:19 PM
VCore is easy to mod, just like any other A64 board, pin10 to ground with 50K VR.
Ram is easy to mod too with 3.3v = vdimm, 1 wire mod.

trans am
11-01-2004, 09:04 PM
VCore is easy to mod, just like any other A64 board, pin10 to ground with 50K VR.
Ram is easy to mod too with 3.3v = vdimm, 1 wire mod.

But where are the ram timings on this board?

s e t h
11-01-2004, 10:25 PM
ctrl&F1 in the main bios screen should bring mem timings up probably

Kunaak
11-02-2004, 01:01 AM
I opend up the F2 bios, and tried to see if there was anything to unlock or mod for the 939 K8NS Pro bios.
theres nothing to unlock, but the HT Speed should be available all the way to 455, not 300. the Bios shows it's there available to use.

Perc
11-02-2004, 03:19 AM
so is this a good choice for a mb or not? im seriously considering this mb. i realy dont want to buy a MSI i always have :banana::banana::banana::banana: luck with them and i dont expect my luck to change this time around... these one wire mods you speak of is there any pictures i can look at? im not great at sodering but i am sure i can pull off simple mods...

thx perc,

s e t h
11-02-2004, 03:26 AM
akiba-pc > forums > modding >k8n thread
it's a brilliant mod especially if your psu has an adjustable 3.3v rail
i did it with a crockodile clip and a wire straight to the unused 3.3v rail on my forton psu - for a non permanent solution

Nitrox
11-02-2004, 03:31 AM
I'd still get the MSI, this one actually seems to be good somehow :p:

Lithan
11-02-2004, 06:36 AM
I bought this board about an hour ago. Should be here by the weekend, monday at the latest. I'll be using it with a 3000+. I'll let you know how it does. (Bought it because newegg just moved k8n neo2 stock back almost two weeks, this board's cheaper and fits xp-120 without any bending.)

trans am
11-02-2004, 09:35 AM
I bought this board about an hour ago. Should be here by the weekend, monday at the latest. I'll be using it with a 3000+. I'll let you know how it does. (Bought it because newegg just moved k8n neo2 stock back almost two weeks, this board's cheaper and fits xp-120 without any bending.)

Sold to the Cheapest man on Xtremeforums lol. Let us know how it goes Lithan. Thanks for being the official tester on this one. :)

Lithan
11-02-2004, 09:41 AM
Cheapest? Hey. I'm not bragging about my ti4200's 3dmarks at least. ;)

Perc
11-02-2004, 12:42 PM
LOL im buying one too... i dont care for MSI and this mb only has to last me long ehough til DFI figures out when they are going to release thier 939 counter part. now this mb shouldnt have any issues with the OCZ booster seings how it works well with its older brother right? Lithan keep me posted on how yours does im ordering this friday-sat for my FX-53 chip....

peace perc,

snowwie
11-02-2004, 05:46 PM
You are absolutely right.

Ok, I called Gigabyte US, and talked to a rep. They couldn't tell me if 90nm will work out of the box. (this was annoying) But considering that the bios for the XP that includes the D stepping(90nm) update is from September and the shipping bios on this new board is from October, I'm going to assume it will support 90nm out of the box. :)

Also they said the main difference is the lack of the mosfet fan. and it lacks dual power system "DPS" technology. The bios allows only 1.7vcore max, and .1 or .2v over the stock vdimm. WTF? HTT goes from 200-300mhz. I guess I am so used to the DFI UT LP, that anything less seems lackluster. Not impressed iMO, but at only $116 at newegg, It doesn't seem like a bad deal. comes with 1394b and 4 sata/raid. 2 from the nf3-250, and 2 from the silicon image controller. 3 fan headers and active cooler on the chipset.

This looks like a great board for 939ers on a budget.:)

btw, what are the negative issues on the XP version?

well, looking at pictures, it seems the same board, just that it has no hsf for the cpu power supply, and it also seems as though some of the capacitors and components are different makes, maybe cheaper. still has the friggin outrageous 6 phase power though....

...makes you wonder....which makes a better cpu power supply?....6 cheap phases, or 3 very high quality ones....?

Barr3l Rid3r
11-02-2004, 06:33 PM
well, looking at pictures, it seems the same board, just that it has no hsf for the cpu power supply, and it also seems as though some of the capacitors and components are different makes, maybe cheaper. still has the friggin outrageous 6 phase power though....

...makes you wonder....which makes a better cpu power supply?....6 cheap phases, or 3 very high quality ones....?

Gigabyte usually has better quality components then MSI boards...

jinu117
11-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Interesting, got the mobo today. With MSI K8N Neo2 as well. Will get CPU (90nm winchester) in mail tomorrow and I can start finding out what interesting things it might hold. It does sound like v-mod is relatively simple though. (Same as bigger gigabyte?) Also have DDR booster handy and few other spare PSU ATM to find out what is really going on with cold booting with phase cooling unit issue too. Will start with stock air cooling first :)

Lithan
11-03-2004, 07:49 AM
Mine arrives the 5th, same day as my 3000+ winchester. Hopefully results on the 6th.

trans am
11-03-2004, 11:17 AM
OK, just ordered mine from mwave. I got the 3200+ retail box and the kingston TCCD ultral low latency rebate deal. everything was $600 shipped, I got 2nd day air so it will be here this weekend

BA20672 1 ($45.00 Mail-In Manufacturer Rebate Available from 10/11/04 to 11/8/04) (*Limit 2pcs/customer)
KINGSTON KHX3200ULK2/1G ULTRA LOW LATENCY 2X512MB (MATCH PAIR) PC3200 400MHZ CL2 DDR DIMM W/HEAT SPREADER $267.00

BA20769 -BA20678 - - 1 (*Free T-shirt w/Purchase While Supplies Last!)
AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ RETAIL BOXED 64-BIT SOCKET 939 W/COOLING FAN (3 YEARS WARRANTY) (**FREE AMD T-SHIRT**; NO EXTRA COOLING FAN; NO THERMAL COMPOUND) $209.00

BA20728 - - 1 GIGABYTE GA-K8NS ULTRA939 nVIDIA nFORCE3 250 CHIPSET SERIAL ATA150 ATX FORM FACTOR 1xAGP(8X)/5xPCI/4xDDR W/SATA RAID,DUAL LAN(Gb),1394B,USB 2.0 & AUDIO (CPU TYPE:AMD ATHLON 64 - SOCKET 939) (NO CPU; NO MEMORY) $114.50

Sub-Total $590.50
Shipping & Handling or Will Call Fee $20.37
Order Total $610.87

Perc
11-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Interesting, got the mobo today. With MSI K8N Neo2 as well. Will get CPU (90nm winchester) in mail tomorrow and I can start finding out what interesting things it might hold. It does sound like v-mod is relatively simple though. (Same as bigger gigabyte?) Also have DDR booster handy and few other spare PSU ATM to find out what is really going on with cold booting with phase cooling unit issue too. Will start with stock air cooling first :)

where di you mange to buy a msi board at? was it the 939 one ive been looking and everyone is out of stock?? also let me know how that gigabyte runs the jurys still out on what i will choose for this FX chip...

thx perc,

jinu117
11-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Seems nice enough. Did quick run with 3700EB and got up to 260FSB no problemo (So did MSI K8N Neo2). However, thing won't run in phasechange just like MSI K8N neo2. I just didn't have time to test everything I could (more like got fed up with winchester + phasecooling combo). Backing down to 754 till I decide to jump for the big gun (FX). Time to browse FS section more throughly.
For time being, it seems to me certain winchesters will work fine in phase cooling while some just won't. Makes me wonder if AMD decided to kill phasecooler off or just some unseen bug between bios and CPU. (CMOS reset will get you up but unless you do CMOS reset, you just can't boot... which makes any oc'ing impossible).

trans am
11-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Seems nice enough. Did quick run with 3700EB and got up to 260FSB no problemo (So did MSI K8N Neo2). However, thing won't run in phasechange just like MSI K8N neo2. I just didn't have time to test everything I could (more like got fed up with winchester + phasecooling combo). Backing down to 754 till I decide to jump for the big gun (FX). Time to browse FS section more throughly.
For time being, it seems to me certain winchesters will work fine in phase cooling while some just won't. Makes me wonder if AMD decided to kill phasecooler off or just some unseen bug between bios and CPU. (CMOS reset will get you up but unless you do CMOS reset, you just can't boot... which makes any oc'ing impossible).

I heard OPP and others get past issues with the chill control not working with the neo2. Look around here for the thread, I'll post a link if I can still find it.
here it is:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44836

(Edit) nevermind, I see you already saw it and the problem still persists. That sucks!

jinu117
11-03-2004, 08:25 PM
I heard OPP and others get past issues with the chill control not working with the neo2. Look around here for the thread, I'll post a link if I can still find it.
here it is:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44836

Chill control... nah... prommy works fine. I had it on separate PSU for test purposes as well.

trans am
11-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Chill control... nah... prommy works fine. I had it on separate PSU for test purposes as well.

Well, what about the Gigabyte board? How were the settings in the bios? ram settings are there right? Mine will be here Friday, so Lithan and me will be busy this weekend. Any pointers to start things off? or is it pretty basic functions?
and let us know how that new cpu does.

jinu117
11-03-2004, 08:41 PM
I just didn't bother on air... :P
Maybe I should while writing some stuff off. Air testing was priliminary to just confirm my 3700EB works fine which it did. Actual usuage might vary but it seems to be as good as MSI is (short of voltage options). Oh... almost forgot, won't boot with 2x512 of 3700EB for some reason. Which MSI handled fine... For someone with TCCD it might be different story as it took 2 TCCC fine.

trans am
11-03-2004, 08:53 PM
I just didn't bother on air... :P
Maybe I should while writing some stuff off. Air testing was priliminary to just confirm my 3700EB works fine which it did. Actual usuage might vary but it seems to be as good as MSI is (short of voltage options). Oh... almost forgot, won't boot with 2x512 of 3700EB for some reason. Which MSI handled fine... For someone with TCCD it might be different story as it took 2 TCCC fine.

only 1 eb would work? that's odd. is the fsb only up to 300? or is it higher? I am running raid 0 in my DFI currently. Do you think I would be able to transfer my stripe directly from a nf3-250gb to a nf3-250 ultra? They both have the same integrated nvidia raid controller. Gigabyte was smart and decided to disable sata ports 1 and 2 which are known problems on the nf3250 chipset. They added a SIL3512 controller for the disabled ones so it compensates for the nonworking 1 and2 ports. Very smart!

Lithan
11-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Board and cpu arrived a day early. Just messed with it for about an hour so far.
Works out of box with shipping bios just fine.
CPU is a 0436.
Cpu is not anywhere near as good as others seem to be getting. Doesn't even do 2300mhz @ 1.4v. Won't even do 2550 @ 1.7v. I primed @ 2500 for about two minutes @ 1.7v. Probably stable 2400-2475 @ 1.7v. In other words it would take subambient temps to even have a hope of getting 2800mhz out of this thing. My old 3200+ newcastle clocked a solid 150mhz better than this thing at the same volts.

trans am
11-04-2004, 12:18 PM
Board and cpu arrived a day early. Just messed with it for about an hour so far.
Works out of box with shipping bios just fine.
CPU is a 0436.
Cpu is not anywhere near as good as others seem to be getting. Doesn't even do 2300mhz @ 1.4v. Won't even do 2550 @ 1.7v. I primed @ 2500 for about two minutes @ 1.7v. Probably stable 2400-2475 @ 1.7v. In other words it would take subambient temps to even have a hope of getting 2800mhz out of this thing. My old 3200+ newcastle clocked a solid 150mhz better than this thing at the same volts.

