PDA

View Full Version : IT7 Max2 - put it out to pasture?

PnoT
10-01-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm using an it7 max 2 and i'm having a few issues with it atm. I have a p4 1.8a OC to 2.7 on air and a few sticks of Corsair 3200LL which is BH-5. Problem is i really can't even get my memory to do 200MHZ when it's rated at that. I've tried every lax setting in the bios (not much to play with on this board to begin with) but it simply will not post. I can get it up to 194(5) but that's about it. I'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong as i've checked all my bios settings. I do have the divider in the bios on LOW and 3:4. Here is a shot of my OC and a few settings for the ram. As you can see only 150fsb @ 1:1 due to me not being able to get 3:4 to work @ 150fsb. I have no mods on the board atm and the ram is at 2.8 which is the highest my bios will go. Is there a mod i have to do in order to get high fsb working on my board? Any help is appreciated.

http://members.cox.net/pnot/cpuz.jpg

http://members.cox.net/pnot/cpuz2.jpg

http://members.cox.net/pnot/cpuz3.jpg

bh2k
10-01-2004, 01:30 PM
More voltage might do it.

Jupiler
10-01-2004, 01:44 PM
I had the IT7 Max2 before and modded some bios' (3.2V Mem). Don't know if I still have them. I'll check for it tomorrow.

PnoT
10-01-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm just curious as to why the ram will not even work at it's default of 200mhz which is very strange. If you could manage to find that bios i'd appreciate it. I might have to mod the board eventually which i'm willing to do but what mods should the board need and where can i find a few guides? There used to be a few posted on here about a year and a half ago but i can't find those anymore =) Thanks again for the help!

Jupiler
10-01-2004, 11:37 PM
I don't have the files anymore, but I found a link that might help you out.
Phantom Punisher made several modded bios' for the IT7 series in the past, and they all seemed to work very well.

http://www.phantompunisher.netfirms.com/index2.shtml

PnoT
10-02-2004, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the link! I was looking around and the bios will do 3.2 with a simple mod i could even do. I might just invest in Hipro5's DDR Maximizer when it comes out or get one from OCZ. I still don't understand why my ram won't even run 200mhz thou with 2.8v when it's rated at 200mhz heh. I have a sneaky feeling it could be my powersupply that's messing me up here. I only have a stock Antec 300w and i have 4 hd's/1 dvdr/and the cpu and vidcard OC'd. I'll have to look into getting a new PS i guess atleast it couldn't hurt. I had a site with all the mods for the IT7 MAX 2 but it's gone now ugh.

enzoR
10-02-2004, 02:57 AM
Thanks for the link! I was looking around and the bios will do 3.2 with a simple mod i could even do. I might just invest in Hipro5's DDR Maximizer when it comes out or get one from OCZ. I still don't understand why my ram won't even run 200mhz thou with 2.8v when it's rated at 200mhz heh. I have a sneaky feeling it could be my powersupply that's messing me up here. I only have a stock Antec 300w and i have 4 hd's/1 dvdr/and the cpu and vidcard OC'd. I'll have to look into getting a new PS i guess atleast it couldn't hurt. I had a site with all the mods for the IT7 MAX 2 but it's gone now ugh.

Its definately not your ram .... its most probably the nothbridge not being able to handle it. more vnorth volts? :D

Perc
10-02-2004, 06:58 AM
i think the mb is just picky about what ram you run. i dont think your memory is the problem. i have an abit IC7 and a IC7-G max2 and both mb's are picky as hell about what memory i use. hell i had some EL-3700 ocz and a pair of samsung el-cheapo 3200 with no heat spreaders nothing and the 3700 wouldnt even run 220 1:1 where as the cheap ass 3200 samsung would run 270 1:1 go figure right..... try some differnt memory in the mb youl probly see that the memory you have now just doesnt play nice in the mb....

peace perc.

PnoT
10-05-2004, 03:37 AM
I'd love to do some mods to my board but i've posted all over the place hoping someone has the pics to Hipro5's IT7 Max2 mod in the motherboard mod forum but no dice. I'd like to use this board for a first time mod and then go from there. I haven't seen a nbridge mod around but then again it's hard finding info on such an old board. I should have saved the files way back when the board was new *slaps head*

hipro5
10-05-2004, 03:47 AM
He,he,he...........I found them........in an backup Hard disk of mine........ :D

hipro5
10-05-2004, 03:50 AM
......and.......

