PDA

View Full Version : Asus P4C800 E-Deluxe and 3 SATA Drives

baldyguy
09-27-2004, 07:21 AM
I currently have an Asus P4C800 E-Deluxe board and I’m running Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2. I have 1 WD Raptor 74GIG on SATA1, and I also have a Seagate 160GB on SATA2. Both of these drives are separate and non-raid.

I’m thinking of getting a Seagate 200GB SATA Drive and putting that hard drive in SATA RAID1. Is this possible? I want this to be a separate SATA drive (non-raid). How can I go about doing this?

Jupiler
09-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Should be no problem.
I assume that you're using the ICH5R controller right now, and wanna attach the 200 gb drive on the Promise Raid controller.
You should be able to configure the drive as non-Raid in the Promise controller bios without any problems.

Trucker61
09-27-2004, 05:27 PM
I have two raptor 36 gigers (raid 0)and a 120 sata barracuda, for S & G I tried running them in a non raid setup, and there was no way I could get all three to show up and work. I wanted to use one raptor for my OS, and the other raptor for game storage, and the seagate 120 is for general file storage. No matter what I tried I could not get all three to work independently. I tried using the promise controller set to non raid, then the seagate on the ICH5 did not show up, I tried using the ICH5 and the seagate on the promise did not show up, I did every thing I could think of in the bios, no success. Hmm, one thing I did not try was leaving the promise controller set to raid with the raptors on the southbridge, I will give that a shot and post back.

Edit: No luck with that either, I wonder if I am missing something. I had the two raptors running raid on the Promise chip and the seagate on the ICH5 before, Now I have one raptor and the seagate on the ICH5, no matter what I do I cannot get the third drive to show up. I am using bios 16, I wonder if I should try 17.....