Lithan where did you get that chip? it's a 3000+? retail or oem? did you set the htt link to 3x?

Lithan
11-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Mwave, yes, retail, yes.

|-jokker-|
11-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Does anyone has this board and incompatibility problems with bh5 memorys ?
I´m having a lot of problems , even with the vio mod , i cant get over 210 over dual channel , single i can reach over 260 :S
Does anyone have this problem or is just my nut board :S

cumps

misteroadster
11-04-2004, 01:18 PM
jokker , set your timings to 2225222, set your FSB to 230 in bios and boot xp.

|-jokker-|
11-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Thanks i´m going to doo that , but now i dont have the vio mod :S i took it off because i thougt it was the mod that was causing the instability :S

trans am
11-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Mwave, yes, retail, yes.

Ok, did you flash to the latest bios?
Seperate Memory clock from DRAM timing setup group http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-K8NS%20Ultra-939.htm

has anyone tried modding a gigabyte bios to increase the vdimm? is I've only done this on video cards. The vdimm looks a little weak. Is there a way to do this without soldering? Will an ocz ddr booster work? or does the bios have to allow up to 3xVdimm for it to work. I never tried this ddr booster. Just modded dfi bios and increasing 3.3v rail on ocz psu.

Perc
11-04-2004, 03:01 PM
guys when you get this mb please post your results im torn between this mb and the MSI for a couple bucks more... since i plan on buying the DFI when it is released i would realy like to pay the least amount possible for what ever i decide to get and buying the msi for 140 plus shipping seems like alot of cash for a temp mb. know what im saying? anyways i await the results. good luck guys :toast:

peace perc.,

Lithan
11-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Been priming at 2450 for a few hours now.

I didn't flash the bios. I've never noticed bios revisions having enough impact on overclock that a flash would make me happy with this chip. I'll update bios sometime this weekend and update if there is any change however.

The gigabyte 754 boards had really easy vdimm mods, but I haven't bothered vmodding this one yet.

misteroadster
11-04-2004, 05:28 PM
wich type of ram sticks do you use ?

Lithan
11-04-2004, 05:46 PM
2x512 bh5 at the moment. I've been keeping the at 210 or less because like I said, no vdimm mod.

misteroadster
11-04-2004, 11:31 PM
2x512 bh5 at the moment. I've been keeping the at 210 or less because like I said, no vdimm mod.
how do you test the stability ? 1:1 or 5:4, 5:3 ?

trans am
11-05-2004, 06:09 AM
Been priming at 2450 for a few hours now.

I didn't flash the bios. I've never noticed bios revisions having enough impact on overclock that a flash would make me happy with this chip. I'll update bios sometime this weekend and update if there is any change however.

The gigabyte 754 boards had really easy vdimm mods, but I haven't bothered vmodding this one yet.
vmodding as in soldering? or as in bios modding? could you just get an 0cz ddr booster?

misteroadster
11-05-2004, 06:37 AM
Here is a compare K8NS Ultra/K8NSNXP 939
http://pageperso.aol.fr/misteroadster/K8NSCompare.JPG
Eeproms missed on K8NS :D

Lithan
11-05-2004, 06:54 AM
I dont know if booster works in this board. And VMods as in soldering.

trans am
11-05-2004, 06:54 AM
Eeproms missed on K8NS :D[/QUOTE]

This can't be. Something ,must be wrong in that photo. how can the board be missing the eeproms? Lithan, what does your board look like?

misteroadster
11-05-2004, 08:02 AM
yes , they are pictures from gigabyte.com.tw , it's not a final board but i think it's the same with Eeprom :)

Lithan
11-05-2004, 08:30 AM
Yes. My board has dual eeproms. Identical (in appearance) to the $200 version minus the cooling setup as far as I can tell.

trans am
11-05-2004, 08:32 AM
so, any ideas how to vmod this thing? i'm guessing its the same as the xp version

jinu117
11-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Here is the pics for you guy's comparison... Going back to RMA for board used whole 20 mins...

trans am
11-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Any luck with the Mach 2 and the msi?

jinu117
11-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Any luck with the Mach 2 and the msi?

Nope sir... not at all. I doubt I will have problem with something like Newcastle though. Might give that one a swing on the way to RMA if they won't take restocking fee on one of the RMA board. (Am pretty sure newcastle won't have any issue)

trans am
11-05-2004, 09:00 PM
I just installed this board. Does anyone know how to change the memory timings on it? Is it in a hidden menu?

`schr0et
11-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Ctrl F1

Zebo
11-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Sold to the Cheapest man on Xtremeforums lol. Let us know how it goes Lithan. Thanks for being the official tester on this one. :)
You hav'nt meet me yet huh lithan.:P

So whats the max FSB/HTT you guys get with this board.... Set CPU multi to around 6 and mem to 100 and slam the bus.. TIA :)

Lithan, I see everwhere the $200 version has serious issues reaching high FSB which is why I ask. Maybe this one does to and it's not your chip crapping out but the chipset or board/???!@ what you think? Either way try maxing bus independant of CPU and mem.

Edit I want a 939 board so bad but MSI is not my thing (way too many MSI bad exp) and Via, well performance is'nt there and 4in1's is so 90's.:P he This is my next board if someone can confirm ~285+ FSB/HTT...Thanks again.

Edit 2: meh I just ordered it and a retail 3000 for $259 total from mwave.com with freefarcry and a free bunch of other stuff will find out meself..:D

My thread is here at AT
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=40&threadid=1435325&highlight_key=y

trans am
11-06-2004, 01:58 AM
The nvidia sata ports are so close to the agp card, the bolts on my gpu block obstruct them. I had to use the sil raid. ended up having to reinstall windows. I had the stripe transfered 2 the nvidia dfi to this board and it worked for a little bit, then I got a corrupt array. I think because the sata cable was angled pushing against the bolts. That wasn't a good idea. sil raid seems just as fast. I'm happy. I was pressing ctrl f1 in the bios, but no secret mem screen. I have the latest bios on dual bios. this cpu wants to fly but I need a divider. and my timings suck atm.

Squid_Spit
11-06-2004, 02:14 AM
press ctrl f1 and it should be in advanced chipset settings or whatever it is.

trans am
11-06-2004, 04:55 AM
press ctrl f1 and it should be in advanced chipset settings or whatever it is.

Thanks, I got it finally, but this setup is a downgrade from my dfi/mobile rig. I can't do anything past 245 no matter what divider I'm using.
htt link is 3x
vcore 2.65-1.7.
I probably should've sprung for the 3500+ but I was dreaming.
i was basing this purchase on the guys that were doing 2.8+ on air with this cpu. but it happens.
and this ram has gotta go back. 1 stick does fine and the other one is holding it back to almost nothing. some great ram matching Kingston.(rolleyes)

bios option for vdimm is +.2? +.2 of what? does anyone know what the default ram votage is for this board? 2.6v?
Well my quest for good alternatives to BH5 continues. mushkin lev2 ver 2=crap
kingston TCCD ultra low latency=crap
what now?

I think I jumped on the 90nm wagon too fast. :(

Zebo
11-06-2004, 08:44 AM
whoz doing 2.8 with this CPU? and it's not your chip if you can't get past 245 FSB "no matter which multi used" ...........it's POS giga which can't do high FSB. I read this same crap over and over on the k8nsxp in lots of forums. I might cancel my order and get MSI (:::shutter:::) because 245 x 9 is only 2250 mhz:( is this single channel or dual where it fails?

Edit
Lithan sup with yours bro?

trans am
11-06-2004, 10:15 AM
whoz doing 2.8 with this CPU? and it's not your chip if you can't get past 245 FSB "no matter which multi used" ...........it's POS giga which can't do high FSB. I read this same crap over and over on the k8nsxp in lots of forums. I might cancel my order and get MSI (:::shutter:::) because 245 x 9 is only 2250 mhz:( is this single channel or dual where it fails?

Edit
Lithan sup with yours bro?

I tested the ram as soon as I got it in the dfi board(single channel) it was working pretty nicely. 270 2.5-3-3-6 1t. but the dual channel board doesn't like a thing past 245?

Perc
11-06-2004, 10:37 AM
i just couldnt take the chance on this gigabyte mb so i went ahead and spent the extra 20 somthing odd dollars and got the MSI instead. from what ive been reading the MSI boards are decent mb's once you get them set up with the right bios and all that fun stuff :) . i hope im not wrong on this one but only time will tell. anyways good luck guys hope all works out well for yous :toast: ....

peace perc,

Lithan
11-06-2004, 11:33 AM
I dropped my multi and went past 245HTT without any problems. I'm 99% sure 2450 is my chip limit without a vcore mod.

maneshu
11-06-2004, 12:41 PM
so you're saying that the board doesn't pass the 245htt??

Lithan
11-06-2004, 01:45 PM
No.

maneshu
11-06-2004, 02:35 PM
ok it will pass, but is it stable?

trans am
11-06-2004, 03:45 PM
ok it will pass, but is it stable?

guys i tried this. ran multi at x8
htt at 285
htt link 3x
133 divider
2.5-3-3-6 1t

with this configuration i would be running ram at 190mhz and cpu at 2280. However, even at these safe speeds, the system didn't even post! this is way below stable speeds, so why wouldn't it post? I have to say this board sucks!
Lithan try the same as I did and I bet you get similar results.

I'm putting the dfi back on tonight, fvck this!

maneshu
11-06-2004, 03:50 PM
i can't believe it i just bought one of these boards, and i'm waiting for a 3500 winchester, it gotta pass 245 stable...

Lithan
11-06-2004, 04:04 PM
I've ran over 290 cpu5x Ht3x 6-2-2-2 Memory 133 just fine Prime stable. I didn't post there though I used clockgen.

maneshu
11-06-2004, 04:11 PM
so whats the problem in trans am system? is it the board?
i know some people who has som problems with this board also, one can't pass 250htt stable with a 3000...

Lithan
11-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Trans, I wasn't sure that pci was locking with agp set to 66. So I set mine to 67. You might try that.

HTT 290
2.5-3-3-7 DCDDR Memory @133
CPU@x8
HT@x3
AGP@67

Memtesting now. Posted up at these settings just fine.

Zebo
11-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Trans, I wasn't sure that pci was locking with agp set to 66. So I set mine to 67. You might try that.

