PDA

View Full Version : Will this work?

docah
11-01-2002, 09:01 AM
I was thinking of grabbing another danger den 2 block and sandwiching my 226w peltier to create a "water chiller".

I was going to swap a 3 loop setup one loop just cpu block and pump. One loop for the cold side of the chiller and one loop for the hot side of everything. I suppose the cold side and cpu could be on the same loop... but i figgured to allocate for possible additions ... like a second or third pelt sandwich i should seperate the loops.

Am i insane? i think 226W chiller with insulated hose and resevior should yield at least below ambient results. but i'm not expecting much more than a 10c delta.
I already have proper PSU for the peltier i'm just one pump and one dd maze2 short of putting this together.

All this just because i want to make damn certain that i push the 1700+ tbred i'm geting to 2.0+ ghz (i want 2.2but 2.0 is good no?) that and my jinky watercooling needs a serious redesign and this would be a good form of motivation.

Torinalth
11-01-2002, 10:12 AM
hmmm... dunno if that would work well as the water would be going passed too fast to get cold enough..... it might do a little good, but I'd personally use the 226 to freeze the hot side of the other tec, then water cool the 226.

Torinalth