PDA

View Full Version : machI MSI neo Platinum A64 mounting temp issue

thesaucier
09-23-2004, 01:38 PM
I have installed the mach 1 with the a64 mounting kit and booted to see 40c in the bios. The vcore was low and my evap temp was about 32c. I later got a computer shutdown stating do to temp problem. I have just taken the evap off and it seems to have good contact with the CPU. In fact it pulled the CPU out of the socket when I pulled the evap off. Is there a problem with this board and phase change that I do not know about? I am thinking of taking the feet off or down a bit on the mounting plate But again it seems to make good contact and the prommie is running fine. Any thoughts are appreciated
Do you all leave the A64 heat speader on or do you take them off?

thesaucier
09-24-2004, 12:02 PM
I have reseated the evap and it seems to be the same reading 40 in the bios and the evap reads -35c. the evap was reading about 27 28c when I had a 3000+ at 2.14 vcore. Does this board read wrong or what? I will be making my own mount for the evap today and will assume the board bios temp is way off if it reads the same after that. Anybody have this board with phase change? what do the board temps read like??

thesaucier
09-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Made the new mount and I swear this has to have good contact but the bios still reads 40c. Does the MSI neo2 platnium read lower than 40c with the 1.2 bios??????