PnoT
10-05-2004, 03:51 AM
Sweet! I see no wires on those thou heh are these just the finished pictures?

Let me save them while they're up :D

Thanks Hipro5

hipro5
10-05-2004, 03:55 AM
First and second pics are heatsinks on the Mos-Fets and electrolytic capacitors on the back side of it in parallel with the existing ones for the VCore.........

Third and fourth pics are the VCore "fixed" mod for up to 1.95Volts IF I remember well.........

Fifth pic is the Vmem(Vdimm) mod for up to 3.5Volts - depenting on PSU.....I think the trimmer is a 10KOhms one......

hipro5
10-05-2004, 03:58 AM
Sixth and seventh pics are for VAgp "fixed" mod for up to 1.85Volts - if I remember well - or so......

hipro5
10-05-2004, 04:00 AM
Sweet! I see no wires on those thou heh are these just the finished pictures?

Let me save them while they're up :D

Thanks Hipro5

Vmem is "tuned" mod........Vagp and VCore are "fixed" mods.........That means that when you pick 1.6V within bios the final Voltage should be something like 1.75 - let's say - ......

The fixed resistor for the Vagp is 1.2KOhms and for the VCore is a 33KOhms.......

PnoT
10-05-2004, 04:02 AM
THANK YOU! I've been asking for these high and low :D
I hope after a few mods i can get my ram to do me justice because so far i'm highly disappointed in only getting it to stock range. I have the OCZ Powerstream 520W on it's way this morning and hopefully that might solve a few issues i'm having. Once again thanks i know your a busy man around here :)

hipro5
10-05-2004, 04:05 AM
THANK YOU! I've been asking for these high and low :D
I hope after a few mods i can get my ram to do me justice because so far i'm highly disappointed in only getting it to stock range. I have the OCZ Powerstream 520W on it's way this morning and hopefully that might solve a few issues i'm having. Once again thanks i know your a busy man around here :)

You're welcome...........any time if I can help......... :toast:

PnoT
10-05-2004, 04:16 AM
That Vmem mod has me all confused heh. I'm guessing you have to do the entire mod and depending on if your missing the capasitors or not you have to adjust what type of trimmer to put on it?

[QUOTE=hipro5]......and now the final and MOST DESSIRED Modd is the Vmem.....
IF your Mobo HAS all the resistors and capasitors OVER the chip "FAN5063" (six of them) on board,then ONLY put a 20Kohms trimmer INSTEAD of the 2Kohms one(*read below)....IF it has a "MISSING" resistor(the fourth one from the left to the right) ,then just do the following.....B]

[B]With this Modd we can HAVE 3,5Vmem(VDDR)....
To do so,first we have to Modd our PSU and espesially the 3,3V line....We have to make it 3,64Volts....If not then the Max we can get is 3,1Vmem.....
Looking at this chip and at about 5cm to the right of it,we can see a DIODE....It is underneath the Mos-Fet....We UNSOLDER it and we place there a coil(L) of 0,8mm fatness, 12 rounds in 4,5mm diameter with ferrite in it.....We do so to avoid the "spikes" of the 3,3V line.....
We ALSO solder a 1000microfarrad/10V electrolytic capasitor from the Mos-Fet(head) the (+) , to ground the (-).We can find "ground" OVER the Mos-fet where the small brown cappasitors are(all of them are grounded)....
Now after finishing this we go to the chip "FAN5063"....As we can see to the UPPER side of it, there are TWO SMD resistors(black ones) and a capasitor(brown one) ,then it is "THE MISSING" resistor and another TWO resistors as well....
We solder an SMD(or regular) resistor of "470 Ohms" to the LOWER side of the FIRST resistor(form left to right) and the other side of OUR SOLDER resistor ,we solder it at the midle pin of a 10 TURNS trimmer(cermet) of 2 Kohms
The UPER pin of the 10 Turns trimmer , we solder it on the UPER side of the SECOND resistor from left to right....
We solder this "470 Ohms" resistor for "SECURITY" not to BURN anything.....!!!!....

Wowza i would need my hand held thru that mod :slobber:

Oh and did you ever find a mod for this:

-----------------------------
Originally posted by Dirty_Punk
missing a mod.. vchipset mod! my IT7 MAX2 V2.0 can't pass 197mhz FSB, and at 197mhz it's rock stable but with some video artifacts in 3d with videocard stock speed.... do you know how to make a vchipset mod?? tnx!
-----------------------------

I'll try to....but first I have to "study" the cirquit....I'll be back....