PDA

View Full Version : CPU Block on GPU?

=[PULSAR]=
10-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Does anyone know of any CPU WB that would fit in the mounting holes of an ATI card. I was thinking about getting the MCW50-T, and change out the 80W TEC for 172W TEC. Then again I began thinking why not find a CPU WB that fits so I can outfit it with something larger maybe along the lines of a 226W or 320W TEC.

The_Dark_Hacker
10-06-2004, 07:04 PM
the cpu block is too big to fit on the card. i really dont see the point of putting that big of a pelt on the gpu or even cpu. if you are thinking about a 320watt peltier then why not just put a phase cahnge block on the gpu

MaxxxRacer
10-06-2004, 07:11 PM
As far as I know there are none that will work without modification.

But if you want to modify it, there are some options. The only problem with that is that with the ati cards there is the shim. And you want to have the center lower than the rest of it to make sure the core is getting full contact. On top of that most cpu blocks have their outlets made so that they are going updwards, or in the case of the gpu they will go straight to the ground. Not a good thing.

But the other problem arrises that all of hte good waterblocks now days are incredibly restrictive. So you wouldnt want to use them. there is one. The swifty mcp6002. It should work. But again like i said about the shim earlier. I dont know if u want to take ur chances, or maybe remove the shim. its up to you. Remembering that u want a tec, go with the mcpw5002 in any variety that u think would mount the easiest.

If I were you i would really just get the dd maze4gpu or the mcw50-T and replace the TEC. The more powerful tecs are the same size as well so they will fit. Danger den sells some and there are other places that sell them as well.

saaya
10-07-2004, 08:19 AM
an mcw50-t should work just fine even with a 227W tec ;)
dont even think theres a better block out to cool a 227W tec, and i wonder why swiffy hast releases a direct die tec cpu block...

keep in mind you will need a good rad, and i think a fast pump is needed as well. i think a 300gph pump is ok, but id def go for more :)

megahurtz-oc
10-07-2004, 08:36 AM
hey pm me about an mcw50-t ive got one and a working 172 watt pelt. its just collecting dust.

saaya
10-07-2004, 08:38 AM
is it the old one with a copper base plate or the new mcw50-t wich directly cools the tec?