HTT 290
CPU@x8
HT@x3
AGP@67

clock gen is undisirable anyway. How bout straigt up max boot in DC? Maybe only TA's board hosed.

trans am
11-06-2004, 10:22 PM

HTT 290
CPU@x8
HT@x3
AGP@67

I noticed in clockgen yesterday that it wasnt locking at 66 so like you I set to 67 and that locked it. But these results were after the fact. I hear on the xp version of this board that if you raise htt in high increments like 200-260 it will cold boot. I am back on the dfi board now. I will just wait for the nf4 boards I guess. This was such a impulse buy. I usuall never buy a board unless I read I review, but this came out after the xp so I figured the problems would be worked out, but I guess that isn't the case. I have the latest bios installed. note if you go to the gbyte site, you will see 3 bios revisions. make sure you flash both(dual bios) to ensure final changes. I hope for the sake of those with this board and those that have them on the wa that Gbyte will fix these issues soon with a bios rev. soon. good luck :)

Lithan
11-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Memtested for 6.5 hrs just fine. Bumped it up to 310 now. I'll try 325 before bed.

trans am
11-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Memtested for 6.5 hrs just fine. Bumped it up to 310 now. I'll try 325 before bed.

WOW! Nice going lithan! somethings wrong with my board or maybe I was setting htt at too much of a gap? set your htt at 200 and hit F10. go back into bios and raise to 300htt or whatever and see if it will post without being forced back to the stock settings.

maneshu
11-07-2004, 02:05 AM
lithan and with the multi at 9x and the mems at 200 how much htt can you get?

Lithan
11-07-2004, 08:33 AM
Maneshu Cpu and memory will limit me there so it won't show anything whatsoever about the motherboard.

At mem 100, I cap at 300HTT. I was doing 310HTT @ mem 133 but I didn't try any higher (this board loses all bios settings everytime it can't post and with all the damn raid ports I must turn off it takes five minutes just to get back to my operational settings).

I made a jump from 200-280, didn't try 300 ever.

misteroadster
11-07-2004, 11:11 AM
http://pageperso.aol.fr/misteroadster/28s2841.JPG
I ve tested any K8NS-Ultra it's 100% the same than my K8NSNXP-939.
Works perfectly well with my BH5 with mini 230Mhz and +3,3v in.

trans am
11-07-2004, 11:19 AM
http://pageperso.aol.fr/misteroadster/28s2841.JPG
I ve tested any K8NS-Ultra it's 100% the same than my K8NSNXP-939.
Works perfectly well with my BH5 with mini 230Mhz and +3,3v in.

Wow! this looks much better!

maneshu
11-07-2004, 11:27 AM
hey trans am you need to test your board again...

trans am
11-07-2004, 11:39 AM
hey trans am you need to test your board again...

I tested it all weekend and I already disasembled it. Everything is going back. I think that board mustve been bad or cpu? My results were nothing like lithans or misteroadster's. Good too see that this board has potential. I take back all the bad things I said about it.

charlie
11-07-2004, 12:16 PM
....another REALLY nice 939 mobo.....

|-jokker-|
11-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Hello guys i have a problem with mine , if i put my bh5 in the 3 4 slot i´t won´t boot in windows .
Anyone has the same problem ?

Thkx guys

misteroadster
11-07-2004, 04:23 PM
do the vio=vddr mod , set HTT to 4X, FSB 230 in bios and you'll roxx.

trans am
11-07-2004, 05:19 PM
....another REALLY nice 939 mobo.....

I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic.

|-jokker-|
11-08-2004, 01:56 AM
do the vio=vddr mod , set HTT to 4X, FSB 230 in bios and you'll roxx.

Thkx for the answer but that don´t work , i alredy tried that , with the vio , and my bh5 i can´t pass 210 dual channel configuration.
In single channel i can bench at 261 2.2.2.5 .
I don´t why this happens strange things , my board is possesed :D

Lithan
11-08-2004, 06:23 AM
I just wanted to mention that this board is a Perfect match with the xp-120. The heatsink hangs over the dimm slots, but just high enough that you can get ram in and out if you are careful, and this means that a 120mm fan is blowing over your first two dimms (which make Dual channel in this board). Real nice.

misteroadster
11-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Thkx for the answer but that don´t work , i alredy tried that , with the vio , and my bh5 i can´t pass 210 dual channel configuration.
In single channel i can bench at 261 2.2.2.5 .
I don´t why this happens strange things , my board is possesed :D
Effectively the range 205/227Mhz is absolutely unstable with BH5, you ve to jump it !!.
I think you've got to retry , hear this :

First solution if you can boot xp@200 :
-use purple dimms
-Vio=vddr
-201FSB in bios.
-Set multi required
-HTT4X
-timings :cas 2/7/12/2/2/5/2/2/2/1X1552
-Set the vcore you want.

under XP Set FSB to 230 with clockgen

Second solution if you can't boot xp@200

-Put your sticks in purple dimms
-do the vio=vddr mod
-set HTT to 4X
-set your timings : cas 2/7/12/2/2/5/2/2/2/1X1552
-set your FSB to 201

F10
-set FSB to 230
Boot windows and use Clockgen to hit the hell :) .

Lithan
11-08-2004, 07:52 AM
Memtesting 9X245HTT ddr@200% 2x512 bh5 HT@3X VIO=VDDR
2.0-11-13-2-2-9-2-2-2-2x2596 2t enabled

trans am
11-08-2004, 08:15 AM
Memtesting 9X245HTT ddr@200% 2x512 bh5 HT@3X VIO=VDDR
2.0-11-13-2-2-9-2-2-2-2x2596 2t enabled

what is vio=vddr?

Lithan
11-08-2004, 08:30 AM
mod to run 3.3v line into vdimm.

trans am
11-08-2004, 08:44 AM
mod to run 3.3v line into vdimm.

do you need to do the mod before using a ocz ddr booster? or can you just use the ddr booster and turn it up? I was looking into getting one if I end up going with the ocz el 4200 platinum.

misteroadster
11-09-2004, 05:08 AM
http://112233445566.free.fr/DCC/wb%20mosfet1.jpg
http://112233445566.free.fr/DCC/wb%20mosfet2.jpg

for those who wants to give more volts to cpu.

trans am
11-09-2004, 08:56 AM
http://112233445566.free.fr/DCC/wb%20mosfet1.jpg
http://112233445566.free.fr/DCC/wb%20mosfet2.jpg

for those who wants to give more volts to cpu.

WTF is that thing?
cmon, how does it work?

Lithan
11-09-2004, 10:55 AM
No you dont need the mod. I did the mod because Im not using a ddr booster.

misteroadster
11-09-2004, 11:28 AM
WTF is that thing?
cmon, how does it work?
Mosfets waterblocks for K8NS...939 by a french guy :D

misteroadster
11-09-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm doing some tests on my K8NSNXP 939.
I can boot with 280 2/2/2/2 1:1 in bios.

maneshu
11-09-2004, 03:16 PM
misteroadster do you have some tccd mems to test?

charlie
11-09-2004, 03:58 PM
so what's the bottom line? Is this better than Neo2??????????

C

trans am
11-09-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm doing some tests on my K8NSNXP 939.
I can boot with 280 2/2/2/2 1:1 in bios.

Man that's sick! Watercooling mosfets! Wow I had some issues with french people but this deff makes up for it. Have you made any custom watercooling solutions for memory?

misteroadster
11-09-2004, 04:00 PM
http://pageperso.aol.fr/misteroadster/30K2240.JPG
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8235360

trans am
11-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Ruling!

misteroadster
11-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Man that's sick! Watercooling mosfets! Wow I had some issues with french people but this deff makes up for it. Have you made any custom watercooling solutions for memory?
I can't cold boot at 280 , but reboot is not a problem.
To boot with high FSB, set it to 201 reboot, and set the FSB required after in bios and reboot.
i've done 201---->280 like a charm. :rolleyes:

trans am
11-09-2004, 04:05 PM
I can't cold boot at 280 , but reboot is not a problem.
To boot with high FSB set it to 201 and the FSB required after.
i've done 201---->280 like a charm. :rolleyes:

I see so set at 201 in bios and then use clockgen or something to do it in windows. So you were never able to boot with high htt from bios?

misteroadster
11-09-2004, 04:06 PM
I've edited ;)
apparently it's the same thing , when the mobo is at 200 AGP/PCI is locked , but when you set it to 201 before , it works good.

misteroadster
11-09-2004, 04:10 PM
misteroadster do you have some tccd mems to test?
no, i don't, sorry.

MUCHO
11-09-2004, 06:47 PM
I just wanted to mention that this board is a Perfect match with the xp-120. The heatsink hangs over the dimm slots, but just high enough that you can get ram in and out if you are careful, and this means that a 120mm fan is blowing over your first two dimms (which make Dual channel in this board). Real nice.

Does the XP120 also cool the mofsets?

Geforce4ti4200
11-09-2004, 10:08 PM
I read it all and I am getting the XP verson(worth almost $200) for $110 used. I will let you guys know how it goes. so if you shut the computer down, it wont boot again at high fsb, youd need to clear cmos and start at low fsb then reboot and then boot at high fsb? what if my comp crashes when its 280fsb? is there a way to make it default back to 200fsb, maybe hold Del or Insert while posting? Is the max htt300 or is there a way to get higher? I need 333ht to hit 3GHz on my newcastle on air since it hates low temps, wont post below 0c :( Charlie did 3GHz, I may or may not do it but ill never know if I cant get over 300ht

misteroadster
11-10-2004, 01:48 AM
Geforce4 :
I think the best is :
Boot at 201 Desynch 166 LDT 3X , and push to 300 and more with clockgen.
Personally i never used clearcmos , when i m at 280 in bios , and shutdown , after power on , the pc clear the FSB after some seconds and reboot with 200 FSB.

trans am
11-10-2004, 06:42 AM
I read it all and I am getting the XP verson(worth almost $200) for $110 used. I will let you guys know how it goes. so if you shut the computer down, it wont boot again at high fsb, youd need to clear cmos and start at low fsb then reboot and then boot at high fsb? what if my comp crashes when its 280fsb? is there a way to make it default back to 200fsb, maybe hold Del or Insert while posting? Is the max htt300 or is there a way to get higher? I need 333ht to hit 3GHz on my newcastle on air since it hates low temps, wont post below 0c :( Charlie did 3GHz, I may or may not do it but ill never know if I cant get over 300ht

I would just buy the ultra version for $115 new.

Lithan
11-10-2004, 11:44 AM
There might be a little indirect airflow over the mosfets, but no I wouldn't say it cools them. If you want active cooling on them you will have to plan to add some just for them.

