PDA

View Full Version : klipsch promedia ultra 5.1 :D

ocmyface
09-26-2004, 06:50 PM
anybody own them? what do you think of them? how hard where they to setup and does it tax your PSU much at all?

im getting some as part of my super comp im building here in a month or two :banana:

Alexandrus
09-27-2004, 11:37 AM
What's it got to do with the PSU ?
The Klipsch is an awesome sound system, to answer your question.

ocmyface
09-27-2004, 12:47 PM
lol... i was very tired when i wrote that about the PSU i had misunderstood someone :x

how do yall position your sub?

shrae
09-29-2004, 01:31 PM
The Klipsch is a very reasonable speaker system for the computer multimedia segment. I am not a fan of the horn drivers (which Klipsch uses) but in the price range you aren't going to get much better, especially now that Altec Lansing's new series aren't that great.

Subwoofer positioning is up to the listener; it depends how much base effect you want. For example, if you put the subwoofer in its own echo chamber (for example, between the walls in the corner of the room and the side of a table, or even under a desk) it can vary the effect greatly.

HawainPanda
09-29-2004, 05:05 PM
oooh, neat ocmyme,I?ve read a lot about them..only good things :P, I think that..well, when I was about to purchase them, I didn?t because I opted out to get a faster cpu, I heard that the wires?that came with them weren?t very long, I was thinking of mounting two speakers on the 2 top corners of my room

SLN
09-30-2004, 01:06 AM
The only bad thing about Klipsch is their price. Here in Greece they come about 100-200 euros cheaper than buying low end hi-fi speakers. Basically I went for the gigaworks S750 that were 150E cheaper + 2 extra speakers. However when you compare the top 3 computer speakers Logitech Z680, Klipsch promedia and gigaworks the promedia smokes the competition in terms of quality.
Keep your ears open for those Swans! They are excellent!!

shrae
09-30-2004, 08:40 AM
The Swans that I've seen have very questionable frequency response for the consumer segment that the company claims to be marketing towards. Especially considering that they use decent size midranges.

ArkhAngelos
10-16-2004, 04:38 PM
I know most people will answer gaming when asked what they want their speakers geared towards, but there are some of us music fans out there for whom gaming performance is secondary to music reproduction. If you are like me, you might want to consider some monsoon electrostats. They have a amazingly good sound if you are directly positioned in front of them. Not room filling sound, but for yourself quite amazing.

lostark374
11-06-2004, 05:07 AM
good price for great speakers http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A0241925

Disposibleteen
11-10-2004, 05:33 PM
yea i have these speakers and my only gripe about them was that the speaker wires wiere too short. So i just bought replacement wires from www.klipsch.com and spliced them in to make my wires longer! :D