PDA

View Full Version : Painting

mp3blast
10-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Wats the best way to paint a pc case? What kinda paint should i use? what kinda stuff am I going to need?

thanks

Nomjr
10-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Here is a nice little how to that might give you some ideas: Case Painting (http://www.pc-workshop.net/articles/paint101/paint101-1.shtml)

I have a few for you that my buddy does for me.

lalPOOO
10-21-2004, 08:20 AM
Depends on how good of a paintjob you want, and what kind of paintjob. If you just want the good old mirror finish then follow nomjr's link. I have done that myself, and it looks really good. It does take a lot of time though. If you want something more fancy, like the image nojmr posted, you'll probably want to use an airbrush. However as long as the surface was properly primed and sanded, you COULD use acrylic paints...

stayfrosty
10-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Nomjr your buddy has some mad skill I only wish i could paint like that thats very impressive

Karnivore
10-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Nomjr your buddy has some mad skill I only wish i could paint like that thats very impressive

Agreed, very nice work!

WildKard
10-22-2004, 11:50 AM
Ive done the PC workshop guide a couple of times, it turns out really nice

I did it in metallic blue on my shuttle sff which looks killer and on an entire case in chrome(looks like a huge mirror when its finished) for a friend, it takes me a couple days for each side because I let the paint dry for 24 hours before I sand, I leanred this the hard way the first time when I sanded too early, and basically took all of my paint off! DOH

Nomjr
10-22-2004, 01:34 PM

That's the thing. He's self taught. Picked up and air brush and a small compressor and started practicing on cardboard. He's been painting stuff now for 3 years and he has really come along. He has done a total of 10 cases and 22 motocross and street helmets. He will pretty much paint anything that can be painted. He's working on his second harley now, can't wait for those pictures
:)

mp3blast
11-03-2004, 01:18 PM
wow geese, i thought i could just do it with some spray paint..if i used spray paint and nothing else, would it work well?

Nomjr
11-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Don't forget primer. When I first started, I used automotive paint and it came out really nice if you take the time to prep the metal and plastic before you even throw the first coat of primer on.