PDA

View Full Version : New OCZ Powerstream PSU strangeness

Ol!ver
10-28-2004, 06:00 AM
I picked up a 420w Powerstream today, and have just installed it. I'm having a bit of a problem though.
I've played around with the adjustable pots on the back, and can't make the LEDs go green. I've adjusted them so the BIOS says they are pretty much spot on, but I've still got yellow lights. If I turn thema tad higher, I get red, and a fair bit lower I get yellow, with a hint of red, before I get full red.

Is this an RMA job? Now having much luck with hardware at the moment !

Cheers

Oli

SteveOCZ
10-30-2004, 12:57 PM
They will not go green at all? Have you checked the bios voltages against a DMM?

If your LED's will not go green we can RMA for you. If you would like to do this just send me an email

Ol!ver
10-30-2004, 01:27 PM
They will not go green at all? Have you checked the bios voltages against a DMM?

If your LED's will not go green we can RMA for you. If you would like to do this just send me an email

Cheers for the reply.

I think they are actually green, they just look like a yellower green than I was expecting. If I turn them up I get red, and if I turn them down I get what I assume is green with a hint of the red LED. I assume that is correct?

I'm in England btw, so an RMA would be difficult. I however do think the psu is working correctly, assuming the yellowy colour is green, and the hint of red and green is supposed to be the yellow.

Not sure if that makes any sense, if not let me know and I'll have another go :D

Cheers

Oli

SteveOCZ
10-31-2004, 04:20 AM
Well if your voltages are correct then it must be. The green colour is a little yellow on mine as well even though the voltages are well within green limit. The best way to RMA in the UK or the rest of Europe is through the shop you purchased the product from. OCZ will do RMA's directly without any problems, but we figured if you could get it done in town it would be less expensive and faster than shipping.