PDA

View Full Version : winflash?

R.Rabbit
10-26-2004, 04:52 AM
does anybody have a link to dl the latest version of winflash?
here's the whole story, a lond while ago i screwed up my dfi infinity bios, so i just now got a bios savior kit(i couldn't find the tool to take out the bios anywhere else) and i rebuilt a computer with my old 8rda+ to hot flash the dfi bios correctly onto its chip, but it all screwed up ruined the 8rda+ bios!!! so now im trying to hot flash with my old kt-333 chipset epox board, and i cant hotflash because winflash says "bios file size does not match mainboard bios", but i read somewhere that with the latest version of winflash you can disable flash protection... if im :banana::banana::banana::banana: out of luck becuase the only board i have left is a kt-333 chipset and not nf2, would someone volunteer to flash me the correct bios if i send them the chip?please!

KODE
10-26-2004, 06:34 AM
Try the latest AFLASH version, I was having problems with the earlier versions, but the final allowed me to hot flash my BIOS, even with diff BIOS sizes. I hot flashed my NF7-S 2.0 (Nforce2 ultra) BIOS in an ASUS A7N266-VM (Nforce), the program just warned me something about BIOS size and asked if I want to proceed, choosed YES and BIOS flashed without a hicup.

Make a DrDflash boot disk, when DrD loaded remove working BIOS and put the screwed one, insert new new floppy with AFLASH and BIOS you want, type AFLASH at the command prompt, choose option number 2 (flash BIOS) just forget making a bkp, hit Y when asked.

http://www.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/flash/aflash221.zip

Good luck!