PDA

View Full Version : I beg of thee!!!!

Tiribulus
11-01-2002, 08:14 AM
Would someone please post EXACTLY what bios settings you're using to reach these really high bus speeds. Maybe it's the Radeon 9700 pro, but I cannot run reliably over 171 mhz fsb. I thought I had the fsb/mem bus thing hammered out, but maybe not. What are you doing to get the fsb/mem to run that high as far their bus settings, timings, delays and so forth? I've been setting them both at 133 with the 1/5 divider and moving the fsb up from there. After passing 166 the 1/5 divider remains, but the chipset setting screen says the memory bus has changed to 166 if that means anything. By the way, Except for the usual low 12v rail (11.78 or so) the power situation looks ok. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, wouldn't be the first time.
Tiribulus :confused:

Torinalth
11-01-2002, 10:51 AM
is your chip unlocked? if not then it might be maxed for the CPU.... if it is then possibly bad ram? might have gotten a bad stick of corsair. might try ripping all out but the HDD, memory, and vid card and see what ya get.... maybe something is not FSB tollerant.

Torinalth

Tiribulus
11-01-2002, 10:57 AM
the cpu has access to all the multipliers on the kd7 raid board and I've tried lowering it. I think it's going to wind up beingthe video card probably.
Tiribulus:D