PDA

View Full Version : Good web hosts?

PS2pcGAMER
10-25-2004, 12:52 AM
I am looking for a good web host and was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions.

Requirements:
250MB+ storage (500-750MB preferable)
20GB+ Bandwidth (40-100 would be better)
~10 e-mails
~20 subdomains
~15 MySQL db's and no limits on tables

All for somewhere around $10/mo.

I have found a few sites and forums, but I want to see if I can get some first hand opinions from XS members.

TIA, :toast:

EDIT: And an absolute must is the gd module for PHP. If they have to add it, that is ok, I just have to have it

bachus_anonym
10-25-2004, 01:03 AM
http://www.globat.com - 2500MB webspace / 75GB Bandwidth
all you need is included... $7.95

for $19.95/year you get unlimited subdomains...

if you sign up within 3 days u get first 3 months for $1... anually prepaid...

great deal!!! great service!

PS2pcGAMER
10-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the link. :toast:

So you have personally used this service? How is the response time? How about tech support?

I am thinking about giving everyone (all D2OL teams) access to the D2OL sigs if I can find the appropriate hosting...

bachus_anonym
10-25-2004, 01:36 AM
i've been hunting for a good web hosting company for the last two weeks and that was my choice... i signed up this morning for the service. $75 for 12 months (at this moment) for 2500MB/75GB is a deal hard to come by these days...

i haven't used it before but from what i gathered it seems like excelent choice. they got many rewards and are rated very high as to uptime and customer service...

EDIT: this deal only lasts until tommorow morning... but on the other hand maybe you should wait for other people's opinions...

PS2pcGAMER
10-25-2004, 01:39 AM
Ok, thanks for the advice.

I believe I am locked into a contract for a few weeks, so I am unsure when exactly I will be able to change hosts, but I still have some time.

If you would, let me know how you like it in a few days.

Anyone else have any opinions?

bachus_anonym
10-25-2004, 01:42 AM
i'll let you know, Jeff :)

charlie
10-27-2004, 02:23 PM
www.hostrocket.com

not as good a deal as the others, though :slobber:

PS2pcGAMER
10-27-2004, 03:31 PM
www.hostrocket.com

not as good a deal as the others, though :slobber:

Thanks for the link charlie. That rollover bandwidth really appeals to me.

Do you use them? If so, what do you think of their service?

TIA

charlie
10-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the link charlie. That rollover bandwidth really appeals to me.

Do you use them? If so, what do you think of their service?

TIA

Yeah, I do. Absolutely NO major prob's....Maybe one or two times had a very short server down message...

C

PS2pcGAMER
10-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I do. Absolutely NO major prob's....Maybe one or two times had a very short server down message...

C

Alright, I'll definitely look into them.

Blergo
10-28-2004, 06:39 AM
i had a reallyt good host that i managed to get free lifetime hosting with (they were also cheap for normal packages) but my free hosting had 500Mb storage, 50Gb bandwidth a month and everythign like subdomains and stuff was unlimited. but they have disapeared of the face of the earth just a few days ago :( they gave away 3 free acounts every month though so it was a case of first come first served, REALLY good service untill they disapeared. so i am looking for a new host aswell. ideally one with cpanel and phpbb and phpchat and some webmail program installed, dont need such hich bandwidth / space tho, can be lower. but must be reliable and cheap.
owen

All Kill3r
10-29-2004, 04:21 AM
http://myhosting.com/ is what i use. Haven't has any issue's in over a year now, but the bandwidth limit's are prob a bit too low.

LANjack
11-02-2004, 04:52 PM
i had a reallyt good host that i managed to get free lifetime hosting with (they were also cheap for normal packages) but my free hosting had 500Mb storage, 50Gb bandwidth a month and everythign like subdomains and stuff was unlimited. but they have disapeared of the face of the earth just a few days ago :( they gave away 3 free acounts every month though so it was a case of first come first served, REALLY good service untill they disapeared. so i am looking for a new host aswell. ideally one with cpanel and phpbb and phpchat and some webmail program installed, dont need such hich bandwidth / space tho, can be lower. but must be reliable and cheap.
owen

www.godaddy.com

Let you choose windows or linux, and you get different things based on each. Decent prices, and decent limits. If you choose linux server they give you access to all their php and perl stuff, including phpbbs.

iljs
11-24-2004, 04:49 PM
as stated earlier... www.globat.com