Geforce4ti4200
11-10-2004, 04:35 PM
I would just buy the ultra version for $115 new.

mine is the $195 verson with the dual bios, better audio, extra cooling and all for $110 :D so if you set the fsb too high and cold boot, itll just default back to 200fsb?

misteroadster
11-10-2004, 04:38 PM
yes , the other settings are recorded most of time.

misteroadster
11-10-2004, 06:55 PM
Some K8NSNXP-939 (same than yours) results :
http://pageperso.aol.fr/misteroadster/31s2450.JPG

30K with X800XT PE Stock and 2335Mhz :)
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8237254

Lithan
11-10-2004, 08:07 PM
Umm... My board doesn't have dual bios? Then this second bios chip is just there to look pretty?

trans am
11-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Better audio? looks like the same audio to me. Maybe it just sounds better on your speakers?
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Products/Products_GA-K8NS%20Ultra-939.htm

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Products/Products_GA-K8NSNXP-939.htm

Sephir0th
11-11-2004, 04:21 AM
so given that (at least here in oz) the price of this k8ns ultra 939 + the price of a ddr booster are about equal to the price of a neo2, which would be the better option? i have 2x512mb doublesided bh-5

misteroadster
11-11-2004, 04:56 AM
better solution for you is K8NS Ultra with Vio=vddr modded ;)

mad mikee
11-11-2004, 09:38 AM
1. I'm fed up w/ the lack of control on the MSI neo2 :brick:
2. Old Chipset (0409) and no vdd control :brick:
3. Like the UT/tweaker-level of mem controls :D
4. I got a working and correctly oriented OCZ BOOSTER :banana:

5. Ordered board from newegg this morning :hehe:
Maybe can zap the msi outof my sig....

939 Ultra BIOS F4 (http://tw.giga-byte.com/Download/Download.asp?DownloadPath=/MotherBoard/FileList/BIOS/bios_k8nsu939_
f4.exe)

TalonGSX
11-15-2004, 10:51 AM
What are you guys using to monitor CPU temp. The stock programs that come with this board are nothing to rave about. Also how high do you guys think I can push the K8NS Ultra w/ 3200+ winnie to, with crap Infineon PC3200 mem, and stock cooling. Not sure when I will have the cash to get better ram as new box, Motherboard, Vid Card and CPU are about as much as I can get away with before the wife kills me.

MGE XG Viper w/500w PS
GA-K8NS Ultra 939
Athlon64 3200+ Winchester
Infineon 512mb PC3200
Gainward 5700U (Leadtek 6800 backordered)

mad mikee
11-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Got board 1 hr ago.
Have tried both winnies (32/3500), bh5, tccd mem (1 stick) in different slots
2 PSUs, 2 dif vga (radeon 8500/9800pro). Have it sitting on box to avoid grounding $hit.

Cleared cmos and check POS battery, replaced w/ good one.

When PSU turned on, fans spin up for a sec. When attempting to power on the motherboard w/ power switch DEAD DEAD DEAD :mad: :mad: :mad:
Suggestions or is this a POS board and RMA immediately?

mad mikee
11-19-2004, 10:35 AM
What experiences have you all had w/ this board since the beginning of the week (Max FSB, tweaks, etc) Please? :confused: :D :brick: :shrug:
Thanks MikeE

Hmm I wonder how this (http://www.silenx.com/productcart/pc/configurePrdz.asp?idcategory=5&idproduct=108) might work on this board! Oh well that's for next week :hehe:

trans am
11-19-2004, 10:46 AM
I just ordered another one, 2 3200+OEM's and a ddr booster. I hope I get some Leprechauns!!!
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46087

TalonGSX
11-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Glad to hear your coming back to the fold Trans Am... Was starting to think that interest in this board died out when you sent yours back.

trans am
11-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Glad to hear your coming back to the fold Trans Am... Was starting to think that interest in this board died out when you sent yours back.

After seeing Misteroadster's success with the board, how could anyone not want one? I still refuse to buy MSI, so this is the only viable option atm.

MSI=questionable integrity, bad track record
EPOX=low voltage options, nothing new
Gigabyte K8NS Ultra=a little quirky, but for less than $115, who can complain?

MUCHO
11-20-2004, 12:41 AM
I'm going to get one more than likely... :confused:

existz
11-22-2004, 02:37 PM
so do u all recommend this board over anyother board in its price range compared to getting a dfi ut 250gb and 3000+ 754?? ill be using 256x2 pdp xbl tccd and water

trans am
11-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Here's a recent reply from gigabyte rep. regarding issues on K8ns ultra nf3:

(original message)

Question - 135992

Sent : 2004/11/21 09:20
Question : Need new bios to fix fsb issue. when raising high fsb (htt) you need to set htt at 201 then reboot, then you can raise to high htt. Also higher vdimm and vcore is also a must. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Name : GA-K8NS Ultra-939
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 3232132123
BIOS Ver : 4
Serial No. : 1231215464
Purchase Dealer :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VGA Brand : Nvidia Model : 6800gt
CPU Brand : AMD Model : Speed :
Operation System : Win XP SP : 2
Memory Brand : Samsung Type :
Memory Size : Speed :
Power Supply : W

(response) Hi,

There are no option available for higher dimm voltage since it can damage the memory. Are there are issue running the system at default specs?

(my response)
Cmon, dont give me that default specs crap! You can't damage memory with 2.85 vdimm. This is an enthusiast motherboard and should have enthusiast overclocking settings. If this is the way Gigabyte feels, then me and every other ENTHUSIAST is going to buy DFI or Abit or MSI etc.. If Gigabyte is going to market to the enthusiast overclocking comunity then you need to do something about these issues now!

KNOWN issues with K8NSXP version and Ultra-nf3

max vdimm is 2.85v
tracks vtt
max vcore is 1.7v
bad vcore, unstable and fluctuates up to 1.95v under load
coldboot problems with high HTT
crashes when upping the HTT speed too much at a time
always detects ide drives at bootup, cant disable this setting latest bios fixes this problem
9x multi slitghly unstable
8x multi very unstable

runs great with bh5
runs great with ch5
runs great with samsung tccc
NO Memory Interleaving?

TIP: easy vdimm mod with 3.3v rail = Vdimm Via single wire, VTT tracks automatically
TIP: easy vcore mod with pin10 to ground via 50K VR
BUT the max vcore after a mod is 1.95v and coldboot with 1.85v+ vcore might kill the board!
TIP: If having problems with BH5 ram, try the following:
1) Do 3.3v = Vdimm mod
2) Set HTT multiplier to 4x and HTT to 230Mhz - Lower HTT does not boot for some users.
3) Boot and overclock via clockgen, and tweak via A64tweaker.
TIP: for best performance the giga board needs Vcore and Vdimm/3.3V bypass mod (or the OCZ booster)
TIP: disable fast writes
TIP: use HTT multiplier 4x up to ~260 and 3x up to ~290

Please fix these issues!!!!!

trans am
11-22-2004, 05:00 PM
Just got a reply from my last message.
Hi,

We have contacted our HQ and unfortunately they are unwilling to raise vdimm for this motherboard since it can damage the memory modules. We guaranatee to run stable at default specs. Are you experiencing any issue running the system at default speed?

my response:

OK, well, I guess I will be using an ocz ddr booster. aside from the vdimm, what about the htt issues? And the 9x multi issues? what if someone buys a 3000+ for this board that is a 9x multi Default. they are going to have problems because this board has issues with 9x multi. And to make it work out, one would need to drop multi and increase fsb, but since the board has issues at high fsb, then I guess they are out ot luck? we need a bios rev to fix this asap!!!

I wish misteroadster was here, he was able to do crazy htt with this thing.

http://pageperso.aol.fr/misteroadster/3GigWinnie2.JPG

OK, scratch the 9x multi issue. I read this whole thread again and Lithan was using the 9 multi just fine. Board should be here wednesday. As for my previous issues on this board, I've got my fingers crossed. I hope it works out.

existz
11-22-2004, 05:49 PM
u tell em trans am :)

MUCHO
11-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Board should be here wednesday. As for my previous issues on this board, I've got my fingers crossed. I hope it works out.

I'm hoping it works out because this MB is laid out perfect for my XP120 that is sitting here waiting to be put to use and I'm not too sure if I'll be using this Gigabyte or bending a capacitor...

:( :( :(

trans am
11-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Here's the latest reply from gigabyte regarding the 3000+ 939. note that the stock multi on this chip is 9x.
(me)
OK, well, I guess I will be using an ocz ddr booster. aside from the vdimm, what about the htt issues? And the 9x multi issues? what if someone buys a 3000+ for this board that is a 9x multi Default. they are going to have problems because this board has issues with 9x multi. And to make it work out, one would need to drop multi and increase fsb, but since the board has issues at high fsb, then I guess they are out ot luck? we need a bios rev to fix this asap!!!

Hi,

The default should be 10x, are there any issue running it at default specs?
We do not guaranatee overclocking. If not stable still at the default specs please list exactly what kind of issue it causes, when it occurs and what the error message indicates.

Thank you

HMMM? default on 3000+ is 10x??? Gigabyte can gigaBITE ME!!

trans am
11-24-2004, 05:08 PM
OK I have great news!! just got another gigabyte ultra from ZZF today. Set everything up. turned it on and leds and fans running but no beeps. no post screen nothing! HEHEHE! It figures! with my luck I am not surprised. tested 2 cpus, took ram out, etc and same crap. yes my 12v is connected. lol. Anyway, already got rma number from ZZF. I know I said I wouldn't ever buy msi product again, but cmon, it can't be any worse than this POS. CAll me a sell out, but I can't take anymore chances with this board, msi neo2 on the way. oh, btw, popped the chipset heasink off and it's nf3 is made in taiwan and 0411 date? Could this be why we were getting crap clocks? I thought taiwan was the better chipset. but why the old date? Anywy, gigaBITE me!

gonx_me
11-25-2004, 03:58 AM
HMMM? default on 3000+ is 10x??? Gigabyte can gigaBITE ME!!

My 939 0.09 3000+ the multiplier is 9x. i'm able to oc 'till 9x253Mhz (more/less)

Chouny
11-25-2004, 05:39 AM
i can't use multiplier 9 and 10 with my K8NSNXP-939

it puts multiplier 5 when i look with cpu-z

TalonGSX
11-28-2004, 06:39 PM
My GA-K8NS Ultra board has gone to the dogs too... was having problems with the voltage readings. My Negative volatages were absolute crap (-12v= -4-6v, -5=-1-3v)and my 5v was bouncing between 2-4.6v. At first I figured it was the program I was using to monitor the voltages. Then I started getting lock ups. I ran out to get a new power supply. My new RAM(HyperX 3200) and Vid card (BFG 6800 OC) came in that day as well so I swapped them all in. No change with the new power supply. To add insult to injury, the lousy Gigabyte board took out my new 6800 card, and now I have to RMA both of them. The power supplies are both MGE, one is a 500w that came with the Viper Case, and the other is the Vigor 400w.

Just doing my bit to perpetuate the Hit or Miss nature of this board.

Benny Lodewijk
11-29-2004, 01:32 AM
I just brought K8NS Ultra-939 and flashed it with F5 BIOS (i received it from Gigabyte Taiwan). With my Winchester 3200+ 0432 TPMW and default HSF.

http://www.geocities.com/benny_nejkt/spi_260x10_winch.txt

I need vmod for dimm to make my KHX 3200ULK2 runs 1:1. Any one can help me ?

gonx_me
11-29-2004, 03:03 AM
Where can i get the F5 bios? All servers from Gigabyte only says F4. Noted any diference? I can't managed to get more than 242Mhz stable in my KN8S-ultra..

Barr3l Rid3r
11-29-2004, 05:18 AM
I just brought K8NS Ultra-939 and flashed it with F5 BIOS (i received it from Gigabyte Taiwan). With my Winchester 3200+ 0432 TPMW and default HSF.

http://www.geocities.com/benny_nejkt/spi_260x10_winch.txt

I need vmod for dimm to make my KHX 3200ULK2 runs 1:1. Any one can help me ?

