PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to put doors on a case that doesn't have doors

Gargoylebrother
02-27-2002, 07:18 PM
hey anyone out there know how i could put a door on this case i got it has one of thouse annoying U-shaped case covers that slides on. I have though that if u cut the case along the top edge about 1/2 an inch belowe the top corner and then u just put on some of that C strips around the edges to make it look all nice and sence the screws are in the back just use a couple thumb screws and it shoule work. At least that's how i think it will anyway.

Any suggeations would be great by the way

Smizack
02-27-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Gargoylebrother
hey anyone out there know how i could put a door on this case i got it has one of thouse annoying U-shaped case covers that slides on. I have though that if u cut the case along the top edge about 1/2 an inch belowe the top corner and then u just put on some of that C strips around the edges to make it look all nice and sence the screws are in the back just use a couple thumb screws and it shoule work. At least that's how i think it will anyway.

Any suggeations would be great by the way

Welcome to the forums.

It would be kind of a pin in the 4ss, but I guess it would work. just stick some hinges on the back, and put flares on the inside of the case about 1/2''. That actually might work pretty well.

A folding out window would be kewl too. And might be easier, if you could put hinges on the top inside...

JBELL
02-27-2002, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the forums...

you could do it dirt cheap!! get some brass hinges from Home Depot and then use thumb screws in the back of the case to secure it.... very small mod and it would be cool to actually have a hinge

get creative and hinge the bottom and drill holes for the thumb screws on the top edge and have it open like a G4 Apple.....

or... get super creative - cut the panel in half and when you open it have it hinged so it folds in on itself - to compact for space!!

Smizack
02-27-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by JBell

get creative and hinge the bottom and drill holes for the thumb screws on the top edge and have it open like a G4 Apple.....

Dude, that's a kewl Idea. I never even thought about that. Those cases are tight!

JBELL
02-27-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Smizack

Dude, that's a kewl Idea. I never even thought about that. Those cases are tight!

dude I got millions of ideas! - hit me up for something ...

JBELL
02-27-2002, 09:50 PM
Could this idea work

hook little magnets or metal clips to the ends of your fans blades so they pass and complete a cicut on the outside of the fan - each contector is hooked up to a LED and thus creating a strobe effect which the speed is controlled by the speed of the fan - hooked to a rheostat?

clearly only good for looks.....

Smizack
02-28-2002, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by JBell
Could this idea work

hook little magnets or metal clips to the ends of your fans blades so they pass and complete a cicut on the outside of the fan - each contector is hooked up to a LED and thus creating a strobe effect which the speed is controlled by the speed of the fan - hooked to a rheostat?

clearly only good for looks.....

Dude! That would be sweet!

Starfox
03-18-2002, 11:30 PM
it's as easy as SUPER GLUE!