PDA

View Full Version : Bios Flashing My NVIDIA Quadro4 750 XGL

Sam666
10-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Ive never flashed a GFX card befor or read up on it.I heard about it ages tho just that you can Bios flash your GFX card I dont know what it is and what it actally dus tho.So I got some questions :

1.) What dus it actally do ? dus it inprove the performance ?.
2.)Are they made/modded by ppl or released by the cards manufacturer i.e NVIDIA.
3.)How do I do it and were do I get the bios from.
4.)Is there any point doing it like I asked will it inprove the performance as my card is old and crappy is it the same as flashing mother board's etc ?.

Cheers

Sam666
10-14-2004, 11:12 AM
bump

saaya
10-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Ive never flashed a GFX card befor or read up on it.I heard about it ages tho just that you can Bios flash your GFX card I dont know what it is and what it actally dus tho.So I got some questions :

1.) What dus it actally do ? dus it inprove the performance ?
2.)Are they made/modded by ppl or released by the cards manufacturer i.e NVIDIA.
3.)How do I do it and were do I get the bios from.
4.)Is there any point doing it like I asked will it inprove the performance as my card is old and crappy is it the same as flashing mother board's etc ?.

Cheers

hey sam :)

1.) sometimes...

2.) both, they usually come from the manufacturer of the card (nvidia,ati etc) but most actually get released from the card builders (sapphire,gigabyte,abit,asus,msi etc) to fix bugs on their cards or let them overclock higher. some of those bioses then get modded.

3.) there are several programms that let you edit the bios files for your videocard, dont know the names of them, just READ the section here you lazy sob ;) :D to get a bios file search for it on google and ask other people.

4.) the performence gains are ususally lower than your used to it from motherboards, most of the time there are no gains at all. a quadro card has more aggressive memory timings though afaik, so a retail card bios "could" give you a lower per clock performence but a much higher oc...

Der_KHAN
10-15-2004, 02:02 AM
i like ur avatar.
its somehow ... hypnotic...

saaya
10-15-2004, 05:19 AM
fanny once did this while i was chatting with a friend in belgium and i had my webcam on to test it (had just bought it) and she was doing just the same behind my back to confuse me and my pal :lol:

i remember seeing his his mouth wide open and not replying to anything i wrote hahahaha then i turned around and saw "the godness" :D

shes such an attention whore sometimes.... :rolleyes: ... but it works every time ^^

Der_KHAN
10-15-2004, 06:05 AM
uh huh, ... and who's fanny?

Sam666
10-16-2004, 10:07 AM
hey sam :)

1.) sometimes...

2.) both, they usually come from the manufacturer of the card (nvidia,ati etc) but most actually get released from the card builders (sapphire,gigabyte,abit,asus,msi etc) to fix bugs on their cards or let them overclock higher. some of those bioses then get modded.

3.) there are several programms that let you edit the bios files for your videocard, dont know the names of them, just READ the section here you lazy sob ;) :D to get a bios file search for it on google and ask other people.

4.) the performence gains are ususally lower than your used to it from motherboards, most of the time there are no gains at all. a quadro card has more aggressive memory timings though afaik, so a retail card bios "could" give you a lower per clock performence but a much higher oc...
where can i get 2 & 3 m8 ?