PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate HTPC?

Techmasta
10-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Why was this closed? Modding your Xbox is perfectly legal. There are plenty of other things I can do with a modded Xbox besides play backed up games. Just because you can do it doesn't mean that's the only reason people do it. It's like saying paying for a high-speed interenet connection is only so you can download ware3z.

Unlock it please.

Karnivore
10-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Why was this closed? Modding your Xbox is perfectly legal. There are plenty of other things I can do with a modded Xbox besides play backed up games. Just because you can do it doesn't mean that's the only reason people do it. It's like saying paying for a high-speed interenet connection is only so you can download ware3z.

Unlock it please.

The post was closed for a couple reasons.

1: discussion of devices used to circumvent copy protection is against FORUM POLICY

2: mod services, EVEN IF they were allowed here would need to be posted in the CORRECT forum.

I suggest if you want to know more about Xbox modding use google and search, there are a couple very large sites that cater towards that sort of thing..

You can say its legal, and debate the issue all you want. Bottom line is, it is a Grey area in the law, and the Modchip makers are barely holding on to the ability to sell them.. LikSang in HK WAS shut down by Sony. Xbox mod chip makers are only able to legally sell the chips with cromwell/Linux bios, and even then its questionable, and probably only a matter of time.

Do you remember, or have you heard of iso news? The admin/owner of the site was held responsible for having adds on the site pointing to sellers of mod chips.... ISO NEWS BUST INFO (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=isonews+busted&btnG=Google+Search)

As I said, Mod chips, are at best a grey area of the law. And unless you SPECIFY Linux/Cromwell bios, are straight-up ILLEGAL.

Even if the forum allowed such conversations, Vbulletin liscense DOES NOT.
And discussion, or promotion, of ANY illegal activities are grounds for VB to terminate the agreement.

this thread will be locked after my reply.

THE OTHER THREAD WILL REMAIN CLOSED