PDA

View Full Version : best motherboard for overclcoking?

NyCUndaGrounD
10-28-2002, 11:16 AM
which one is the best mobo for overclocking and stability.

Colin
10-28-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by NyCUndaGrounD
which one is the best mobo for overclocking and stability. That's very vague... What do you want, a P4 or AMD board?

Abit is usually good, however I hear ECS based Abit boards aren't as good for overclocking. :(

NyCUndaGrounD
10-28-2002, 11:35 AM
its for a INtel P4. Intel 845E Chipset. with ddr 333. and raid?
im leaning against the Abit IT7-MAX2. is better then the Asus P4PE and the Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra in terms of overclcoking and stability

NyCUndaGrounD
10-28-2002, 11:59 AM
OK i gathered up the mobos that i have to choose from. WHich is best for overclcoking and stabilty?

SOYO SY-P4X400 DRAGON Ultra Platinum Edition
Abit IT7-MAX2
ASUS P4PE
GIGABYTE GA-8PE667 Ultra
Albatron PX845E Pro II

JCviggen
10-28-2002, 12:43 PM
the ABIT

all the others are a bit dissapointing. The ABIT isnt perfect but even when the board has an "off" day its still a lot better than the opposition. I've heard good things about Albatron, but never tested one so I cant say...

MrIcee
10-28-2002, 12:56 PM
Colin:)

I just want to clarify the Abit/ECS issue. It's been posted on these boards in the last few days....the boards Abit have outsourced to ECS are boards destined for the OEMs. All other boards for retail purchase are STILL manufactured by Abit themselves.:)

Randi:D

JBELL
10-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by MrIcee
Colin:)

I just want to clarify the Abit/ECS issue. It's been posted on these boards in the last few days....the boards Abit have outsourced to ECS are boards destined for the OEMs. All other boards for retail purchase are STILL manufactured by Abit themselves.:)

MRICEE would you be so kind as maybe do a news on it on the front page so our readers will see this .... I know it has been posted many times but it does not seem to be clearing up.

Joe

Colin
10-28-2002, 01:01 PM
Damn! Well don't I feel like an idiot! :(

MrIcee, why are ppl talking about boards in different colour boxes and such?

Sorry, I just don't know.

JBELL
10-28-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Colin
Damn! Well don't I feel like an idiot! :(

MrIcee, why are ppl talking about boards in different colour boxes and such?

Sorry, I just don't know.

The different color boxes had to do with a special program set up with ABIT and the World Cup....

The Blue boxes are from the World Cup sponsership and the Red boxes are your everyday - ABIT quality like you love them boxes.

Colin
10-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Hmm... Ok, thanks for clearing that up JBELL! :)

MrIcee
10-28-2002, 02:18 PM
JBell and all other members:)

The entire issue and comments from Abit are posted up on the front page as a news item. Hope this finally puts to rest the misconceptions:)

JBELL
10-28-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by MrIcee
JBell and all other members:)

The entire issue and comments from Abit are posted up on the front page as a news item. Hope this finally puts to rest the misconceptions:)

Thank you

NyCUndaGrounD
10-28-2002, 03:20 PM
So u guys all agree that the Abit board is the best?