It seems that the layout of these boards looks exactly the same as K8NS Pro and K8N Pro so you probably can do the same vdimm mod as this one here:

http://219.113.251.125/c-board/c-board.cgi?cmd=ntr;tree=2245;id=

misteroadster
11-29-2004, 06:08 AM
http://pageperso.aol.fr/misteroadster/caps+mod.JPG

Barr3l Rid3r
11-29-2004, 06:18 AM
Direct mod sux for TCCD, adjustable one is better

gonx_me
11-29-2004, 10:45 AM
Are all SATA pci-locked? Or only the near AGP?

trans am
11-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Are all SATA pci-locked? Or only the near AGP?

Well one smart thing gigabyte did was ditched the sata ports 1 and 2 that are known issues on the nf3. they added a sil image controller instead to compensate. so yes all the sata ports are locked.

Benny Lodewijk
11-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Direct mod sux for TCCD, adjustable one is better

What kind of VR used if i want to mod with adjustable vmod ???

BIOS F5 for GA-K8NS Ultra-939 you can download it here http://www.geocities.com/benny_nejkt/BIOS_F5.zip

trans am
11-29-2004, 06:18 PM
What does the f5 bios fix?

Benny Lodewijk
11-29-2004, 06:23 PM
They said this BIOS fix more compatibility with D0 stepping for Winchester.

misteroadster
11-30-2004, 04:08 AM
you 've to use F3 bios for 2001 runs ;) (only for clawhammer and newcastle)

MrSeanTsontas
11-30-2004, 04:48 AM
Of course I do not have 939 A64 but I have as you see my sign a similar Gigabyte.
This mobo overvoltages Vcore (that's good for me) :D stable as a rock but high FSBs can be reached only setting HT=3X LOL with HT=2X or HT=4X mobo behaves strange and I do not know why... :rolleyes:
Bios version is F4.
NewCastle 754 is cpu model.

andyOCZ
11-30-2004, 12:31 PM
OK guys I have tried the F5 BIOS and it fixes the cold boot issue for me. I cold booted from 260mhz and no problems. The OCZ DDR Booster also works great in the K8NS Ultra-939, so do not fear. The new F5 BIOS and the extra voltage (3.1) have me stable at 265mhz DC with OCZ PC3200 Platinum Rev 2. 3-3-3-10 timings. Nice bandwidth too. :)

Benny Lodewijk
12-02-2004, 06:22 PM
hmmm.... i've got something with F5 BIOS. If HTT multiplier change, timing setting back to AUTO, it can cause system cannot bot. I must take all the 20 pin and 4 pin power cord from the motherboard for a while and then system can boot again, enter the BIOS and make a change for memory timing setting.
I'm using 2 sticks Kingston KHX PC 3200ULK2/512 TCCD at slot 1 and 2.

AndyOCZ : did it happen to you too ??

Zebo
12-03-2004, 01:43 AM
My GA-K8NS Ultra board has gone to the dogs too... was having problems with the voltage readings. My Negative volatages were absolute crap (-12v= -4-6v, -5=-1-3v)and my 5v was bouncing between 2-4.6v. At first I figured it was the program I was using to monitor the voltages. Then I started getting lock ups. I ran out to get a new power supply. My new RAM(HyperX 3200) and Vid card (BFG 6800 OC) came in that day as well so I swapped them all in. No change with the new power supply. To add insult to injury, the lousy Gigabyte board took out my new 6800 card, and now I have to RMA both of them. The power supplies are both MGE, one is a 500w that came with the Viper Case, and the other is the Vigor 400w.

Just doing my bit to perpetuate the Hit or Miss nature of this board.

You have any problems at default speed? LOL eh TA:D.

My board will not boot above 240 Mhz period. It boots fine with 1.40 vcore at 237 so chips not it... I'm perplexed.

gonx_me
12-03-2004, 02:24 AM
mine won't go further 242Mhz stable with 3000+ 939 0.09 of 0435.

VASkO
12-03-2004, 02:46 AM
mine does boot at 290HTT not stable though, 285 is stable. is there a way to make it stable? HT link voltage is Vdd voltage?

andyOCZ
12-03-2004, 09:47 AM
hmmm.... i've got something with F5 BIOS. If HTT multiplier change, timing setting back to AUTO, it can cause system cannot bot. I must take all the 20 pin and 4 pin power cord from the motherboard for a while and then system can boot again, enter the BIOS and make a change for memory timing setting.
I'm using 2 sticks Kingston KHX PC 3200ULK2/512 TCCD at slot 1 and 2.

AndyOCZ : did it happen to you too ??

Hi, that's really strange?What CPU do you have? This BIOS is supposed to help the 90nm Winchester. I have had no such problem. I am running the 3500+ 90nm and using TCCD OCZ memory.

mad mikee
12-03-2004, 10:37 AM
As to my opinion on the boards I have RMAed (http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=619289#post619289)

Bd #1 DOA - from newegg, no stock for replacements so they gimme $$$ back no problem.

Bd#2 from ZZF(F4) - 239->240 FSB resets all settings, ZZF of course deducts 15% and lies about alternate neo2 (says in stock to get me to buy and not cancel, but never there). :frag: :grr: :flame: :slap: End of any business w/ ZZF.

Benny Lodewijk
12-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Hi, that's really strange?What CPU do you have? This BIOS is supposed to help the 90nm Winchester. I have had no such problem. I am running the 3500+ 90nm and using TCCD OCZ memory.

I'm using Winnie 3200+ 0432 TPMW. The problem still continues
:mad:

andyOCZ
12-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Bios F5 fixed all my complaints with the board. I am still overclocking like dog, but I'm sure it's memory controller on the CPU. I can cold boot and load Windows at 275fsb or higher now, but it won't prime at all above about 240fsb. These Winnies are bunk. IMHO, but I have an FX53 coming that will tell me if I'm right.

Benny Lodewijk
12-03-2004, 09:43 PM
AndyOCZ : which dimm slot good performance if i want to using OCZ DDR Booster for GA-K8NS Ultra-939 ?

trans am
12-03-2004, 09:56 PM
As to my opinion on the boards I have RMAed (http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=619289#post619289)

Bd #1 DOA - from newegg, no stock for replacements so they gimme $$$ back no problem.

Bd#2 from ZZF(F4) - 239->240 FSB resets all settings, ZZF of course deducts 15% and lies about alternate neo2 (says in stock to get me to buy and not cancel, but never there). :frag: :grr: :flame: :slap: End of any business w/ ZZF.

That's weird, I called about doa, said I was going to buy a neo2 and they gave me full refund. Now neo2 is rocking! I love this thing!

MUCHO
12-03-2004, 10:27 PM
Bios F5 fixed all my complaints with the board. I am still overclocking like dog, but I'm sure it's memory controller on the CPU. I can cold boot and load Windows at 275fsb or higher now, but it won't prime at all above about 240fsb. These Winnies are bunk. IMHO, but I have an FX53 coming that will tell me if I'm right.

Can you send me a link for the F5 bios?

snowice
12-03-2004, 10:33 PM
what do you guys use to monitor the cpu temperture on this motherboard? and where to get it? thanks!

by the way, i don't have any issue w/ this board. i was able to boot windows at 330 htt :D

andyOCZ
12-03-2004, 11:07 PM
What kind of VR used if i want to mod with adjustable vmod ???

BIOS F5 for GA-K8NS Ultra-939 you can download it here http://www.geocities.com/benny_nejkt/BIOS_F5.zip

F5 BIOS there! :)

Dissolved
12-03-2004, 11:52 PM
OK Few questions as im looking into this mobo cuz i will not buy a MSI mobo.

1. Voltage mods? can anyone post any detailed pics..
2. Phasechange? Winny? Claw/NC?
3. TCCD Testing? Max oc? Voltage used?
4. Dual bios.. is it really there? i see a few posts about it but not sure..

Thanks.

muzz
12-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Dual Bios is really there...
I just got 1 tonight, and TBO I am not impressed so far......
Got it and the Winnie 3000, figured I gotta start somewhere.
Dunno if phase works with it, I haven't hooked up the prommy yet, as I dont have the 64 kit yet.
Running on :banana::banana::banana::banana:ass stock AMD HSF for now.....

Just been playing around trying stuff tonight, only 230 DC so far(XMS3500 X2x256)@1:1.
Obviously this thing is gonna need some work.

Week 0441 on th 3000+

L8

m

Dissolved
12-04-2004, 12:41 AM
Dunno if phase works with it, I haven't hooked up the prommy yet, as I dont have the 64 kit yet.

Just been playing around trying stuff tonight, only 230 DC so far(XMS3500 X2x256)@1:1.

Week 0441 on th 3000+

L8

m

Can you try the prommie asap for me? i really would like to know if the winny + GB + Phasechange Works

Thanks

muzz
12-04-2004, 08:08 AM
Can you try the prommie asap for me? i really would like to know if the winny + GB + Phasechange Works

Thanks

I will be putting the prommy on as soon as I get the kit. Unfortunately I prolly wont have the kit for at least a week.

TTYL

m

andyOCZ
12-04-2004, 11:51 AM

Week 0441 on th 3000+

L8

m

Make sure you flash BIOS F5. Look up a few posts for a link. This will transform the board. No cold boot issues, more stabilty, etc.

muzz
12-04-2004, 02:52 PM
I did that last night Andy, Thanks for reminding me though :cool: .

So far this chip/board combo has gotten to almost 2600(actually 2567 so far)@ 1.4v on stock AMD HSF( just superPi and pifast so far), I dropped the ram down to 166, so it wouldn't become a factor @ 5-2-2-2 x 230+( but I believe it is anyways- at 285HTT=233mem)..

I've gotten HTT to 285 so far @ .1v over on chipset ( 233 mhz on ram @ 7-3-3-2).
Have to keep trying different stuff, but I feel it is a decent chip ( we'll see for certain when I really start pounding it)...
Just need to get the hang of all the neat :banana::banana::banana::banana: ya can do with this setup, and keep adjusting....
Takes time trying out this new stuff.

So far so good though :) .

andyOCZ
12-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I am onto something with this board. In the BIOS I was running the Top Performance Setting Enabled. Prime95 would not run at all except at a few speeds. Using OCZ 3200 Platinum Rev 2 TCCD in teh board at 1:1 Prime95 was erroring at 200fsb with 2.5-2-2-10 timings. I know this memory will do 2-2-2-10 without breaking a sweat. Disabling the Top Performance, the same timings Primed for 5 hours before I stopped it. The board is now at 265 HTT running 2.5-3-3-10 timings with an 8 multi and Prime Blend Test is ripping right along. :) I have the memory in 1 and 2 and the OCZ DDR Booster in slot 4, running 3.0v.

Has the Top Performance feature worked for any of you or is really just the "Top Instabilty" setting?

Bottom line enabling Top Performance on my board kills all stabilty. I thought my CPU was junk but I have to re-think that now!

muzz
12-04-2004, 05:57 PM
I saw that Top performance thing, looked into it and decided not to use it.
Glad I didn't!!!
I am just trying to see where it's prime stable with the Stock HSF now, as I had it superPI to 2650(with ram to 133 setting- 2.8v on BH-5 blows), getting it to finish 1 MB at 290+ HTT ( I know it wasn't prime stable ).
Still fiddling with this thing, and A64 tweaker doesn't help me get away from the puter neither!!

