PDA

View Full Version : Crispy Wafer

MaxxxRacer
10-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Well another part to add to my list of dead hardware. My not even 2 month old 2600M that ran at 2.8ghz is now dead. it has a nice burn on it that goes all the way through the chip...

The funny part is that I have no idea why it did it. and it did it instanly when it was turned on... there was no water on it... and even if the cooler wasnt mounted correctly it wouldnt die right at bootup. it would last a little while... and i only used AS5 sparingly...

This really blows.....

Sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum. Feel free to move if it doesnt belong here...

The Virus
10-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Well another part to add to my list of dead hardware. My not even 2 month old 2600M that ran at 2.8ghz is now dead. it has a nice burn on it that goes all the way through the chip...

The funny part is that I have no idea why it did it. and it did it instanly when it was turned on... there was no water on it... and even if the cooler wasnt mounted correctly it wouldnt die right at bootup. it would last a little while... and i only used AS5 sparingly...

This really blows.....

Sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum. Feel free to move if it doesnt belong here...

How much vcore did you have it on for 2.8ghz???? And what was your cooling?

Super strokey
10-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Water cooling it sounds like, im sure it took quite a few volts to get it that high too

saaya
10-01-2004, 11:58 PM
i guess the security thing to shut down the system if the copu gets too hot was disabled :rolleyes:

believe it or not, several mobo makers disable this feature if they have some buggy bios files to fix some start up bugs :stick: