PDA

View Full Version : where is my hangup

Torinalth
10-30-2002, 11:06 AM
IT7
corsair 3200
DD maze3-1 with 226 TEC
max of 30c at 3.06

thing is.... it is flaky at anything over 165.... is it the voltage that is inhibiting it? it is currently at 1.7 and maxed for the IT7.... mem has 2.9 and is running 1:1 while I figure out what the cap of the CPU is.

where do you think my hangup is?

Torinalth

mike.elmes
10-30-2002, 11:26 AM
What video card you using? If it's a radeon.....could be worth trying a geforce.

Mine has hit the wall at 162 fsb, but I am awaiting a prommy.
With your cooling you might try the pin trick for 1.85 volts.

Nice setup.

mike

Torinalth
10-30-2002, 11:42 AM
is a radeon, and no cash to buy anything else.... rolling pennies for gas broke...... think the Texico hates me now....

also might see if I can get a roll of quarters together and get some gear for a Vmod for core and dimm......

any other suggestions?

Torinalth

mike.elmes
10-30-2002, 11:48 AM
Well.......

Could you borrow a geforce from one of your computer buddies??

I have the same problem...I think its the radeon, but will have to borrow a geforce to find out. You can pin trick for the cost of a garbage bag tie.:D

Torinalth
10-30-2002, 11:51 AM
nope, everyone but me has a dell, gateway, or ibm with intigrated graphics........ I'm the only computer savvy person I know...... which is why I live online.... god I'm sad.

I just need to get ahold of something conductive now..... everything I had to get before was non conductive.... even my thermal paste is non conductive..... maybe I can find my trace pen....

Torinalth