MUCHO
12-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Anyone know about installing an XP120 on this board? Someone just told me I need to buy a special backplate?

@sia@home
12-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Can someone plz give me the rundown on enabling Command Rate 2T

I currently have the k8ns nonultra s754. I'm thinking of getting this board however. I have tested

3x512mb BH-5 all seperate
1x512mb Samsung Chipped xtreme ddr pc3500
2x256mb Muskin BH-5
2x256mb Generic BH-5
1x512mb Generic BH-6
and 2x256mb Corsair pc3200 v1.1 BH-6

The only ram out of all of that that actually worked properly with command rate 2t disable was the corsair BH-6. I can't get any of the 3x512mb BH-5s to work with 2t disabled. I know im losing quite a few hundred m/s with cpc off.

I want to know if it is likely that this ram (2x512mb G.skill pc3200 2-2-2-5 2.5v dual channel kit) Will actually run decent speeds with 2-2-2-6-1T in DC on the k8ns -ultra939.

Is everyone just leaving command rate 2t on auto or enabled or what?

saaya
12-05-2004, 12:21 AM
can somebody please explain the differences of theese boards to me?

K8NS ============ 754 nf3 250
K8NS Pro ========= 754 nf3 250
K8NSNXP ========= 754 nf3 250

K8NS-939 ========= 939 nf3 ultra
K8NS pro-939 ====== 939 nf3 ultra
K8NSNXP-939 ====== 939 nf3 ultra
K8NS ultra-939 ===== 939 nf3 ultra

so the way i see it they are all the same, but there are minor changes like between different pcb revisions of other boards.

754 nf3 250
K8NS ============ rev1.0
K8NS Pro ========= rev2.0
K8NSNXP ========= rev3.0

939 nf3 ultra
K8NS-939 ========= rev1.0
K8NS pro-939 ====== rev2.0
K8NSNXP-939 ====== rev3.0
K8NS ultra-939 ===== rev4.0

could this be the truth behind all those confusing names?

@sia@home
12-05-2004, 12:24 AM
can somebody please explain the differences of theese boards to me?

K8NS ============ 754 nf3 250
K8NS Pro ========= 754 nf3 250
K8NSNXP ========= 754 nf3 250

K8NS-939 ========= 939 nf3 ultra
K8NS pro-939 ====== 939 nf3 ultra
K8NSNXP-939 ====== 939 nf3 ultra

so the way i see it they are all the same, but there are minor changes like between different pcb revisions of other boards.

754 nf3 250
K8NS ============ rev1.0
K8NS Pro ========= rev2.0
K8NSNXP ========= rev3.0

939 nf3 ultra
K8NS-939 ========= rev1.0
K8NS pro-939 ====== rev2.0
K8NSNXP-939 ====== rev3.0
K8NS ultra-939 ===== rev4.0

could this be the truth behind all those confusing names?

lol no
the xps have dsp :banana::banana::banana::banana: and the works. pata raid sata raid etc etc.
pros 2sil sata raid, 2 nv sata raid, no dps dual lan
nonpros 2nv sata raid 1 lan.

i don't think there is a pro-939? thats what the -ultra939 is!

saaya
12-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Can someone plz give me the rundown on enabling Command Rate 2T

I currently have the k8ns nonultra s754. I'm thinking of getting this board however. I have tested

3x512mb BH-5 all seperate
1x512mb Samsung Chipped xtreme ddr pc3500
2x256mb Muskin BH-5
2x256mb Generic BH-5
1x512mb Generic BH-6
and 2x256mb Corsair pc3200 v1.1 BH-6

The only ram out of all of that that actually worked properly with command rate 2t disable was the corsair BH-6. I can't get any of the 3x512mb BH-5s to work with 2t disabled. I know im losing quite a few hundred m/s with cpc off.

I want to know if it is likely that this ram (2x512mb G.skill pc3200 2-2-2-5 2.5v dual channel kit) Will actually run decent speeds with 2-2-2-6-1T in DC on the k8ns -ultra939.

Is everyone just leaving command rate 2t on auto or enabled or what?

woa there, your surprised to not be able to run 3x512mb with a command rate of 2t on a 754 board? :eek:

even some 939 boards have problems with that! :lol:
i dont think even 2 ds 512mb sticks will run with 1t on a 754 board...

saaya
12-05-2004, 12:29 AM
K8NS ============ 754 nf3 250 2nv sata raid 1lan
K8NS Pro ========= 754 nf3 250 2sil sata raid 2 nv sata raid 2lan
K8NSNXP ========= 754 nf3 250 2sil sata raid 2 nv sata raid 2lan dps

K8NS-939 ========= 939 nf3 ultra 2nv sata raid 1lan
K8NS pro-939 ====== 939 nf3 ultra 2sil sata raid 2 nv sata raid 2lan
K8NSNXP-939 ====== 939 nf3 ultra 2sil sata raid 2 nv sata raid 2lan dps

like this?

saaya
12-05-2004, 12:50 AM
K8NS ============ 754 nf3 250 2SATA+raid 2PATA lan
K8NS Pro ========= 754 nf3 250 4SATA+raid 4PATA+raid Gblan
K8NSNXP ========= 754 nf3 250 4SATA+raid 4PATA+raid Gblan+lan dps

K8NS-939 ========= 939 nf3 ultra 2SATA+raid 2PATA Gblan
K8NSNXP-939 ====== 939 nf3 ultra 4SATA+raid 2PATA Gblan+lan dps
K8NS ultra-939 ===== 939 nf3 ultra 4SATA+raid 2PATA Gblan+lan

ok, this is according to the gigabyte homepage... that means the only difference is the missing dps comparing the K8NSNXP-939and the K8NS Ultra-939...

at least feature wise!

@sia@home
12-05-2004, 01:15 AM
K8NS ============ 754 nf3 250 2SATA+raid 2PATA lan
K8NS Pro ========= 754 nf3 250 4SATA+raid 4PATA+raid Gblan
K8NSNXP ========= 754 nf3 250 4SATA+raid 4PATA+raid Gblan+lan dps

K8NS-939 ========= 939 nf3 ultra 2SATA+raid 2PATA Gblan
K8NSNXP-939 ====== 939 nf3 ultra 4SATA+raid 2PATA Gblan+lan dps
K8NS ultra-939 ===== 939 nf3 ultra 4SATA+raid 2PATA Gblan+lan

ok, this is according to the gigabyte homepage... that means the only difference is the missing dps comparing the K8NSNXP-939and the K8NS Ultra-939...

at least feature wise!

Thats much much closer but still slightly wrong from the way i read it ;)

K8NS-939 doesn't have gblan, and the xps on both s754 and s939 have dual gblan instead of gblan + lan ;)

oh and also the s754 k8ns only has 2 fan headers, and one soldered bios chip.

not sure about the k8ns-939 but i Know that all the rest have dual socketed bios chips

@sia@home
12-05-2004, 01:18 AM
woa there, your surprised to not be able to run 3x512mb with a command rate of 2t on a 754 board? :eek:

No I did'nt use 3x512mb at the same time.

I mean of the 3 512mb sticks of BH-5 at my disposal none will be -1T even when the only stick in the board. All paired ram that didn't work with 1T was tried with only one of the sticks to see if that was the broblem. Most didn't.

2x512mb Wouldn't work with 2-2-2-6-1T and 1x512mb with 2-2-2-6-1T also wouldn't work.

For your information I can't even get into winblows with 3x512mb in there @ 200mhz 2-2-2-6-2T ;) and in memtest+ i got like 1300m/s bandwidth instead of like 1700m/s and hundreds of thousands of errors :(

saaya
12-05-2004, 01:31 AM
K8NS-939 doesn't have gblan...gigabyte k8ns-939 detailed specs (http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-K8NS-939.htm)
Marvell 8001 Gigabit Ethernet controller

...and the xps on both s754 and s939 have dual gblan instead of gblan + lan ;)hothardware k8nsnxp-939 review (http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?page=6&articleid=574&cid=3)
Strangely, Gigabyte uses an ICS 1883 PHY that only operated at 10/100 thoughanandtech k8nsnxp-939 review (http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2128&p=8)
Dual Onboard LAN:
1Gigabit Ethernet by Marvell 8001
10/100 Ethernet by ICS 1883

will make a more detailed comparison of the board specs

saaya
12-05-2004, 01:32 AM
No I did'nt use 3x512mb at the same time.

I mean of the 3 512mb sticks of BH-5 at my disposal none will be -1T even when the only stick in the board. All paired ram that didn't work with 1T was tried with only one of the sticks to see if that was the broblem. Most didn't.

2x512mb Wouldn't work with 2-2-2-6-1T and 1x512mb with 2-2-2-6-1T also wouldn't work.

For your information I can't even get into winblows with 3x512mb in there @ 200mhz 2-2-2-6-2T ;) and in memtest+ i got like 1300m/s bandwidth instead of like 1700m/s and hundreds of thousands of errors :(
never said you cant run 3 512mb sticks with 2t... :)

what cpu do you have?

STEvil
12-05-2004, 01:35 AM

Havent had any problems on mine yet.

2x512 CH-5 tested to 245fsb 2-2-2-x
2x512 OCZ VX tested to 260fsb 2-2-2-x

:stick:

Its CPU dependant.

Heck, maybe i'll give 3x512 @ 3.3v a go too..

saaya
12-05-2004, 02:19 AM
k8ns 2SATA+r 2PATA lan 1x2mb firewall 2fan headers aux audio game/midi
k8ns pro 4SATA+r 4PATA+r Gblan 2IEEE 2x4mb 3fan headers aux audio game/midi
k8nsnxp 4SATA+r 4PATA+r Gblan+lan 2IEEE 2x4mb firewall 3fan headers multis in bios aux audio game/midi dps

K8NS-939 2SATA+r 2PATA Gblan 1x2mb 3fan headers multis in bios
K8NSNXP-939 4SATA+r 2PATA Gblan+lan 2IEEE 2x4mb firewall 3fan headers multis in bios aux audio game/midi (gigabyte specs dont mention dps!)
K8NS u-939 4SATA+r 2PATA Gblan+lan 2IEEE 2x4mb firewall 3fan headers multis in bios aux audio game/midi

Its CPU dependant.

Heck, maybe i'll give 3x512 @ 3.3v a go too.. ok, correction, will run but wont oc very high dont get me wrong, id love to get proven wrong :D im getting a754 board myself ^^

STEvil
12-05-2004, 02:27 AM
Most 2x512 setups seem to top around 265-280 1T or 2T on 754 or 939 that i've seen...seems to be CPU related ;)

saaya
12-05-2004, 02:52 AM
Most 2x512 setups seem to top around 265-280 1T or 2T on 754 or 939 that i've seen...seems to be CPU related ;)
i have only seen one guy reach 280fsb with 2x512mb on 754 and thats dagalidis , and im not sure it was t1... more likely t2...

Den Leiw
12-05-2004, 03:22 AM
what is this dsp on the xp board

some kind of additional cooling ? If so does it help when overclocking or am I tottally wrong^^?

