PDA

View Full Version : starwars: battlefront

ocmyface
09-30-2004, 11:13 AM
wow, bought the game (PC) and installed it expecting to have some extreme fun, but no its terrible. Its about as monotonous as you can get. multiplayer is laggy and retarded gameplay, pointless and games end in minutes. the animations and models look like complete crap, all the empires are just reskinned copies of each other, and the sound FX sounds like some kid made it using the fruity loops demo =\

not too mention the graphics aren't even up to par with UT2k4!! i have ut2k4 at 1280x1024 medium everything, and i had SW:BF at 1280x1024 with everything MAXED OUT and ut2k4 still looked better!! looked like a battlefield 1942 mod :rolleyes:

its a huge waste of money :(

i also tried single player, it was a little bit better (and by better i mean just as crappy but no lag), but its still just retarded and a complete waste of money

DONT BUY, and did i mention it sucks?

megahurtz-oc
09-30-2004, 12:10 PM
i agree saw abuddy playing it. suck this game does. mmmm

Charles Wirth
09-30-2004, 12:24 PM
This game sucks and should be avoided. The whole premise is that you can can live the battles.

They use several battles from the star wars series to set up a senario where you have x amount of reinforcements to overtake the computer on each map.

Single players has several different battle types, the main one is campaigns for each faction. There is about 4 planets on each campaigns. These are too easy and lack any difficulty or stratagy. Nothing in the mission like meeting jedi at a certain point on the map or rescure or anything. just kill the spawning troops over and over.

Quite a few online servers, some are full, most are empty.

ocmyface
09-30-2004, 12:34 PM
actually in a battle at hoth i ran into luke skywalker... its funny becuase not only does he completely ignore you shooting him, but he DOESNT die... i had one of those two legged machines and i followed luke for 30 minutes blasting away at him and hed just get up and keep walking... i also chased him on foot shooting him and he'd walk right by me and never swing at me... he also automatically deflected 90% of the shots (and you only saw him move to actually block it about 50% of the times he did)

shrae
09-30-2004, 01:11 PM
I concur, it's a game entirely devoid of substance. These lackluster titles are what keep me from buying games.

The software devs are going on and on about piracy and "poor" sales (even though the gaming industry continues to rack up record revenues), including a recent plan to increase retail pricing. You'd think they'd come to their senses after a while and realize that if they didn't keep releasing worthless $50 games, we might buy more.

WesM63
09-30-2004, 01:37 PM
I'll say the games wasn't horrable, but it wasn't worth the money either. It was fun for a lil while trying things. I ran into Darth Vader alot trying to kill him multiple ways like you OcmyFace.

Charles Wirth
09-30-2004, 01:43 PM
I ran into both Dath Vader and Luke. There is a battle in the cloud city where you can knock Darth Vader over the edge and he doesnt respawn.

Iridium192_217
09-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Disappointing to hear.

I just got Rome: Total War. It is awesome. Highly recommended.

Jupiler
09-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Disappointing to hear.

I just got Rome: Total War. It is awesome. Highly recommended.

Couldn't agree more. It absolutely rox.

Also read that Shadow Ops : Red Mercury is the first 64 bit game, optimized for the A64. Anyone who tried it yet?

WesM63
09-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Didn't know shadow ops was out yet, i'll look into it. I'm assuming that means you'll have to have 64bit os? But thats ok, I have a copy.

ocmyface
09-30-2004, 04:37 PM
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=76 ;)

i just bought Ground Control 2, its awesome as well, and only 30 bucks
ill try Rome out, last time I DLed the demo it wouldnt even install

`schr0et
09-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Eh I went from Starwars Galaxies to SW BF after I cancelled my SWG account. To sum it up, another fine :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty product riding the SW name from Lucas Arts.

tricknasty
09-30-2004, 08:35 PM
battlefront is such a disappointment ;(

hollywood
09-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Man guys...I'm glad I read this.

I was about to buy Battlefront tomorrow... :)

ocmyface
10-01-2004, 09:56 AM
good, dont give lucas arts any more money until they publicly admit that it sucks and that they didn't even try to make it midly amusing... then give me legal ownership over THX :D

bias_hjorth
10-09-2004, 04:20 PM
I´ve read a lot of review saying this quite is more than okay.. I am truely a big starwars fan so would it be a total waste if I´d put my money on Lucas this time?

ocmyface
10-09-2004, 04:32 PM
id rather flush my money down the toilet ;)

if you're a big star wars fan to the point where just looking at luke skywalker gives you a hard-on, then you MIGHT like this lame... uh, i mean game ;)

shrae
10-10-2004, 08:53 AM
I´ve read a lot of review saying this quite is more than okay.. I am truely a big starwars fan so would it be a total waste if I´d put my money on Lucas this time?

The vast majority of the good reviews for the game concentrate on aspects of the game not intrinsic to gameplay, such as the authenticity of environments compared to the movies or the replication and availability of vehicles from the Star Wars universe. Many also discuss in length the singleplayer campaigns, even though they are excessively boring; others even praise the AI, even though the bots aren't advanced by any means. HL's mods has better third-party bots and that was 5 years ago.

The positive reviews avoid the reasonable but mediocre graphics and the lackluster multiplayer aspect of the game. All told - just like LucasArts' Star Wars: Galaxies was, relative to other MMORPGs - Battlefront is merely a poorly-implemented BF1942 clone that lacks strategic level design and intrinsic multiplayer game objectives and elements, and instead attempts to make up for its shortcomings under the guise of being a Star Wars environment with recognizeable characters, vehicles, and battle locations.

That doesn't mean that no one will find the game fun. If you like running around in a stormtrooper outfit blasting Ewoks, singleplayer can be amusing. Killing stuff and flying vehicles does tend to evoke carnal pleasure, at least for a couple minutes. But in my opinion it is a game entirely devoid not only of substance, but also the critical elements that keep a team FPS engaging.

tricknasty
10-12-2004, 08:36 PM
well put shrae....i honestly wish they would have done a good job ;(
jk2 was the best game lucasarts ever had and they quit support for it with a quickness

DCR
10-13-2004, 03:26 PM
I also have Battlefront and it isn't that good...but one thing I think that needs to be recognized is PATCHING. BF1942 has grown through patches and I think this game will too.

tricknasty
10-13-2004, 09:17 PM
yea lucasarts is notorious for throwing games out and then stopping support... ie no patches