PDA

View Full Version : Slackware 10.0 don't like Xp

jjcom
09-21-2004, 05:58 PM
just tryed running Slackware 10.0 on my newcomputer. It doesn't like Windows XP. Anyone know a work around for this? I liked using it but if I have to install SuSE 9.0 just to use Windows it ain't finding a home on this computer's hard drives.

Demon_Hunter
09-25-2004, 06:42 PM
What do you mean with the "It doesn't like Windows XP" ???
I didn't understand your problem.

see ya

jjcom
09-25-2004, 07:18 PM
meaning after installing I can't boot Windows...or slackware. So I have to reinstall SuSE and it fixes everything and can boot into Windows and SuSE. I can't seem to make Slackware work from the SuSE boot loader thing. It will start up, but it won't start completely. Meaning it only goes so and then says something like "Give root password to run mantience" Does anyone know a work around?

Demon_Hunter
09-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Oh that is the problem.
Well, when you install the Slackware you choose if you want the GRUB or LILO dual boot ???
What happens is that you are not showing GRUB or LILO the other partition with the other linux or windows.
I'm not sure now but I think if you choose the GRUB in the Slackware it should show the windows partition, I use LILO and it is a little harder to configure for who is not used with command line.
SuSE "correct" this problem because this distribution is a lot easier than Slackware (one of the hardest linux distribution)

see ya

jjcom
09-27-2004, 12:50 PM
I got it fixed...I chose to install LILO under Slackware which did nothing to my C: drive or my boot loader...anyway..I told SuSE how to boot it up and it works fine