@sia@home
12-05-2004, 05:01 AM

So you are saying that the BH-5 cool and I probably have a bad onboard memory controller? What will you say if i get a new cpu and it still doesn't do cpcon?

Will that mean its bad ram?

I can't seem to get my 754 system to work above 240 with 2 pieces of anything in there :S

VASkO
12-05-2004, 05:04 AM
what is the HT Link voltage in bios? is this the chipset voltage? i got to 2715mhz so far with 3200+ 0434 spmw winnie. the board rocks!

saaya
12-05-2004, 05:22 AM
what is this dsp on the xp board

some kind of additional cooling ?
yes

If so does it help when overclocking or am I tottally wrong^^?
dont think it helps a lot, but i guess it keeps the mosfets cool and results in a more stable vcore...

So you are saying that the BH-5 cool and I probably have a bad onboard memory controller? What will you say if i get a new cpu and it still doesn't do cpcon?

Will that mean its bad ram?

I can't seem to get my 754 system to work above 240 with 2 pieces of anything in there :S
id first test everything else before you buy new cpu...

can you post your complete system specs?

what is the HT Link voltage in bios? is this the chipset voltage? i got to 2715mhz so far with 3200+ 0434 spmw winnie. the board rocks!
no, htlink voltage is htlink voltage :D chipset voltage is vdd

higher htlink voltage helps to reach a higher ht bus speed (fsb), and a higher overall ht bus speed by keeping the ht multis high

VASkO
12-05-2004, 05:33 AM
is there a Vdd mod and easy to do?

saaya
12-05-2004, 06:00 AM
i think theres a vdd mod in this thread...

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20190

muzz
12-05-2004, 08:07 AM

Its CPU dependant.

Heck, maybe i'll give 3x512 @ 3.3v a go too..

You can check the manual, but I think running 3 dimms disables dual channel.
Pretty sure it's either 2 or 4.
FWIW

On another note, I just installed the Beta WinXP64 to play around with on another drive, the drivers on the CD for the Marvell do not work, I had to go to Marvels site and DL the correct ones..
Haven't tried any other software yet.

m

STEvil
12-05-2004, 04:33 PM
s754 doesnt do dual channel muzz.

Saaya - there are countless examples of people running 2x512mb at high fsb with 1T in the AMD and Extreme Overclocking forums... although most are on s939 now since s754 is "old"...

Couple examples in this thread I believe: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=622444#post622444

@sia@home
12-05-2004, 05:38 PM
THis is what is in the s754 system right now

3000+ Newcastle 10x200 stock
Gigabyte K8NS
2x512mb G.Skill BH-5 KIT (2-2-2-5 200mhz @ 2.5v)
Cathars G4 Storm Waterblock
2x120mm Radiator
Eheim 1048 pump
Tygon Tubing r3606
4x Papst 4412FGL @ Full Speed
Zalman Fan Bracket with 92mm @ 1700rpm (silent)
Gecube x800xt pe @ 612/580 vgpu @ 1.5 (cooled by Silverprop Fusion HL) no ramsinks atm

I simply can't get -1T to work even @ 200mhz htt. Top performance is top instability for me too.

Ok Taking out a stick doesn't do anything, trying other pieces of BH-5 didn't do anything. The only time I have used -1T was with a 2x256mb Kit of Corsair BH-6.

How will my ram go in the 939 board? Atm I think I can memtest+ the ram @ 240-245mhz.

STEvil
12-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Couldnt tell ya, its all about the motherboard/bios and cpu combo....

G-Skill did BH-5 sticks?

muzz
12-05-2004, 08:23 PM

Saaya - there are countless examples of people running 2x512mb at high fsb with 1T in the AMD and Extreme Overclocking forums... although most are on s939 now since s754 is "old"...

Couple examples in this thread I believe: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=622444#post622444

O ya.. DUH!!
I forgot that you had a 754, I was actually referring to the K8NS Ultra 939.

Sorry bout that!!

m

Barr3l Rid3r
12-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Saaya I've just seem some difference between K8N/K8NS layout from the others...

any PRO an SNXP looks pretty much the same... since K8NPRO

saaya
12-05-2004, 10:30 PM

that link leads me to this very same thread :confused:

Saaya I've just seem some difference between K8N/K8NS layout from the others...

any PRO an SNXP looks pretty much the same... since K8NPRO

i dont understand what your trying to tell me :(

STEvil
12-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Woops...

K, here are a bunch.... start about page 13 or something http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46152

More in this thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39636&goto=lastpost

More: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20825&goto=lastpost

More (I think, just picked it at random actually due to its title.. would think there would be some in there??): http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42268&goto=lastpost

Barr3l Rid3r
12-06-2004, 05:26 AM
that link leads me to this very same thread :confused:

i dont understand what your trying to tell me :(

I tried to say that all the K8NPRO/K8NSPRO/K8NSNXP/K8NS ULTRA/K8NSNXP-939 has basically the same mods . The Layout is a bit different in K8N / K8NS

Moony349
12-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Does anyone know why exactly I can run 290 HTT with clockgen but can't boot with >240? I'm using EB right now and it won't run over DDR400 so I'm using a 2/3 divider on the memory. I ordered some G.Skill PC4400 GLBC so hopefully I'll be able to run closer to 1:1.

I have the K8NSNXP-939 but since multipliers 9 and 10 for the bios are broken I'm using the F5 Bios from the ultra. Everything seems to work fine. My 3500+ Newcastle hits about 2.6 on water.

andyOCZ
12-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know why exactly I can run 290 HTT with clockgen but can't boot with >240? I'm using EB right now and it won't run over DDR400 so I'm using a 2/3 divider on the memory. I ordered some G.Skill PC4400 GLBC so hopefully I'll be able to run closer to 1:1.

I have the K8NSNXP-939 but since multipliers 9 and 10 for the bios are broken I'm using the F5 Bios from the ultra. Everything seems to work fine. My 3500+ Newcastle hits about 2.6 on water.

Hi, you said the F5 BIOS from the K8NS Ultra-939 works fine, but you have a booting issue at 240fsb? Maybe the BIOS is the problem. Did your board do this before the BIOS flash?

One of the issues that the F5 BIOS fixed was the cold boot at 240fsb or higher. It is possible that this fix is not compatible with the K8NSXP version.

Please let me know. :)

boblemagnifique
12-06-2004, 02:02 PM
My Giga K8ns ultra s939 :

Vmod VDDR -> +3.3v = 3.85v

Bios F6 -> boot ram 260mhz 1:1 2/2/2/5/7/11/2/2/1/1

2*256 A-data BH5 WE0313

http://www.membres.lycos.fr/boblemagnifique/Overclocking/A64/sandra2700mhz.png

270mhz 1:1 (2/2/2/2) -> A64 tweaker

http://www.membres.lycos.fr/boblemagnifique/Overclocking/A64/superpi36s.png

277mhz 1:1 (2/2/1/0) -> A64 tweaker

gonx_me
12-06-2004, 03:17 PM

2*256 A-data BH5 WE0313

Where did you get the F6 bios??

Moony349
12-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Yes Andy, I had the same problem before flashing to the F5 bios. I'd love to get a copy of that F6 bios also.

trans am
12-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Yes Andy, I had the same problem before flashing to the F5 bios. I'd love to get a copy of that F6 bios also.

did you try setting htt in bios to 201, hit f10, then go back into bios and raise to desired htt?
ht link should be 3x. turn agp fastwrites off.

Benny Lodewijk
12-06-2004, 06:09 PM

2*256 A-data BH5 WE0313

http://www.membres.lycos.fr/boblemagnifique/Overclocking/A64/sandra2700mhz.png

270mhz 1:1 (2/2/2/2) -> A64 tweaker

Where we can download this F6 BIOS ?

Benny Lodewijk
12-06-2004, 06:54 PM
F5 Bios you can download it here (http://www.geocities.com/benny_nejkt/BIOS_F5.zip)

boblemagnifique
12-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Bios F6 -> K8NSNXP-939 , it functions very well on my K8NS Ultra

Benny Lodewijk
12-06-2004, 07:39 PM
hohohoho.. i think boblemagnifique using F6 BIOS for K8NSNXP-939 for his K8NS Ultra-939 :D :D

Moony349
12-06-2004, 09:12 PM
It's wierd because the F6 bios for my K8NSNXP-939 makes multipliers 9 and 10 default to 5... Do they work on your board?

saaya
12-06-2004, 11:16 PM
Woops...

K, here are a bunch.... start about page 13 or something http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46152

More in this thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39636&goto=lastpost

More: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20825&goto=lastpost

More (I think, just picked it at random actually due to its title.. would think there would be some in there??): http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42268&goto=lastpost

damn dude, link me to a post! i checked 4 pages of the first thread and nobody was talking about a 754 setup at all, page 13 14 15 16 was full about complaints about the high vx prices in europe, thats all :P

STEvil
12-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Page 4: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=605698#post605698 (me referring to my previously tested CH-5, doesnt really count I guess)
Page 7: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=609061#post609061
Page 8: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=609370#post609370 (Post by me, lots of info)
Page 8: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=609424#post609424 (me again, CH-5 instead of VX though)
Page 8: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=609509#post609509 (9.5 multi though)
Page 10: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=610143#post610143 (referring to this post: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=610095#post610095)
Page 12: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=611657#post611657 (post previous shows max @ 2T)
Page 16: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=614797#post614797
Page 22: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=616888#post616888
Page 23: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=617223#post617223
Page 24: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=617435#post617435
Page 26: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=618070#post618070
-- Can see 2T is disabled here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=618089#post618089
Page 27: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=618545#post618545
Page 29: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=618838#post618838
Page 31: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=619455#post619455 (look at bandwidth, cant do that at 2T)
Page 32: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=619875#post619875 (bandwidth again, single channel this time)
Page 32: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=620350#post620350 (referring to a post back a page I didnt link to since I couldnt see 1T mentioned iirc..)
Page 35: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=623719#post623719

Some more, linked to on page 7 (here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=608839#post608839) and posted in the thread later too
http://www.truextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35033
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,11944
434~mode=flat?r=329

Theres the Voltage Extreme thread.. I left out a couple and probably missed a few too, want me to continue?

There is talk of 754 and 939 setups throughout the entire thread. Those pushing 3500 to 4100mb/s bandwidth are running 754, those at 7500+ are 939.

Its pretty easy to tell 1T from 2T using sandra too, since 2T kills efficiency and numbers.. a low cpu multi brings down the bandwidth some too, but its not nearly as drastic as 2T.

saaya
12-07-2004, 01:16 AM
Page 4: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=605698#post605698 (me referring to my previously tested CH-5, doesnt really count I guess)
250 is nice, but you said 280!

Page 7: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=609061#post609061
thats both single stick results from what i can see

Page 8: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=609370#post609370 (Post by me, lots of info)
again 250 is nice, but you said 280 before

Page 8: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=609424#post609424 (me again, CH-5 instead of VX though)

Page 8: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=609509#post609509 (9.5 multi though)
270 memory speed but is it 1t? 3200mb/s write speed... doesnt sound like 1t to me

Page 10: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=610143#post610143 (referring to this post: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=610095#post610095)
280, but is it 1t?

