PDA

View Full Version : My Chiller

DocGolem
09-24-2004, 11:11 AM
This has been an ongoing project for about 3 months, basically since I couldn't seal up the cooler. Got my head together this week and bent the pipes and bought a new cooler.

I'm using 100% Antifreeze and got down to -25c. Attached is a few pictures of the unit. I'm going to put the housing of the a/c back on to make it look cleaner.

Next step is to get the motherboard and computer all ready to accept this bad boy. This is the step that I'm really worried about because if I screw it up, I'm out quite a bit of money.

:toast:

iboomalot
09-27-2004, 11:09 AM
sweet what kind of cooler is that seems thin

DocGolem
09-27-2004, 11:29 AM
It's a Rubbermaid one that I bought at Menards. You can buy it other places, but they had them on sale so I grabbed one.

It works out really well because you don't have to have a huge res filled with 4-5 gallons of stuff, this is only 2 gallons and it works great.

saaya
10-01-2004, 10:46 AM
what antifreeze? alcohol based? pure antifreeze is a bad heat conductor compared to water, if recommend you to mix it :)

i once saw a review where they tested all kinds of mixes of water, antifreeze, alcohol and water wetter. dont remember the best mix :/ darn that was years ago... hmmm

Waus-mod
10-13-2004, 02:09 PM
use 60% of (we call it in dutch) spiritus, 35% water and 5% antifreeze. this will help to conduct the heat better than 100% antifreeze

DocGolem
10-13-2004, 03:56 PM
I ended up doing a 60-40 of antifreeze and distilled water.

I'm kind of disappointed with the temps, they only get down to around -25c. I know that it's overcharged and by releasing some of the gas it would get better temps, but Juicy has the same a/c unit as myself and he got loser temperatures without his res being insulated?