PDA

View Full Version : tin can sound?????

charlie
10-27-2004, 08:15 AM
my ic7-g onboard sound is kinda crappy. It sounds like a guy in a cave speaking into a tin can....

is this normal? Should I get a better sound card? I listen to streaming audio and video cuts.... online.

sky
10-27-2004, 10:15 AM
my ic7-g onboard sound is kinda crappy. It sounds like a guy in a cave speaking into a tin can....

is this normal? Should I get a better sound card? I listen to streaming audio and video cuts.... online.

does it come with some wowzer onboard sound stuff like nforce2? if so, check the surround sound settings. i had something like this happening to me with xp on my old nf7s once. some day all the sounds (music, video, games) started like being recorded in a tunnel, etc.. so i went to check.. and it was something in the driver/sound system setup. "hall" or something like that was selected... crappy crap crap, didn't know how that happened without my doing it.

anyway. did you have that board running with normal sound before (or other abit ic7g's?) that didn't sound like this at all, if so.. it might be what i described.

shrae
10-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Same thing happened to me after playing a game. It switched my Soundstorm to a certain setting and didn't switch it back after.

With an onboard sound card without these extra effects, it's harder to say. Have you tried disabling then reenabling it in control panel? Or reinstalling drivers?

STEvil
10-27-2004, 11:01 PM
Could be something is toast in the windows install, or the board itself.

My brother is running my old Epox 8kta3+ and the sound is HORRID comparred to what it used to be.. I think his headphones killed it (Phillips GA-55's or something.. absolutely worthless peices of crap).