Page 12: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=611657#post611657 (post previous shows max @ 2T)
"1T max is 240-245mhz with 2x512mb"

Page 16: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=614797#post614797
thats a single stick

Page 22: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=616888#post616888
260mhz... even if its 1t, its not even close to the 280 you were talking about

Page 23: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=617223#post617223
again 260mhz, nice, but even if its 1t wich i cant see, then its far from 280mhz

Page 24: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=617435#post617435
that on a 939 board...

Page 26: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=618070#post618070
-- Can see 2T is disabled here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=618089#post618089
245mhz memory speed...

Page 27: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=618545#post618545
hes also talkin about 939 results...

Page 29: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=618838#post618838

Page 31: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=619455#post619455 (look at bandwidth, cant do that at 2T)
thats on a 939 system again...

Page 32: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=619875#post619875 (bandwidth again, single channel this time)

Page 32: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=620350#post620350 (referring to a post back a page I didnt link to since I couldnt see 1T mentioned iirc..)
thats on a 939 system again.......

Page 35: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=623719#post623719
239mhz... again, you said many people would reach 280mhz with 2 512mb sticks and 1t on a 754 system... where?

Some more, linked to on page 7 (here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=608839#post608839)
thats on a 939 system... and some other shots that you linked me to.

and posted in the thread later too
http://www.truextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35033
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,11944
434~mode=flat?r=329on an 875 system.... and the second link is taking me to some review feedback? :confused:

ok, so now lets resume the results from all the links, results of 2 512mb sticks on a 754 system:

250, 1t
270, 1t?
280, 1t?
245, 1t
260, 1t?
260, 1t?
245, 1t
255, 1t
250, 1t
239, 1t

so even IF all shots are indeed with 1t (wich i doubt), then we have an average speed of 255mhz...

there are countless examples of people running 2x512mb at high fsb with 1T where? you posted a link to one guy at 280 and one at 270mhz...

believe me, ocing 2 512mb sticks on a 754 setup with 1t is a pita!
939 is a totally different thing as you have 2 memory controllers on a 939 cpu !!!!

overclocking 2 512mb sticks with 1t on a 754 setup is like overclocking 4 512mb sticks or 2 1024mb sticks with 1t on a 939 setup.

STEvil
12-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Those are all low latency BH/CH/VX sticks, the 265-280 was in referrence to TCCD modules.

I never said 2x512 on 754 wasnt a pita, but you said "i dont think even 2 ds 512mb sticks will run with 1t on a 754 board..." http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=622368#post622368 which is what I was trying to point out as false...

939's are still having just as much trouble as 754's running 1t/2t and high (250+ tight/loose timings) although they do average a few mhz higher for sure.

saaya
12-07-2004, 01:42 AM
Those are all low latency BH/CH/VX sticks, the 265-280 was in referrence to TCCD modules.then show me high oced 2x512mb 1t shots with tccd :P i never referred to any memory type :)

I never said 2x512 on 754 wasnt a pita, but you said "i dont think even 2 ds 512mb sticks will run with 1t on a 754 board..." http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=622368#post622368 which is what I was trying to point out as false...
to wich i replied:

ok, correction, will run but wont oc very high
to wich you replied:

Most 2x512 setups seem to top around 265-280 1T or 2T on 754 or 939 that i've seen...
wich is not true! 265-280mhz with 1t is by far not the average oc of a 754 system with 2 512mb sticks!

939's are still having just as much trouble as 754's running 1t/2t and high (250+ tight/loose timings) although they do average a few mhz higher for sure.no, there are several shots of around 300mhz with 2 512mb sticks and 1t on 939 systems! i havent seen a single 754 setup reach 300mhz with 2 512mb sticks and 1t, the best ive seen was 280mhz by dagalidis and it took him weeks to tweak it there and he said himself he had a lucky chip.

Formann
12-07-2004, 01:52 AM
The K8NS Ultra939 is crap for OCing. Atleast the one i have.

This is with 1.55v set i BIOS. (F2) It really sucks.
http://privat.bluezone.no/forman/div/vcore.JPG

Last night i looked at the log, and with Auto (1.5v) in BIOS i had 1.44v low and 1.81 high. 0.37v fluctuations.. :mad:
If i try 1.7v i get the same, except the avrage is higher.

STEvil
12-07-2004, 02:02 AM
wich is not true! 265-280mhz with 1t is by far not the average oc of a 754 system with 2 512mb sticks!

i havent seen a single 754 setup reach 300mhz with 2 512mb sticks and 1t, the best ive seen was 280mhz by dagalidis and it took him weeks to tweak it there and he said himself he had a lucky chip.

Thats why I said the top was 265-280. This implies the average is below the top... but you have to also put into perspective that those who make up the average arent always like opp or dagealidis so their chips may actually be capable of more due to a system bottleneck of some type that they have not identified or tested thoroughly enough.

Personally the C0 754 chips had problems at 1T for sure, though some did great at 1T. Clawhammers are just weird and will do 1T well most of the time as well as being capable of 400+ HTT easily... Winchesters seem to be all over the map.

As i've said and will say again: Its CPU dependant. There are of course other system factors like PSU quality or motherboard voltage regulation quality etc, but largely its the CPU which will determine your memory performance.

saaya
12-07-2004, 03:31 AM
The K8NS Ultra939 is crap for OCing. Atleast the one i have.

This is with 1.55v set i BIOS. (F2) It really sucks.
http://privat.bluezone.no/forman/div/vcore.JPG

Last night i looked at the log, and with Auto (1.5v) in BIOS i had 1.44v low and 1.81 high. 0.37v fluctuations.. :mad:
If i try 1.7v i get the same, except the avrage is higher.
damn that sux... :(

try an rma? say its unstable at stock and the vcore fluctuates a lot, if they dont replace it then do a droop mod and connect all the 12v rail pins of the 12 mosfets and all the vcore output pins of the mosfets... (ask hell-fire or holst first, im not 100% sure this will work)

Thats why I said the top was 265-280. This implies the average is below the top... but you have to also put into perspective that those who make up the average arent always like opp or dagealidis so their chips may actually be capable of more due to a system bottleneck of some type that they have not identified or tested thoroughly enough.

Personally the C0 754 chips had problems at 1T for sure, though some did great at 1T. Clawhammers are just weird and will do 1T well most of the time as well as being capable of 400+ HTT easily... Winchesters seem to be all over the map.

As i've said and will say again: Its CPU dependant. There are of course other system factors like PSU quality or motherboard voltage regulation quality etc, but largely its the CPU which will determine your memory performance.i never said it wasnt cpu dependant...

but 754 systems are in no way ocing nicely with 2 512mb sticks with 1t! 250mhz seems to be the average, while almost all 939 systems seem to be able to reach 300mhz+ with memory in 1:1 and 1t with 2 512mb sticks.

and yeah, its a different if we have a normal user or an expert, but there are experts on both platforms, and the best on 754 with 2 512mb sticks in 1t is 280, and the best ive seen on 939 was 340mhz 3-4-4 and 300mhz 2-2-2.

plus most people seem to reach 300fsb on 939 systems while people average around 250mhz on 754 systems with the same memory.

im sure that if you run both 512mb sticks with 1t on the same memory channel on a 939 system you will reach the same 250mhz average as 754 users reach, its the limit of the memory controller, but since the 939 cpus have both controllers active they ca split the load to two channels wich lets them reach higher speeds.

Formann
12-07-2004, 05:48 AM
i checked that program using a multimeter and it seems that program is very much wrong..

use the f5 bio's and redo your driver's.

I know speedfan reports like a drunk sometimes. Like my +5v and 3.3v its all over the place. According to Speedfan my 5v is 2.4v load :stick:

BUT, the K8NSNXP and K8NS Ultra is known to have a crappy vcore circut, and I get the same readings from other programs and BIOS.

I gave the F5 a try, but all i got was a corrupted win2k install. Then when i tried a reinstall, I god BSOD every time. hmm... maybe I forgot to resett bios after having flashed it. Used @bios to do it.
Im gonna try the F5 one more time when i get home from work.

Just orderd a MSI tho.. it seems like a better mobo.

Formann
12-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Wasnt F5 that I tried. It was F3. Got it stable enough to run a 3dm01 Drago test, and @ 208*11 i got 508 FPS in D-Low and 260ish D-High.

Then I tried the F5 and got 465/242 FPS .. same as K8NS Ultra939 F2.

Now thats over 600pts in drago alone !!! Wonder what it does to games. Cant be good, thats for sure.

Crappy vcore and crappy performance.. this sorry mobo should be put to sleep.

STEvil
12-07-2004, 03:00 PM
saaya - someone should try it ;)

saaya
12-07-2004, 09:59 PM
saaya - someone should try it ;)
wish i had a 939 setup with a gig tccd :D

gonna ask the ocz guys and jnav if they can test it :D

Formann
12-08-2004, 02:21 AM
it's not the board that is crappy it's the mem controller on these chip's..i have tested 2x 3500's and a 3000 chip and they all kinda suck when it comes to overclocking the mem very high but as far as ghz they are great.my giga has rock solid voltage rail all the way around..

but i also had one giga byte the dust for no reason..and after tsting to see what is wrong it seem's the 3.3v is not traveling through the mobo..probly an easy fix.

Im not having any problems with the mem comtroller. I can do 275+ 2-2-2-x with BH5 all day long. Ive had it up to 280 2-2-2-x, but i dont like running 3.9vdimm. The problem is unstable vcore and bad performance in some 3d-apps. (like 3dm01 drago)

The only bios that performs is not stable. At least not with BallistiX. Diddn´t try the F3 with BH5.

If your vcore is stable, you´re lucky :)

Quote from ultimate S939 mainboard guide (http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46730)

bad vcore, unstable and fluctuates between 1.70v and 1.95v under load

boblemagnifique
12-31-2004, 07:51 AM
Bios F7 roxxxxxx :slobber:

http://www.membres.lycos.fr/boblemagnifique/Overclocking/A64/cbbhd0447tpew/winnie@365fsb.PNG

VASkO
01-04-2005, 03:00 AM
which mobo is it? never heard of F7 bios for K8NS Ultra-939

boblemagnifique
01-04-2005, 03:09 AM
My Gigabyte K8NS ultra -> Bios K7 k8nsnxp-939 Compatible with K8NS ultra ;)

Family man 72
01-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Has anyone tried Ocz EB sticks with this board? I will recieve testboard with Kyosen Vdimm-mod on saturday or sunday and give it a try.

Chouny
01-06-2005, 08:45 AM
K8NS 939 and K8NSNXP are the same motherboard, only DPS change :D

Shiny
01-07-2005, 04:53 AM
Are you sure that we can flash de F7 bios in the ultra board without any annoyings?

Chouny
01-07-2005, 05:20 AM
My Gigabyte K8NS ultra -> Bios K7 k8nsnxp-939 Compatible with K8NS ultra ;)

read this ;)

Shiny
01-07-2005, 07:26 PM
I´ve tried the F7 bios, but no good, equal FSB but not working at cl2.5 only cl3 with my memory, less stability.
Back to the F4 normal bios.