saaya
10-05-2004, 02:27 AM
http://xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17412

1 bad quality low res and washed out textures :down:
2 bad quality low res pixeled (! :mad: ) bump mapping :down: :down:
3 nice!
4 niiiice :eek:
5 bad quality textures again :down:

very mixed feelings... i really dont get why they use so horrable textures and bump maps in d3 and q4... why? why is there no high texture resultion maps option in the settings?

p4z1f1st
10-05-2004, 11:50 AM
here (http://www.suppzeggen.de/Bilder/QuakeIV.rar) are a lot of (last year) leaked artworks.....33 pics....but nice :D

shrae
10-05-2004, 11:57 AM
The texture detail on #3 is awesome. I agree with Saaya's comments especially with #1, but I think the point is that the user's focus will be on the body rather than the wall so they skimp a bit on it.

I also wonder how well even our current top-end videocards could handle high-quality in parts 1/2/5.

lalPOOO
10-05-2004, 03:47 PM
I didn't get a 700cdn videocard for skimping/blurred textures. :p: I really wish they wouldn't even joke about "ULTRA DETAIL" when the textures look that bad.
Otherwise the game looks pretty good.

Iridium192_217
10-05-2004, 04:42 PM
It'll be just like Doom. No substance, all graphics.

saaya
10-06-2004, 03:06 AM
It'll be just like Doom. No substance, all graphics.

i guess :/

and what lalpooo said, what did we pay that much money for?

and tbh, if there would be an option to run it with really hq textures or AT LEAST DECENT TEXTURES with just 20fps nobody would complain! thats the point!

who are they (id) to decide what settings are too demanding for our system?
thats up to each and every one of us ourselves! :mad:

again, they should include an optionfor really nice textures, even if it runs very slow, its the point of having the option that counts, and im sure the top speed rigs atm can run d3 with super mega ultra texture quality just fine.

i eman i could run it in ULTRA on my 9500np@9700pro :lol:

and id claimed you need a 512mb videocard to be able to run it :rolleyes:

Iridium192_217
10-06-2004, 11:07 AM
i guess :/

and what lalpooo said, what did we pay that much money for?

and tbh, if there would be an option to run it with really hq textures or AT LEAST DECENT TEXTURES with just 20fps nobody would complain! thats the point!

who are they (id) to decide what settings are too demanding for our system?
thats up to each and every one of us ourselves! :mad:

again, they should include an optionfor really nice textures, even if it runs very slow, its the point of having the option that counts, and im sure the top speed rigs atm can run d3 with super mega ultra texture quality just fine.

i eman i could run it in ULTRA on my 9500np@9700pro :lol:

and id claimed you need a 512mb videocard to be able to run it :rolleyes:

lol

I'm hoping HalfLife 2 will be better than Doom III. Hopefully it'll actually have a reason to play it for more than twenty minutes.

p4z1f1st
10-06-2004, 11:49 AM
i don't know, what u all got with doom3.....immo it's a great game with great scary-atmosphere.....which hl2 won't has.....ok, the story will be better, but the scary feeling of playing it after midnight was unbreakable :D

saaya
10-06-2004, 12:19 PM
hmmm yes d3 is nice with its scarey atmosphere... but just for some time...

i reached hell and i was starting to get bored... so i never played it again... well i did, like 4 times, but i stopped again after 5mins... was just boring...

and hl2 is great!

even if you dont like the game you will finish it, believe me :D theres just something about it that makes it get never boring :D i could run around in empty levels for hours just gazing and enjoying the phsyics and the graphics and doing silly stuff, shooting birds and building pyramids of crap lying around to climb on roofs of buildings and then dive down a cliff hahahaha its real fun :D

and hl2 multiplayer will be kick4ss! not stupid fragging like with q4

p4z1f1st
10-06-2004, 12:54 PM
lol, du kleiner voreingenommener spiele-flamer :D ;)

HL2 will be great, no way - but i can't understand how so many people say, that HL1 was soooo perfect....it has a normal 08/15-story (lol, gibts das auf englisch?)

something with teleportation/alien-stuff goes wrong, i survived....have to get out of there.....i think Unreal1 was better at that time (97/98)....the only thing, i like @ HL1 was, that the army was hunting you :D

Iridium192_217
10-07-2004, 03:47 PM
hmmm yes d3 is nice with its scarey atmosphere... but just for some time...

i reached hell and i was starting to get bored... so i never played it again... well i did, like 4 times, but i stopped again after 5mins... was just boring...

and hl2 is great!

even if you dont like the game you will finish it, believe me :D theres just something about it that makes it get never boring :D i could run around in empty levels for hours just gazing and enjoying the phsyics and the graphics and doing silly stuff, shooting birds and building pyramids of crap lying around to climb on roofs of buildings and then dive down a cliff hahahaha its real fun :D

and hl2 multiplayer will be kick4ss! not stupid fragging like with q4

sounds like someones played the beta.... ;)

tricknasty
10-09-2004, 06:20 AM
ya doom3 is a disappointment. but i gotta play it hardcore if im gonna win any money at winter cpl =P